You're Joking, Right?

ohhhh !!!! i wonder how big the lie will be when syd finds out the truth and how vaughn will have to grovel after syd to make her forgive him ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

man...i hope vaughn has a chance to tell her...i mean he should then she can forgive him and then they can play eric and mike's other friends! i wish!! post more soon!! =)!

heeheehee....I'm lovin' the reations. What about you?! Poor innocent readers..... It's great!

Miss you already..... :(

I just bet he'll run into an ex-girlfriend at the party who has no idea he's "gay". That would be hilarious.

AJ
huh that would have been funny - too bad i didn't think of that :lol:

seriously guys, its gonna be a while before syd finds out ;)

Chapter 5
The whole way home from his ‘date’ with Sydney, Michael cursed the fact that he was stupid enough to listen to Eric in the first place. He had a huge problem and that was definitely an understatement. Thankfully there was almost a week before he saw Sydney again, which was adequate time to formulate a plan (or so he hoped).

In the middle of the week, Eric called Michael and asked if they could get together for dinner, which Michael reluctantly agreed to. He still hadn’t figured out the ‘Sydney situation’ and he wasn’t in the mood for any of his friends teasing.

“So I never got to ask how that ice skating show thing went..” Eric said after only one bite of his slice of pizza.

“Uh,” Michael began cautiously. “It was okay… I mean I wasn’t suicidally bored or anything.”

“That’s ‘cause you’re like a chick,” Eric mumbled through his pizza. “But I meant, what’d that girl say when you told her about how you weren’t gay? Did she hit ya?”

“No,” Michael said quietly while desperately avoiding eye contact with his friend and staring intently down at the paper plate in front of him.

“You told her, right?” Eric asked. Silence. After a few moments he laughed, “Mike! You’re an idiot!”

“I know!” Michael moaned and covered his face with his hand. “I didn’t know what to do!”

“What happened?” Eric asked.

“Well… okay, so you know how the likelihood of her not smacking me or never speaking to me again after I tell her that the gay bet thing would be-”

“Slim to none,” Eric continued for him.

“Right,” Michael sighed. “Well, she started saying how her last boyfriend cheated on her and how she was sick of men and wanted to be single for a while…”

“Oh,” Eric cringed painfully.

“Exactly! I didn’t know what to do,” Michael moaned and hit his head on the desk.

“Well, she’s not going to appreciate you lying to her, that’s for sure,” Eric told him as he grabbed another slice of pizza. Michael gave a mixed moan and whimper. “Mike, do you like this girl or something?”

“Yes, I really like her,” Michael told him.

“So just tell her the truth. Oh! And ask if you can just be friends for a while,” Eric suggested hopefully.

“Actually… that’s a good idea,” Michael pointed out.

“Yeah, I was kidding you gay moron,” Eric laughed. Michael shot him a glare. “Men and women can’t be friends. You’re screwed.”

“Thanks for your help Eric, thanks a lot,” Michael muttered.

~*~

“Siiiiis!!”

“Back here Nad,” Sydney said casually from her sofa after hearing her sister’s extremely loud greeting when Nadia walked into her apartment. Actually, it was ‘their’ apartment, since technically Nadia stayed there when she was in town, but that was a rare occurrence. Mostly, Nadia only used it for storing some of her clothes and assorted belongings.

“Hey!” Nadia squealed and hugged her sister from behind. “Are things all set up for my party?”

“Yeah,” Sydney laughed. “You know Nad, you’re the only person who’d ask about their own party, right?”

“Eh,” Nadia shrugged and flopped down on the couch with her sister. “So how’s life?”

“Okay I guess,” Sydney shrugged. “I met this guy who-”

“A GUY?!” Nadia asked excitedly. “Who is he? Would I like him?”

“He’s gay,” Sydney laughed and emphasized the word ‘gay’ strongly. Nadia’s face fell while she grimaced and Sydney laughed harder. “There are actually men in this world who don’t want to sleep with you. You know that, right?”

“Yeah,” she muttered. “So, how’d you meet the homo?”

“Nadia! That’s awful!” Sydney squealed. Nadia shrugged indifferently. “Anyway, I met him at a bar-”

“YOU WERE AT A GAY BAR?!” Nadia gasped in horror.

“No you idiot, it was a regular bar. Anyway he came up to me and complimented my shoes,” she said with a slight giggle while her sister rolled her eyes. “And I didn’t know he was gay-”

“How did you NOT know he was gay?!” she interrupted in disbelief. “He complimented your shoes. That’s a dead giveaway.”

Sydney groaned slightly at her sister’s constant interruptions. “Well, aside from that, he really didn’t seem gay. But apparently he is… so I invited him to Stars on Ice since Francie bailed on me and I dunno… it was really fun.”

“And…,” Nadia led.

Sydney shrugged. “And nothing. That’s it.”

“So, what are you doing with him?” Nadia asked.

“I’m not doing anything. He’s just a nice person… and I dunno, I figured we could be friends, or something,” Sydney told her.

“Oh Sydney,” Nadia sighed sadly and shook her head. “Sweetie,” she said in a patronizing tone while patting her sister’s head. “You know gay friends aren’t the same as in the movies, right?”

Sydney took a deep breath to relieve herself of the boiling anger from her sisters patronizing older sister-like tone. “Yes,” she said through gritted teeth.

“Syd, you’re so cute,” Nadia laughed.

Sydney shrugged off her sister’s hand and stood from the sofa. “So I want a gay friend, so what?! Besides, I don’t just want him as a friend because he’s gay. He’s really, really nice and easy to talk to.”

“Uh huh,” Nadia said suspiciously.

“HE IS!” Sydney insisted.

“Oh, I believe you. I’m just concerned.”

“Concerned for what?” Sydney asked.

“Well, is what’s-his-gay-face cute?” Nadia asked.

“His name is Michael and yeah…he’s good looking,” Sydney said causally.

“Uh huh,” Nadia raised an eyebrow. “Sydney, I know you. You’re going to get a crush on him, delude yourself into thinking you can turn him straight, and then get your heart crushed when he rides off into the sunset with a gay cowboy.”

“That is most certainly not going to happen,” Sydney instead adamantly.

“Whatever you say,” Nadia said in a sing-song, still patronizing voice. “Anyway, I’m gonna shower, then crash. Later sis,” she said before disappearing into the bathroom.

Sydney grumbled and grunted as she pulled out blankets and pillows for her sister to use on the pull out sofa. She loved her sister, she did, but some days, she just wanted to smack her. Every time Nadia disappeared and then returned (usually a few months later), Sydney was always excited at the prospect of being able to have her sister around once more. Until Nadia actually came and began to interrupt her constantly and use her ‘older sister’ tone far too often. Then Sydney just wanted her to leave.

“Only five more days, right?” Sydney sighed to herself, knowing that was how long she had to put up with her elder sibling’s insanity.

awww !!! it´s getting good !! i wonder how many fireworks will explode when syd finds out the truth about vaughn , also i like eric and nadia´s advices they were good ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

Yeah Michael is gonna have a problem when he does finally tell Syd, she is not gonna be happy about being lied to. Nadia is pretty hilarious, hopefully Syd doesn't kill her.
Great update

I love that Nadia is older! it crack me up! :P they are so gonna fall in love with each other but have this stupid lie in the way, oh-freaking-no! :P

Gabby

Back