Your Top 10 Video Games of all time

Oh yes... What are the top 10 video games you have ever played?

Not ranked by graphics or anything else, but only by one criteria: FUN.
Which games have given you the most warm fuzzies over the years?
Computer or Console.

Comments about any or all of the items on your list are welcome!

I'll start:

1 - DragonRealms
2 - Quake 1
3 - World of Warcraft (I complain about it a lot, but I had a lot of fun w/ friends there)
4 - Team Fortress Classic (The original TF and TFC)
5 - Dark Age of Camelot
6 - EverQuest
7 - Far Cry
8 - Counter Strike
9 - Ghost Recon (original)
10 - Half Life 1

Honourable Mentions: Pool of Radiance, Kings Quest series, Space/Police Quest series, Homeworld, Command & Conquer - Red Alert, Starcraft

I am probably forgetting some that should be on the list... but after the top 5 or so... things got fuzzy.. I think the quickly disappearing glass of wine next to me isn't helping much.. :smiley:

(If we have done a similar survey previously, I don't remember it and couldn't find it with a search. If so, it is time for a new version, then, anyway. :smiley: )

Geesh, I've come to find that I can't rank them at all... But here goes. Any Castlevania, any Zelda, the Smackdown wrestling games, any Elder Scroll game, Unreal, Fire Pro Wrestling, any Command & Conquer, EQ 1, WoW, CoV

1.) Shadow of the Colossus
2.) Counter Strike: Source
3.) Final Fantasy XI (had alot of fun there :smiley: And may have more in the future.)
4.) Super Smash Bros. Melee
5.) Thief: Deadly Shadows
6.) City of Heroes
7.) Resident Evil 4
8.) Wing Commander Prophecies
9.) Donkey Kong 64
10.)Super Mario Sunshine. :smiley:

This is truly an impossible thing for me to do. The even thought of me attempting this list would rip humanity off the face of the earth, erupt volcanoes, melt the ice caps, and make George Bush care about black people. We would find ourselves spinning out of orbit, and exploding into an estimated bajillion' million peices...

Sounds fun.

1. Half-Life (Mods included.)
2. Half-Life 2 (Mods included.)
3. City of Heroes
4. World of Warcraft (Only because it was a x6 rate server.)
5. Gears of War
6. Quake 3
7. Oblivion
8. Ocarina of Time
9. Sonic Adventure (Both. (Yes, I can do that. Eat me.))
10. Fable: The Lost Chapters

I haven’t actually played that many computer games (more when I was younger) but here goes:

1. Ultima Online (1997-1998)
2. Ultima V (Apple II)
3. Cesar III
4. Rescue Raiders (Sir-Tech) (Apple II)
5. Ultima IV (Apple II) (and/or Ultima III)
6. Wasteland (Apple II)
7. Joust (Atari 2600) of maybe Quest for the Rings (the Odyssey System, first console)
8. WoW (I am with Navarre on this one)
9. Dr. Mario (Nintendo)
10. The Eamon Series (Apple II)

1) DR
2) Blades of Steel
3) Black and White
4) Caesar 3
5) Battlefield 2
6) Super Contra
7) Rogue Spear
8) Fable
9) Battletech: 3030
10) Heroes of Might and Magic: Dark Messiah

I can't even remember half the games I played... especially during the period where I wrote games reviews for the magazine I worked for at the time (PC Magazine)... I've just seen too many to even consider a list.

1. LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue Complete
2. LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete
3. Castlevania: Symphony of The Night
4. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
5. Magi-Nation
6. Golden Sun
7. Super Mario RPG: Legend of The Seven Stars
8. Robopon: Sun Version (No, I'm NOT joking)
9. God Hand
10. Brave Fencer: Musashi

Top 10? Easier to split an atom with my swiss army knife than do this.

Here goes:

1. Wasteland
2. Ultima IV
3. Ultima III
4. Gyruss
5. World of Warcraft
6. Doom
7. Might and Magic
8. SimCity
9. Civilization
10. Master of Orion

This list is not in order. MOO, for instance, should be much higher on the list.

1.) UFO Enemy Unknown (aka X-com ufo defense)
2.) Gemstone 3/4
3.) The entire elderscrolls series
4.) Star Wars: Rebellion
5.) Super smash brothers: Melee
6.) FF:9
7.) Red alert
8.) Mech warrior 2
9.)Mario brother 3
10.) ugh umm... I want to put in star craft, WoW, diablo, and warcraft 3 still... so lets just say every game from blizzard.

Ouch this is difficult... these are probably my top 10, but not in any particular order.

Homeworld
Homeworld: Cataclysm
Tie Fighter (Still my undisputed favorite Star Wars game)
WoW
Halo
Morrowind
Dragon Warrior
UT2004
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
FF7

In no order:

1.) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Link is sexy *drools*)
2.) Super Smash Brothers (any of them, I have spent countless hours with friends or my sisters and have enjoyed every moment)
3.) Final Fantasy VIII (my first real RPG, fantastic story, fantastic music, fantastic battle system, fantastic graphics for the time, etc. etc.)
4.) Final Fantasy X (pretty much the same as FFVIII above but I became really attached to the characters here and yes I enjoyed X-2 despite it being overly girly, the overall story is awesome)
5.) Final Fantasy Tactics (took me awhile to get into it but once you get teh hang of it, the tactical battles are addicting. Also this is the PSX version, the GBA version, while addicting, doesn't have a good enough story to go on this list)
6.) Xenosaga 1 and 2 ( lumping them together as it is a continuing story, sci-fi of course and the characters are all awesoem with their own stories, can't wait for 3)
7.) Guild Wars ( for the sake of being a game where I can shoot arrows in a pretty environment with fluid music and have the option to play with others or not, it's just pretty and fun to play something easy and casually for once )
8.) Chrono Cross ( I love the story and the whole philosophy of the presence of time, philosphical stuff like that wins me over pretty easily )
9.) Pokemon Puzzle League ( Hehe I need to throw a puzzle game in here, this one is addicting and very fun, it's like tetris on crack and I don't care even if it is Pokemon related )
10.) Everquest II ( Well, it did steal my soul for a year, unfortunately I couldn't allow SOE to keep stealing my wallet, the game isn't as fluid as GW but it's still huge and has an infinite amount of things to do which keeps me happy and occupied )

In no particular order.

1) Final Fantasy 7
2) Final Fantasy Tactics
3) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
4) Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
5) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
6)Xenogears
7)Chrono Cross
8)Shadow of the Colossus
9)ICO
10)GoldenEye (The N64 one)

Back