You're Joking, Right?

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

okay, so this fic is a little on the wierd side - but it's funny i promise you that it is really, really funny
i had this idea and i told my beta's about it but i was like 'no, i cant write this' but they were all like, 'YES you have to write it' so i did and it was really fun :lol:
believe me by the end of this chap you'll get a pretty good idea about what i'm talking about
anyway, enjoy

title: You're Joking, Right?
Genre: S/v little angst, lotta funny
Summary: A harmless bet leads to much more trouble than Michael Vaughn barganed for.

26 Chaps

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 1 (below) Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 7 Chapter 8 Chapter 9
Chapter 10 & 11 Chapter 12 & 13 Chapter 14 & 15 Chapter 16 & 17 Chapter 18 & 19 Chapter 20
Chapter 21 Chapter 22 Chapter 23 Chapter 24 Chapter 25 Chapter 26 (last chap)

Chapter 1
The smoky, hazy atmosphere stung his eyes and assailed his senses the moment he entered the bar. This wasn’t exactly Michael Vaughn’s ideal way to spend a Friday evening, but it was ‘guys night’ and their turn to pick the location, so he went along without protesting. Trolling around local bars for ‘hot chicks’ wasn’t his idea of fun, unlike his three close friends from college, who seemed to revel in it. Going to a baseball game with the guys, sure, that was fun. Playing a pickup game of ice hockey, definitely fun; this was not. The only reason he had agreed to go was because The Brick Yard was the newest bar slash restaurant in town and had been praised in almost every review he had read, so it was worth seeing what all the fuss was about.

His eyes scanned the crowded room full of people milling around, sipping on drinks. After a few minutes, he spotted his friends clustered around a table towards the back and began to shuffle his way in between tables on his way towards them. Choking slightly when someone exhaled their cigarette smoke into his face, he tripped over a chair leg and bumped into a young, brown haired woman. Quickly he apologized before continuing on his way.

“Michael! Jeez, we thought you weren’t coming,” Ken, the oldest of the bunch commented when he spotted his approaching friend.

“Nah, sorry guys,” Michael sighed, shrugging off his jacket and hanging it over the back of one of the empty chairs at the table before sitting down in it. “I got caught up watching this thing…”

“Thing?” his best friend Eric Weiss chimed in with a furrowed brow.

“Yeah, it was Dateline or something. I turned it on when I was changing my clothes and I got sucked into this story. I had to know what happened,” Michael explained to them.

“What was it about?” Ken asked.

“Oh,” Michael smiled, recalling the story. He sat forward and rested his elbows and forearms against the slightly dirty bar table before telling them what he had seen. “Well, it was about this little boy who was separated from his whole family after the hurricane in New Orleans. Then, it took him forever to find them but when he did, they had lost everything and they had to start over. It was really touching.”

“That’s it?!” Ken asked in disbelief. Michael nodded followed by a series of groans and mocking comments from the guys.

“Dude, you’re so gay!” Eric shook his head disapprovingly.

“Gay?! I’m gay?!” Michael asked him.

“Uhhhhh yes, yes you are,” Eric said as he rocked back in his chair and rubbed his hands across his t-shirt clad expanded belly. “Very, very gay.”

“Just because I have feelings doesn’t make me gay, Eric,” Michael responded. The guys ‘ooo’-ed and looked towards Eric, waiting for his retort.

Eric let his fall down onto its proper four legs before resting his elbow on the table and taking a swig of the beer in front of him. “At least I’m not a girly doctor.”

“Eric,” Michael sighed exasperatedly at the prospect of this explanation for the millionth time. “A pediatrician is not the same as an obstetrician. I am a pediatrician, which is a doctor for babies NOT pregnant women.”

“Whatever,” Eric shrugged.

Michael grumbled and ran his fingers through his sandy-blonde hair. “I’m getting a drink,” he sighed. Then he pushed his chair out and headed towards the bar where he ordered a light beer. While waiting, he caught the eye of an auburn haired woman sipping a martini. They exchanged smiles before Michael paid for his drink and returned to his seat.

“All I’m sayin’ is… you seem gay to me,” Eric said the moment Michael had sat down.

Michael groaned and sipped his beer. Not this still. “That’s great Eric, really great,” he sighed, ignoring his friend.

“I think you should prove it,” Eric said.

“Come on,” Ken groaned and rolled his eyes along with, Braden, the other friend joining them that evening.

“No, no I’m serious. He should prove it,” Eric said more seriously that time as he eyed his friend. “What do you say?”

“You want me to prove I’m not gay?” Michael asked, making sure he had actually heard his friend’s insanity correctly. Eric nodded once, indicating that was his plan exactly. Michael sighed, what could he do? The only thing to do was listen to Eric’s insanity to appease him and then simply ignore it. “Okay, how exactly do you want me to do that? Sleep with half the women at the bar tonight?”

“Not exactly,” Eric said with a slightly wicked smile. Then, he brought his left hand up to his chin and pawed at his jet black goatee while he appeared to be deep in thought, but Michael knew that wasn’t even possible. Eric could hardly think about what to have for dinner that evening, let alone be pondering the world’s deepest mysteries. After a moment, Eric’s eyes lit up and he smiled, “A bet, this should be a bet.”

“A bet?” Michael asked dully. Suddenly Eric’s insane tangent wasn’t as amusing, especially if it involved Michael sacrificing some of his dignity.

“Yes, a bet. The bet is for you to go up to one of these lovely women here,” he said while gesturing out towards the bar beside them. “And convince the woman that you’re gay.”

Braden and Ken burst out laughing while Michael’s brow furrowed and he rubbed his hand across his face. “Let me get this straight…,” he began, as he began to rethink his friendship with Eric. “In order for me to prove I’m not gay, I have to go up to a girl and prove to her that I am gay.”

Eric was silent for a moment before nodding, “Right; exactly.”

“You’re out of your freakin’ mind,” Michael sighed before sipping his drink once more.

“Well hold on here, this could be entertaining,” Braden said.

“For who?!” Michael asked in confusion.

“Us,” Braden laughed with a smile. Michael rolled his eyes. “I think you should do it,” Braden continued.

“Yeah do it,” Ken chimed in. “Do it! Do it! Do it!” the boys taunted louder and louder.

“Would you three shut up?! I’m not doing anything!” Michael snapped, trying to quiet them, but they only got louder. Finally he pushed his chair out from the table, intent on leaving, but the table’s occupants, seeing it as a sign of his submission, cheered and quieted down. “I’m not doing this,” Michael insisted.

“Um, yeah, I think you are,” Eric grinned.

“And why’s that?” Michael asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

“Because if you don’t we’re going to start calling you Gayboy.”

“GAYBOY?!” Michael gasped. “What are you, in the SECOND grade?!”

“Okay, okay, we won’t call you Gayboy, but I will make you pay my bar tab as a condition of the bet,” Eric said with a proud smile.

Michael groaned. Though he could afford it, he wasn’t exactly overjoyed at the concept of shelling out a few thousand dollars to encourage Eric’s mild alcoholism. Besides, he knew he would never hear the end of it either way. “Fine… do you have an unlucky victim in mind?” he asked sounding incredibly defeated.

Eric stood from his seat and grinned while his eyes scanned across the bar. “Let me see…”

poooooor mike !!! hum let me guess.. who's that women he is gonna have to prove he's gay... :angelic:
great start !!!

edit : 1st !!! wow !!!

I'm guessing Vaughn is a doctor again in this fic.
Dr. Vaughn is always a dream. Plus, he's a pediatrician again.

Can't wait to see how this one goes.

I can't believe it :lol:
They think he is gay just beacuse of his job? What kind of bet is it? To prove that he isn't gay he has to prove to a girl that he is gay?
That"s a very Weiss thing this bet :lol: , I mean who would have the idea to make a bet for that and like that?

I can't wait to see how he is going to do that, that's going to be so funny. You were right when you said we would be laughing by the end of the chapter, beacuse I was :lol:

omg lol that is sooooooo mean
i love it
whooooooooooooo for eric
cmon VAUGHN GAY i dont think so ir that wrecks all my dreams

I can tell this is going to be hysterical. Poor Vaughn will end up loving Sydney, but she will think he's gay! :P I can't wait to see what happens next. Thanks for the PM!

As always, a great start to one of your stories!!!

Vaughn being gay, it is a hard thing to imagine!!

But I would still fall in love with him!!! So of course Syd will too!!

Syd and Vaughn forever!!!

Back