"You're Glowing!"

Title: "You're Glowing!"
Author: Jalyn
A/N: The result of trying to pretend WWWA wasn't there, haha. But, well, FLUFF. Definitely FLUFF. I love fluff, but one can't write fluff all the way, can one?
Timeline: Post-Season4
Relationships: Sydney/Vaughn definitely; mentioned/indicated Nadia/Weiss
Ratings: PG-13

---
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>You're Glowing!</span>
Ficlet

“You’re glowing,” Dixon observed. Sydney tried to hide her grin and turned to face him.

“I’m not glowing!”

“Yes, you are. Marshall, Sydney’s glowing,” he nudged Marshall, who was walking by rather innocently with a USB drive. He looked at Sydney, back at Dixon, and at Sydney again.

“You’re glowing!”

“For the record, I perspire and sweat; horses glow,” she teased. She had a good reason to glow. A very good one, indeed. Amidst the banter between Marshall and Dixon over her glowing, a huge grin started to grow. She couldn’t wait to tell all of them what her big news was, but she couldn’t – at least, not now.

---​

“Dude, you have that grin on your face for almost an hour now. Does it have anything to do with that woman in your life, and the two days you went missing with her, without any note other than the one you left on all of our emails? Eh?” Weiss prodded, and Vaughn shrugged, the grin still in place.

“At least I left you a message. I could’ve just disappeared with Sydney,” he paused for a semi-second, “and without a trace, at that!”

“Oh, come on, with a ‘To APO: Don’t worry about us – Sydney and Vaughn’ note – Hah, you know you can’t disappear without a trace, you can’t resist me.”

Vaughn gave him a look, and a shove at the back.

“We said more than ‘don’t worry about us’ in that note, mind you!”

“Yah, whatever, you’re seriously not going to tell me anything? I’m your best friend, you remember? The one who you always confide in? The one who actually allows you to crash his couch… Remember, jeebuz?”

“Doofus, I remember,” he retorted, then Sydney entered and his grin lit the room up again. She gave him a long kiss, and he returned it. Weiss covered his eyes with his fingers mockingly.

“Get a room, kids, get a room!”

“Fine, but I do have to remind you of the time I caught you at my apartment, with my lovely sister!” Weiss grew a deep red, and he made some weird hand gestures which made Sydney giggled.

“Alright, fine, I’ll get out. I’ll even lock the room for you, yeah?”

“Thank you!” Sydney and Vaughn said simultaneously, and Weiss exited, his face still as red as beetroot. Once the door clicked in place, the both of them started talking at the same time.

“Did you tell-”

“Did anyone ask-”

They beamed at each other, answered together, and they started laughing.

“Dixon and Marshall are convinced that I’m glowing, though I’m pretty sure that I am,” she told him, planting little kisses on his face, his neck, then lightly on his lips. It drove him crazy, and he began to loosen his tie.

“Are we going to tell them sometime soon, though?” she asked, and he gave a snort. He helped her to take her coat off, then planted a kiss on her shoulder.

“Definitely soon. Soon. I don’t know when. But soon.” He took off his own jacket.

“The floor’s carpeted,” she whispered in his ear. He frowned.

“So?”

“Carpet burn. Hurts like hell. I can’t wait but … I don’t want it to hurt.”

“Right.” He replied, a little disappointed, but pulled her closer to give her another long kiss. It sure was hard to resist, he thought, as he continued to kiss her. His fingers explored her body, then she pulled back.

“Alright. I can take the pain,” she said, an enormous smile on her face.

---​

When they got out of the room, a little breathless but each with their grins plastered on their faces yet again, they were greeted by Jack. Vaughn wanted to turn back into the room, Sydney pinched him and he winced and stayed.

“Hi, Dad,” she said, beaming. Jack nodded in acknowledgment, and cocked his head quizzically.

“Is there anything wrong? The two of you look … out of sorts.”

“Nothing’s wrong, Dad.”

“Yeah, nothing,” Vaughn echoed, and immediately regretted it as Jack turned his glare on at him. “Alright, fine, something happened. It’s not wrong. It’s not bad. I promise,” he babbled. There was no one who could make him behave like that. Well, like no man could.

“Agent Vaughn, may I remind you that while you are now part of the family-”

Their eyebrows shot up like twin sets of rockets. Ready, fire, blast! Sydney’s jaw fell open in the process, too, as she went through what her father just said.

“How … Did you figure it out?” she managed to croak out. He cracked a small smile – if he could ever smile in front of Vaughn – and simply shrugged and told them.

“I have my own ways.”

He left after saying that, still leaving the two of them confused.

“How did my father find out? Do you think anybody else did?” she said in a low whisper, as Nadia walked in from the main doors. She shot Sydney a smile, and hugged her. Sydney hugged her back, but was now more confused than ever.

“Congrats!”

“Wow, thanks, congratulating me for what?” Sydney tried to play it cool, and Nadia gave her one of her soft, long laughs.

“You know, you can’t hide the fact that you’re now officially engaged – not with papers flying about at home, and a big engagement ring to follow!”

Sydney slapped her forehead and winced at Vaughn, mouthing a ‘sorry’ to him. He only responded by hugging her closer. Nadia broke in a big grin as well.

”I’m really happy for you guys. Does anyone else know?”

“You, and you wouldn’t have happened to tell my father, did you?” she inquired, and Nadia blushed.

“Maybe I did let it slip. I thought you’d have told him, at the very least!” she protested, and the two of them laughed.

“Well, at least now you know, you were the first to know. You should be honored.”

“I am,” she replied earnestly. “So were you planning to tell the rest?”

“Soon,” Sydney echoed what Vaughn said just now, but this plan was soon about to be foiled as the rest of the guys came in – Weiss, Marshall, and Dixon.

“No wonder you were glowing!” Dixon exclaimed, and all of them laughed.

“Yah, when were you planning to tell me, best friend?” Weiss quipped playfully, and Vaughn gave him a salute to ask for forgiveness. He saluted back, and then scratched his head, pondering.

“So, the two days – a rendezvous? Tell us more about it!”

“Noseyparker,” Sydney stuck her tongue out but smiled all the same. She looked at Vaughn and gave him a nod, and he took a long breath.

“We went to Santa Barbara. The last time I had it planned so carefully… It backfired. This time, I did everything in the spur of the moment. There was no booked room, no flowers, and no scheduled trips.”

“After all these years, he still remembered I loved the giraffe with the crooked neck,” she added, then looked at him with a slight smile, obviously reminiscing over the incident at Liberty Village. She turned her attention back to the group. “So, he took me there, and I didn’t stop talking about it, and the lack of plans that he made. I thought that after he’d revealed it to me some time back,” she looked at him again, “he wouldn’t do the same thing he’d described. I certainly wasn’t expecting it.”

“Just like I described, I went down on one knee, in sawdust, right in front of the enclosure that kept the giraffe with the crooked neck.”

Sydney saw Nadia sigh in contentment, and grinned. Vaughn also noticed that Weiss had pulled Nadia much closer to himself, and he smiled as well.

“You know what this means, right?” Weiss quipped. Everybody turned to look at him.

“It’s time to celebrate!”

And celebrate they did, with lots of laughter, wine and – oh yes, lots of love.

---​

A/N: So, yes. Lots of love, lots of fluff, AND I might continue with the fluffy wedding, the fluffy honeymoon, the mother of everything fluffy! :D Comments? I'm feeling really good because of the fluff though, haha, I suppose it amends all the angst I've been writing lately :P

i bags first :P brb!

*dances* WOOT WOOT! I was first Jalyn... *giggles* FIRRRRRST! So pwoud of myself, teehee.

Looooooove sv fluff. *drowns in fluffyness* :love: Lmao, loved the carpet's burn thing... Hehe! FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF! :woot: Hehe, and Jack almost caught them... Hahaha!

AND OMG!!!

:jawdrop:

They're ENGAGED?!?! OH MY GAWWWWWWSH!!! JALYN! You totally rock my socks!! :woot: And their whole twip to Santa Barbara... *melts into a puddle* Duuuude. So sweet... Hehe. even if i hadnt seen season four yet.. i sort of get the gist of it!

*double thumbs up & a cheesy smile* This is continued... Right? :angelic:

Cai
x

:jawdrop: holey moley fluffy fluff!!! :love:
i luuuuuuv dat (y) so...fluffy 😆
woaw they disapeared just like that :woot: and he hadn't planed anything and :jump: wooooooaw :throb:
and Jack :thud: I thought he just I dunno...guessed :rolleyes:
oh my nutella :woot: sooo awesomely awesomesque!! :love:
I'm in luv with this fic :blush:
can I have a PM when you update? :Please:
OOoh and pweaaaase lemme be addict #1 :notworthy:
pweaaaaase? *puppy eyes*
:poke: hope to read more bewwy soon :angelic:
:hug:

Sci :watsup:

Cai said:
I almost forgot... I want a pm, pleaseys!! :angelic: If you continue that is.. *fingers crossed*
[post="1279283"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

(y) she will continue
:poke: right? :angelic:
I'll :poke: you 'till you do :P

Hahhahahah can I torture you guys by saying no? But, my muse decided to work overtime and is overfilling my brain with ideas for the fluff! The fluff! :D

And Sci - Wheeeee, of course I won't mind ;) :D

*bounces*

ooh pm me too pwease pwease pwease, I want more fluff, now!!! Seriously I can feel an addiction to your fic coming... Its amazing, update soon.!!!!

AWWWWW! That was SOOOO cute! LOL and the carpet burn....funny stuff right there! :lol: But anyway, this fic is so adorable :love: Can i get a PM? thanks a bunch! update soon! ~Sarah :P

OMV!!! I really, really love this story.
I mean, it was kind of obvious that they were engaged, but it was fun to have then hiding it and forgetting to take off the ring...etc, etc. Very unique and interesting fic! You're very talented and I really, really liked the first chapter. Please add me to the PM list and update soon!!! I'm dying for more!
:hug:

Riley xoxo

Back