• He is not good nor evil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dosent mater, I just watch the show

• Never though about it

• Total voters
whichever..:mellow:
he'll do everything for his daughter..i think..
he loves syd enough to do anything whether he has to be good or bad..

I think we will get to know Jack better. Jenifer Garner wants to have her workload reduced this season, because she nearly drove herself into the ground keeping up with last year's schedule, and Jack should be taking on some of that. Plus, I understand that whatever Victor has been told about Jack's storyline for season 4, he is excited about it. Good news for season 4! :woot:

Ophelia said:
I think we will get to know Jack better. Jenifer Garner wants to have her workload reduced this season, because she nearly drove herself into the ground keeping up with last year's schedule, and Jack should be taking on some of that. Plus, I understand that whatever Victor has been told about Jack's storyline for season 4, he is excited about it. Good news for season 4! :woot:
good! if victor´s happy we´re happy! :lol:

Jack Bristow is the greatest single character on this show. He is an extreme badass and he can distance and detatch himself from situations emotionally in order to get the job done.

The guy is just a supreme badass and someone that no one would ever want to mess with.

I don't believe he is evil at all. He cares about Sydney more than anything.

Jack is an interesting character to be sure. Clearly he makes a distinction between right and wrong. Whether you agree with where he draws the line is another issue entirely. It is not enough to say that just because someone is capable of love, they are not evil. The ability to love makes a person more layered, but not less evil. Sloane, for example, is evil, despite his devotion to Emily. Jack, if the circumstances are right, I believe is capable of everything Sloane is. So is Jack evil? I don't know yet. What I do know is whatever action jack takes, seemingly good or bad, must be examined closely. He is a man with many secrets and motives.

Interesting takes. But, boy, do I ever have a different opinion. Jack isn't emotionless, but extremely repressed--he suppresses his emotions because he doesn't want to deal with them. In fact, his emotions are so strong that he fears them--they almost destroyed him once upon a time. (Did you see no emotion when he struck Cuvee?) Is he selfish? It's an interesting way of seeing it. The man doesn't even have a life. His actions, hiding his secrets, may seem so, but his motivation is Sydney's safety and happiness. For example, did hiding the truth about Irina in any way protect Jack? Hardly. Sydney adored the memory of her mother all unaware of what she perpetrated upon him, leaving the two estranged. He's put his life on the line to protect hers on every available occasion. His actions have been at times misguided (setting up Irina because he feared for Sydney's safety), but his intentions were good.

That said, Jack's experience with Irina hardened him. He is no hero. His insistence that evil must be fought by any means necessary exemplifies the fact that his outlook needs adjustment--something that he can look to his own daughter (his "salvation") to assist in.

Gosh. Didn't think my reply would be so verbose . . .

This is exacty what I think. Jack Bristow isn't a bad guy. He's a good one. He fears his emotions becaus ehe feels they will make him weak. He just hasn't been lucky I think. As much as I like Irina's character, he should let go and move on, get a new girlfriend, etc... :love: :blush: Actualy seeing Jack Bristow happy would be a nice thing I think.

I belive Jack is good. I love that he has secrets, and the secrets allways turns out to be in his love for Sydney. Jack is an interesting character ;)

Jack is a good guy,who is trying to do right things,but sometimes do wrong things for right reasons.Road to hell is paved by good intentions and all that..

Back