Your Top 10 Worst Video Games of All Time

Leo said:
EDIT: Ah just re-read that.. yeah was going to say the earlier female authors weren't as good, didn't have the same flow as the other authors. But they got better later.
Yeah, later they got much better. But earlier on... yuck.

Best Star Wars books, to this day, remain the Rogue Squadron books. And I know I've told you that 101 times, honey, but I'm saying it for the others here.

blur said:
Yeah, later they got much better. But earlier on... yuck.

Best Star Wars books, to this day, remain the Rogue Squadron books. And I know I've told you that 101 times, honey, but I'm saying it for the others here.

I agree Rogue squadron is still my favorite, even after all these years I still reread them every now and then when I can't afford a new book. Though I also enjoyed the wit of the wraith squadron series. And NJO, certainly had its fair share of drama.

I, sadly, have not read any of Rogue Squadron. I always enjoyed the more recent stuff, such as NJO and the Zahn books. Always had trouble finding the earlier Rogue Squadron books so never really got started on it.. same way I am with manga, if I can't find the first few books then I probably won't read that series at all.

The graphics in FF7 and FF8 both gave me migraines. 7 was worse, though, if only because I couldn't play it for more than 45 minutes without feeling like I needed to throw up because someone was pouring hot bleach in my eyes.

Leo said:
I, sadly, have not read any of Rogue Squadron. I always enjoyed the more recent stuff, such as NJO and the Zahn books. Always had trouble finding the earlier Rogue Squadron books so never really got started on it.. same way I am with manga, if I can't find the first few books then I probably won't read that series at all.
Well, when you're living out here, you'll have access to just about every SW novel ever written. The only ones I'm missing, currently, are the last few in NJO and the novels with grown up Jacen and Jaina, etc.

OMG! I forgot to add a game to the very top of my list.

DANCE DANCE RECOLUTION.

This is the stupidest, most annoying and retarded game on the planet. Everytime I see these mall rats at the arcade that spend all day on this game I go by and slap them and then pee on the machine.

On a side note- I love the Rogue Squadron seriest also.

As far as worst games of all time... I have every single original Nintendo game and an emulator on my computer. Once in a while, I will just browse through and point my cursor at a random one and play it. Some mind-shatteringly horrible experiences.

But the worst one you might ask? "Color a Dinosaur" You pick one of a dozen dinosaurs from the uninspired menu-screen, point and click with a cursor to fill in (paint-bucket style) their two dozen blank spaces with one of a dozen patterns/colors. And when all spaces are filled, the game goes back to the menu... no animations, no nothing. Luckily my g/f was over and we just MST3K'd the hell out of it. How in god's name did this game get made?

no

WatchMaker said:
I don't really see "mall rats" as a reason to hate the game they play. It's pretty fun to do, not to mention challenging.

Mall rats are only a small reason why I hate the game. I hate it because I think it's mind-numbingly boring and annoying. The music would probably be my biggest peeve. It's as if someone had jumped on my head and starting stabbing my eardrum repeatedly whilst they smack my skull around with a brick.

You're just too lazy to play a game that actually involves coordination. It's highly addictive and fun, and it IS a challenging game, it takes forever to build up the physical capacity and mental mindset necessary to play a 10 step song on heavy mode. Go and play a game before you judge it. Even if the songs are very cutesy, they are addictive and fun to play to.

DDR is rather fun and if you don't like the music on one, there are numerous versions to choose from as well as similar games produced by other companies. I'm not all that great at it but I'm by no means horrible. My g/f got me into it quite a while back and it's still fun to pull out the pads once in a while.

DDR's a Mall Rat's Simon..
Guitar Hero rocks it's face.
I'm with Daax tho'. Kid mixed techno and trance music is horrid. What they did to some classical music in the name of a rinse repeat game, there's no excuse.

It'd be rather hard to dance to classical music where it's harder to feel the beats per minutes, unless you're just really good with music and can find the beat anyway, the games are designed simple and suppose to be simple. That's why it is insanely fun, take a break from the bigger stuff for awhile, wear yourself out to some little Japanese pop-type songs, then go back to your computer chair and keep playing that MMO where you point, click, kill, rinse and repeat to get you five rats for the NPC in town.

Even in a day like today, where games are constantly becoming more complex, better looking, and over all more advance, it's the simple, fun games that last. As much as I hate to say it, this is one thing CounterStrike has going for it, and why it has lasted so long. Shoot, duck, jump. Basic, yet through that it allows for teamwork ect. While personally my brain turns to jelly when playing most games like that, DDR manages to catch my fancy. (Can I say that?)

I certainly can say without any remorse that some of the songs on their make baby jesus want to cry, but in all honesty that's my opinion. You won't find me in the mall breaking it down to some pop techno, but when I'm at a lan... Well, sometimes it's best just to through caution into the wind and cut loose.

I'm not currently playing any MMOs. Been playing alot of counter strike for the most part. I just plain don't like DDR. Not because I'm lazy, but because I think it's a bad game. Quit judging me, Leo, just because I have a different opinion of a game than you.

Where have I judged you? I was talking about the game. If you want to avoid criticism you should avoid making crude remarks all the time or making fun of other people. I'm just saying why DDR is fun, if you want to take that as a personal insult.. well, fine, I can't do much about that.

Back