Your Number One Fan

great update! loved it! vaughn really needs to sort things out or he will end up unhappy with lauren and lose syd all together!
thanks for the PM :D cant wait for more :P update soon!

Lauren is so............Lauren is just.............why does Lauren have to even exsits!! grrrr

Anyway Great Chapter it was really good!!

Chapter 7

AN- In case some of you are unsure when reading this chapter, some time has gone by :angelic:. Enjoy the chapter!

“Sydney Bristow has the puck. She makes her way up the ice. She shoots and she SCORES!”

“How about that, Bill? It’s Bristow’s third goal for the game. She seems to get better and better each time she steps onto the ice.”

“That she does. One more game and hopefully she’ll lead team USA to gold.”

“Eric, turn that up!”

“What?”

“Turn it up,” Michael Vaughn instructed, emerging from his bedroom. He quickly pulled a shirt over his head and sat on the edge of the couch.

“What’s your problem?” his friend, Eric, asked him with a confused look.

“Shut up,” Vaughn replied, waving his hand, attempting to quiet him.

Eric stopped talking, realizing that his friend clearly heard something on the TV of interest to him. Eric was quiet for a full five minutes before the silence started to get to him.

“Can I talk now?” Eric whispered.

“One sec,” Vaughn said, leaning forward. What was he expecting?

“I’m down here with Captain Sydney Bristow. Glad you could talk to us.”
At this point Vaughn was poised perfectly in front of the TV, and Eric was convinced that he was no longer blinking.

“Well, it’s my pleasure,” the woman on the TV said.

“So, tell us, Sydney, how do you feel about the game today? Have you floated down from cloud nine yet?” the man interviewing asked with a slight laugh.

The women laughed as well. “I don’t think so. I’m simply amazed that this is all happening. It’s been my dream forever to go to a gold medal game in the Olympics. I couldn’t ask for more.”

“Have you always played hockey?”

“For as long as I can remember. My dad introduced it to me when I was…four, I think, and I played on my first team of all boys when I was nine.”

“Of all boys? How was that?”

“Oh, very interesting. Many of them were very skeptic of a girl playing on their team, but here I am today.”

“The Captain of an Olympic hockey team going to the gold medal game,” the interviewer replied. The women blushed modestly.

“We wish you all the luck for the upcoming game, Sydney. That’s all for us down here. Back to you, Bill.”

Vaughn slowly detached himself from the TV screen and sat down on the couch with a blank expression on his face.

“She did it,” he whispered. Eric wasn’t listening, but wiping away chip crumbs from the couch.

“Wow, talk about a hot chick. I didn’t know hot girls were able to play hockey.”

Vaughn turned his head towards Eric with a disapproving glare.

“Whoa, dude, scary. What’s with the defensive look?”

“I know her.”

“You know her?” Eric asked, pointing to the TV with a slightly amazed look on his face.

“Well, I did at one time.” Eric could see the regretful look his friend was giving him as he looked down at his hands in his lap.

“I sense a story,” Eric responded, moving forward on the couch.

“There’s no story. We were friends and we lost touch.”

“Just friends?” Eric asked, knowing his friend was probably not just friends with a girl like that.

“Yes, Eric, just friends. You are aware that a girl and a guy can be just friends?”

“Whoa, sorry, didn’t mean to get you all upset.”

Vaughn rubbed his forehead, realizing how insanely crazy he probably sounded to his friend.

“I’m sorry. Promise you won’t respond with any sarcastic or witty remarks if I tell you about this?”

Eric nodded his head in response.

“I was one of the boys on Sydney’s hockey team when she was nine. We were very competitive with each other and didn’t really get along too well, mainly because we were too wrapped up in our own little competitive world to see that we plainly had a lot of common interests. Anyway, we lost touch after that, but about eight years later we met at the rink and started talking. We kind of became friends after that.”

“And then you lost touch?”

“There’s more,” Vaughn responded with a sigh; hating to relive through this. “I brought her to a King’s game as a friend. At the time I was dating this other girl, Lauren, so we both knew it was strictly as friends and nothing more. We were just standing there, celebrating a win, and all of a sudden she was in my arms. I don’t even know how it happened. I was too stunned to even think about it. All I could think was, ‘oh my God, she’s so close to me,’ and I was a goner from then. I kissed her.”

“And your girlfriend found out and that was the end of you and Sydney? Eric said, taking a wild guess.

“Not exactly…She got really mad. I wouldn’t talk to her after it and then she just left and I never saw her again.”

Eric sat motionless; staring wide eyed at his friend and then proceeded to smack Vaughn on the back of the head. “You idiot! What the hell is wrong with you?”

Vaughn winced as his friend smacked him. “I wasn’t done yet.”

“Oh, sorry. Continue.”

“She thought I just wasn’t talking to her anymore because I was mad or something stupid like that. I wasn’t mad at her. I was mad at myself for letting it happen. I knew I should have never brought her to one of the games, but I didn’t listen to myself and did anyway. I was planning on breaking up with Lauren, so that wasn’t the issue. The night before we went to the game my Dad informed me that we would be moving to Boston in a month because he got a job there. I figured it would just be easier on both Sydney and I if I just stayed quiet and let her be mad at me, because I’d rather that then her always wondering what could have been.”

“Wow…and you never told anyone else about this?”

“I haven’t had a reason to tell anybody about this till today.”

“Wow, we are so having a chick moment right now, aren’t we?”

Vaughn stood up from his spot on the couch and walked into the kitchen to make a sandwich, leaving Eric. He needed time to sort through his thoughts. He didn’t know how he felt. He thought about Sydney constantly, but he hadn’t actually seen any type of reminder of her till today. She was still just as beautiful, but in an older and more mature way.

He spread some mustard on a piece of bread as he pictured her face the way he remembered it and the face he had saw on TV a few minutes ago. She had really grown up, and probably forgot all about him since he was such a stupid jerk to her, he thought as he angrily spread the mustard on the bread with a knife.

“No need to take it out on the mustard, man,” Weiss said, coming into the kitchen.

Vaughn shook his head in anger. Sometimes he really did regret moving into a house with Eric. He had enough money to live on his own, that was for sure, but he assumed he would enjoy the company. He was no longer sure.

The two friends played for the L.A Kings together. Vaughn was the captain and star player, and Eric was the goalie. The two instantly formed a friendship, even if Vaughn wanted to rip his friend’s head off at times.

“So, this Sydney girl, you really liked her, didn’t you?’ Eric said after a moment of silence between the two.

“I did.”

“Well, why don’t you go and see her or something? It’s the perfect opportunity! She’s about to play in the gold medal game at the Olympics, right? She’s not about to rip your head off. She’s going to be all happy and felgercarb.”

Vaughn was quiet. For once in his life, Eric did have a point. He hadn’t seen or heard from Sydney in years, but he wanted to talk to her. At least wish her luck in the upcoming match. This would probably be one of the biggest days of her life, despite the turnout of the game, and he wanted to be there. He had no idea if she even remembered who he was or if she thought they might have had something together, but he definitely wanted to know. The only way he could think to do this would be to go and see her no matter how many painful feelings it may resurrect. Go and finally dig up the old feelings he felt for a girl such a long time ago.

hehehe, i beat the pm. :lol:

sorry, anyways that was a great chapter.
wow, syd's going to the olympics.
i can't believe vaughn just let her walk out of his life!
hopefully sydney will give him a second chance.
“Wow, we are so having a chick moment right now, aren’t we?”
:lol: omg, i love eric...
please update again soon!

~Kay ^_^

See living with Eric has a plus!!!
-YA I'm glad Syd is playing for the gold!!!
Hopefully she will listen to Vaughn!!
-LOVED IT! Thanks for the pm!!!

o wow..lots of time has passed haha
y were they both such idiots??
hahah i love eric!!!
hope vaughn goes to see her!!!
awesome update
loved it
thanx for the pm
cant wait for more!!!!

Back