Your Number One Fan

That was great ... wow they both made it ... cant believe Syd is in the Olympics ... ohh hope she hits him tho ... stupid noble boys ... love Eric so classic

“Well, why don’t you go and see her or something? It’s the perfect opportunity! She’s about to play in the gold medal game at the Olympics, right? She’s not about to rip your head off. She’s going to be all happy and felgercarb.”

lol too true, too true 👍 So Vaughn and Weiss are playing for the Kings, hey? That's so cool! And now Vaughn's going to go say g'day to her... awww :lol: I hope Sydney is understanding! Cheers for the update and PM mate! :cheers:

when i read this i was like wow! how much time has passed?!?!?!

and then... when i had gotten over that shock i was like... this is a really good chapter...

thanks for the pm,

thanks,
ABV

ahh awesoem time gap
this is gonna rock!!

its so sad about what happened vaughn moving
she musta thought he was the biggest idiot (like we all diD)
ahh cant wait for more

Oh first I was disappointed because we changed time frame. Then towards the end I totally love it... The whole combination when Vaughn tells Weiss about what happened afterwards... :smiley:

I like the way it's going now too... :angelic: When's the next update?????????????? :rolleyes:

Well at least Michael wasn't trying to be an ass...just noble and stupid...
Can't wait to see what happens when they meet up again.
thanks for the pm.

ooo yey! thats great! i hope that she still doesnt hate him and has got over things!
loved it :P thanks for the PM :D cant wait for more!

WOW! What a great story!

Please add me to your pm list....and update soon!
I wanna know if Syd will forgive Vaughn after all this years!

Thanks!

Great update! It's great that Syd's on Team USA and Vaughn and Eric play for the Kings and are all grown up...Hopefully Vaughn and Syd can forget the past and move on to the future. How I've missed this story...

-erin :smiley:

Thanks for the PM!

Sorry this took longer than normal to get up. I was lazy yesterday. Actually I've been pretty lazy the past week, but I was super lazy yesterday :confused:. Hope you like this update :D

Chapter 8

Sydney sat alone on the bathroom floor of her hotel room. Why exactly she was seated on the bathroom floor she had no idea, but she could barely move. She was going to be playing in the gold medal game at the Olympics! The Olympics! She always knew she wanted to continue playing hockey, but this was to the absolute extreme. This was a once in a life time opportunity. She stood up slowly; her knees knocking from pure excitement. She had called all of her family members and they had all promised they would be there for her on her special day despite the outcome.

She splashed some cold water on her flushed face and watched as the tiny beads of liquid traveled down her nose. She smiled in amazement at the entire situation, and walked out of the bathroom. She dove onto the large bed, giggling loudly.

She was going out tonight with her teammates to celebrate their win, much to the coach’s disagreement. Katrina was still Sydney’s coach after all these years, which Sydney found very ironic, but helpful since Katrina knew her so well from years of them working together. All members of the team had to promise Katrina they wouldn’t drink large amounts of alcohol, that they would be in their beds by 2 o’clock, and that they would be able to fully function for their early morning practice tomorrow. They all agreed, glad that they finally had some time to themselves, free from their intense training schedule.

Sydney jumped off her bed and began to attack her suitcase that was overflowing with clothes and objects to remind her of home. Most of the clothes she had with her were either t-shirts and old jeans, or hockey jerseys and clothes that she could train in. However, she did remember Nadia attempting to discreetly throw in some nicer clothes, claiming that Sydney would need them. Her sister was right for once. She pulled out a black, loose-fitting tank top, with a snowflake shaped pendant in the middle. She had a pair of dark, hip hugging jeans that she paired with the shirt, and high, heeled, black boots. She curled a few pieces of hair, and added only a bit of mascara and dark eye shadow. Over the years her sister had taught Sydney ‘how to be a girl’ in Nadia’s words.

She grabbed her small sparkly, clutch bag, and ran to meet the rest of her team in the foyer. She found them all anxiously waiting for.

“There she is. Late as usual,” her teammate, Brianna said.

Sydney walked quickly towards them with a smile on her face the whole time.

“So, where are we going?”

“There’s a small club at the end of this street. It’s small; not weird; but definitely fun.”

The girls all nodded their approval of the chosen location for their celebration.

“Remember what I said?” Katrina added as they all walked towards the exit of the hotel. They all nodded in response.

“Why don’t you come with us?” a girl asked.

“Well, unlike you ladies I actually have work to do and want to start planning our game strategy,” she told them, in a somewhat joking matter.

They all laughed and waved goodbye as they started the short walk to end of the street. The pack of girls reached the small club. The lights were slightly dimmed and the music was blaring.

“Oh my god, I love this song,” one of the girls exclaimed, grabbing Sydney’s hand and leading her out onto the floor. The whole team, except a few who went to order drinks (keeping in mind the coach’s constant reminders) were heading to dance. Sydney laughed at everybody’s eagerness to get out on the dance floor and followed them.

They all stood in the middle of the dance floor together, singing and dancing to Gwen Stefani’s Wind Up. Dancing was a strong word, though. Most of them were just jumping around, attempting to shake off their excitement from today’s game, including Sydney. She twirled around in a small circle with one of her friends and then they would both yell out, “WIND IT UP!” at the appropriate part. “You got to let the beat get under your skin. You got to open up and let it all in,” Sydney sang with the rest of her friends as the song played on. Sydney jumped around to look at some of her other friends who were behind her, but stopped in mid jump when she saw who was standing in the doorway looking directly at her.

She didn’t know if her mind was playing tricks on her or if Michael Vaughn was really standing mere meters away from her.

“Holy felgercarb,” she muttered under breath, when she realized he wasn’t a mirage at all, and he was making a beeline straight towards her.

Some of the other girls looked at her curiously when they realized this man was heading towards her and she was standing there dumbstruck.

“Oh my god, that’s Michael Vaughn from the Kings,” she heard from her behind her.

“Sydney,” he said when he was right in front of her, and for once Sydney was at loss for words.

“Sydney?” he said, this time with less confidence.

“You’re Vaughn,” she croaked out, not able to think of any other words at the particular moment.

He laughed quietly. “Yes, I am.”

“You’re Vaughn and you’re here.” She really wasn’t doing too well with English right now.

“Yeah, and I know it’s a completely weird time to just show up out of nowhere, but I saw you on TV today and I wanted to come and see you. It was a great game”

Suddenly Sydney snapped to her senses. She hit his chest.

“It’s taken you this long to talk to me. Are you insane?”

“Sydney, let me explain.”

“Vaughn, it’s been years since it happened. Why talk about it now? And why here?” she said, gesturing to the club scene they were currently situated in, as the song changed to London Bridges by Fergie. Sydney almost laughed at the entire situation, but refrained from doing so.

“Because, Sydney, I haven’t stopped thinking about you since that day.”

Sydney barely realized that half her team was now gathered around her, awaiting her answer to that line.

“W-what?”

“Since I kissed you that day I haven’t been able to get it out of my head for all these years, and seeing you on the TV today, I realized that I had to tell you that.”

“Vaughn, you left me without saying a thing. You had a girlfriend!”

“Lauren wasn’t the problem,” he yelled over the blaring music.

Sydney could barely hear him, but she knew what he just said and she was curious to see where this conversation was leading to.

“Come here,” she said, walking towards the exit so they could carry on a normal conversation and not yell at each other over the music.

“Okay, continue,” Sydney told him, crossing her arms over her chest, giving him the chance to explain what happened all those years ago.

“Lauren wasn’t the problem. I would have broken up with her for you, even if we barely knew each other; there was no doubt in my mind that we had something.”

“Well, then why didn’t you say anything? I gave you the chance and you just sat there pathetically, and let me believe that I had done something wrong.”

“And I’m sorry for that, Sydney, but at the time it was what I thought was best.”

“How is what you did best?”

“Because, Sydney, I was moving to Boston.”

“Boston?”

He nodded his head. “I didn’t want to hurt you, but I also knew it would be harder for me to leave you if I was somehow romantically attached to you like the way I wanted to be.”

Sydney ability to speak English had now officially disappeared. Vaughn noticing this leaned down, before he could change his mind, and kissed her swiftly. When he pulled back her lips were curved upwards and her eyes were full of happiness. He sighed with relief realizing this.

“Yeah, and what if I had a boyfriend now?”

“Well, I’m just going to have to hope you don’t,” he said with a smile, knowing she didn’t judging by the large, dimpled smile she was giving him.

“You’re one very lucky man, Michael Vaughn.”

“Yes, I am.”

“So, what does this mean?” she asked.

“Whatever you want it to mean,” he told her, leaving the decision completely up to her.

She stood up on her toes and kissed him quickly. “You still love hockey?” She was smiling, knowing his response.

He nodded his head, knowing she was joking with him, but loving it all the same.

“Well, then it means I want you to come inside with me and meet my friends and stay with me till the gold medal game if you can.”

“I would love to.”

She took his hand in hers and led him back inside towards her group of friends. They turned towards her, noticing the man she now had following her, who they all recognized as the Captain of the Kings.

“Everyone this is Michael Vaughn.”

“Hi,” they said, slightly star struck.

“You’ll have to excuse us for a minute, Michael,” Shelly said, taking Sydney by the arm and leading her away from Vaughn. Every single person on the team circled around her, awaiting the explanation they demanded.

“Sydney, you never told us you were dating Michael Vaughn!”

“He’s gorgeous!”

“Yeah, what’s with the secrets, Bristow?”

Sydney blushed. “Well, I didn’t actually start seeing him till a couple minutes ago.”

“Okay…” They waited for a further explanation, which Sydney gave in a simplified version.

They all stared at her with their mouths open wide. “That’s so romantic!” one of the girls squealed.

“It is, isn’t it?” Sydney said with a giggle. Sydney was definitely not one to giggle about a boy, but this was Vaughn. He was the exception.

“Well, if you girls will excuse me, I’ve finally have someone waiting for me.”

Back