You're Joking, Right?

Great updates.. so she finds out soon. Hopefully it's not while still at the reunion, coz that'd be a tad bit embarrassing. Can't wait for more

Great job, that Johnny guy was a jerk. I agree that she shouldn't find out during the reunion, at least not in front of other people. Hopefully she doesn't kill him and does forgive him after a bit.
Great update

Johnny surely had a negative impact on Sydney, I wonder what he did to her back then.

SO can't wait for tomorrow. I hope Syd doesn't kill Vaughn.

I'm glad Vaughn was there when she ran into Johnny...he calmed her down!!!
-EEEKK I can't wait for tomorrow to see how she reacts!!!!! :woot:
Great update!! Loved it!!

awhh missed so many updates............awhhh he need to tell her :smiley: :smiley:
im dying :smiley: i can not watie to she how she recats to the news

I'm getting to reply, finally.

Vaughn is definitely the "arm candy" she needs for the reunion.
Johnny must have been so full of himself in high school. But, you can
tell that he doesn't really remember Sydney, only her name sounds familiar to him.
Loved "protective Vaughn" coming out at that time.

I'm going to guess that someone will talk in their sleep.

aww i really really need to get myself a Michael Vaughn.... *runs off to search ebay*

i can't wait for tomorrows chap when she finds out :jump:

awwww !!! they were such a cute cople at the reunion . i just wonder when syd´s going to find out the truth , oh god , and then i get a creepy feeling ,

i can´t wait for more :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: ,

Nanda

I officially declare Micheal an idiot -- Mike, you're an idiot. Good job.

lol....I make myself laugh...anyway...incredible job! And...I can't wait for tomorrow's chapter, obviously, because it's the 'big' one. I can't wait to see how she takes it.

Michael lay there for a few minutes, watching her in the dim light before he decided to forget the fact that he was supposed to be pretending he was gay. He didn’t care anymore; he just wanted to hold her, so he carefully tucked one arm around her and snuggled a bit closer to her before falling asleep himself.
😌 awww god theyre so cute!!! i can't believe shes gonna find out soon! yay!! (even if she does get angry at him coz they'll inevitably end up together anyway) hehe

Aly..x

“Did you date… women?” she asked.

“Yes,” he said firmly. “I had a few girlfriends here and there… you know… just people, no one special.”

Sydney are you really listening? He answered your questions by saying he had girlfriends. That means he likes women. Act on it!

Johnny is overbearing and a bore. He doesn't even remember Sydney, but he did notice the beautiful woman wearing the strapless dress and tried to hit on her. Luckily, she's with a man who just drips 'class'. Johnny can't stand up to Michael, class wins every time.

Chris

Chapter 20
The next morning when Michael awoke, Sydney was half on top of him like the previous time they had shared a bed together, only this time, her head was on his chest instead of on the pillow beside his head. He wrapped his arms around her back and held her close, not knowing if he’d ever get to hold her that way again.

It was only a few minutes before Sydney began to stir. She rubbed her face in his chest and stretched out her legs before looking up at him slowly. “Mornin’,” he smiled.

She groaned loudly and rolled away from him. “Yeah… sorry about the whole-”

“It’s fine,” he cut her off with a smile.

“I really don’t know why I do that,” she said in a rather self-conscious tone. “Wanna hear the weird part?” she asked. He nodded encouragingly. “Like… if I share a bed with a guy and we don’t, you know, have sex,” she said very quietly. “I end up on top of him… but if we do… I end up laying far away on the very edge of the bed.”

“That is weird,” Michael laughed.

“I know, I don’t get it,” she shrugged. “Oh well… I suppose we should get ready. You wanna shower first?”

Michael nodded and slid out of the bed. “I’ll only be a few minutes,” he told her before he slipped into the bathroom after grabbing his suitcase from the floor.

Once she heard the shower water hiss on, Sydney rolled over, sunk her face into the nearby pillow and let out a tiny muffled scream into it. Why did waking up so entangled in Michael’s arms and body have to feel so damn good? She loathed herself. Couldn’t she just sleep like a normal person? No, of course not, her subconscious had to torment her even further by allowing her to snuggle up to him and feel safe, warm and loved by him all things that were untrue. Well, maybe not untrue, but not true in the way she wanted them to be. For her own mental sanity, she couldn’t let them share a bed again; it just made it too hard.

~*~

After checking out of their hotel, Sydney and Michael threw their baggage in the trunk of her car before climbing inside. Sydney then drove them to her former high school, where the rest of the reunion activities were taking place. “I don’t even know why they’re doing this… I mean, this isn’t even the school we went to school in. That one was torn down five years ago,” she explained further.

“Ah,” Michael nodded. “I guess they just want you to see the new one or something… to make it feel like this was the school you knew and loved… and by ‘knew and loved’ I, of course, mean hated with a passion,” he laughed.

“Right,” she laughed as well. They held hands during the whole tour while Sydney occasionally hid behind Michael to avoid a wandering look from Johnny, who was walking a few people in front of them with his arm around a blonde, who Sydney was convinced was a stripper of some sort.

After the tour, they group headed out to the tennis courts behind the school where tents and food had been set up for them. Sydney and Michael grabbed burgers and took a seat at a table with a few of Sydney’s school acquaintances. Michael listened and laughed while they reminisced about the crafts club they had formed, where Sydney would bring in her knitting to show it off and another girl would bring in all the pillows she had needlepointed.

“Syd, they have a bunch of old pictures up there,” Mary, one of her former classmates, said as she gestured towards the table beside where the food was located. “You should go check it out; it’s hilarious if not somewhat embarrassing.”

“Okay,” Sydney said as she got up from the table and looked to Michael for him to follow.

“I’m just gonna throw away these plates; I’ll be right there,” he assured her before picking up their trash. Sydney nodded and crammed her hands down in her pockets while making her way over to the table full of high school memories. When she arrived, she saw that a few of the ‘popular’ people from her class were also observing the photos and yearbooks gathered there. She squeezed by them and made her way to the other side of the table, where she could see pictures from their prom and their pep rallies. Then, much to her horror, she saw a picture of herself along with the group of friends she had attended prom with; a picture that the other people were unfortunately laughing at.

To her even greater distress, one of the women looked up and saw her turning paler. Upon closer inspection she asked, “Hey, isn’t this you in this picture?”

“Um, I dunno,” Sydney said quietly, pretending to concentrate on another picture on the table.

“Yeah, it is. Jeez, look at those glasses… it’s good you got rid of those,” one of the men laughed.

“Yeah,” Sydney tried to force a laugh, but it didn’t work and she knew her face was growing redder by the second.

“Look at those dresses,” the girl continued with a disapproving tongue click. “Thank god I didn’t dress like that or I’d want to crawl into a hole and die!”

Sydney was frozen; she couldn’t move even though she desperately wanted to since she could feel the tears burning in her eyes. Luckily, at that moment, Michael, who had heard the whole thing, approached. He locked his arms around her waist from the side and brought his head down to kiss her lips softly. “There you are babe,” he said, while looking up at the group of people across the table with a glare. “Come on, we should go. I have early patients tomorrow, remember?”

“Oh… yeah…,” she said distantly. With gentle force, Michael pulled Sydney away from the table and guided her towards the parking lot and away from her obviously cruel classmates. By the time they arrived at her car, Sydney was nearly crying. She rested her hands on the hood for support while a few tears dripped from her eyes and splashed down onto the metallic sliver paint.

“Syd, babe, don’t cry,” Michael told her softly. He wrapped his arms around her tighter and kissed her shoulder softly. “Don’t let them get to you.”

“I…can’t,” she choked. “Did… did you he-hear wha…what they s-said?”

“Yeah, I did, and they’re assholes. You’re so, so much better than them. You are. Hey, come on, look at me,” he said while trying to turn her around. Finally she did, but she was looking down towards her feet. He tilted her head up with his finger under her chin and made her look at him.

“They’re just jealous, Syd. They’re jealous because you’re beautiful and smart and sexy and amazing and they’re… stuck back in the high school phase of life, putting others down to make them feel better,” he told her.

She gave him a tiny, half smile before wrapping her arms around his waist and hugging him tightly. “Thanks,” she croaked.

“Of course,” he whispered. “You want me to drive?”

“No, I’ll be okay… just gimmie a minute,” she sniffed and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

~*~

Their drive home was rather silent, which wasn’t really a surprise to Michael. He felt awful that Sydney’s former classmates had to be such assholes and even worse that they had picked Sydney as an outlet for their abuse for she clearly didn’t deserve it.

Once back at Sydney’s apartment, it was nearly dinner time. After throwing his bag in the back of his car (which was parked next to Sydney’s), Michael walked her up to her apartment, just to make sure she was alright, since she was still looking rather sad. She let herself in with a soft sigh and tossed her bag over towards the couch, where it slid a few inches across the carpet with a soft swishing noise. “Syd…,” Michael sighed.

“I’m fine, really,” she said in an unconvincing tone. He gave her a ‘don’t lie to me’ look. “I’ll be fine,” she corrected.

“Alright…you want a hug before I go?” he asked softly. She nodded and fell willingly into his arms, where she rested her chin on his shoulder for a few minutes before pulling back and brushing her lips softly against his cheek. Her face lingered there for a moment, up against his as she felt comforted by the warmth of his face against hers. Then, as she went to pull away, Michael turned his head slightly towards hers and their lips met.

They were frozen there for a moment; neither of them pulled back, they simply let temptation take over. It started out slow as Sydney tilted her head slightly to the right, Michael doing the same. She moved her hands from his shoulders up to the back of his neck while his crept up her back so that they rested near her shoulder blades. Then, as Sydney parted her lips, their kiss quickly became more heated, both of them allowing their suppressed emotions to come to the surface, until Sydney finally pulled back, gasping for breath.

They locked eyes for a moment, both of them confused and slightly embarrassed, until Sydney finally asked in a breathy voice, “What was that?”

“I, um,” Michael croaked out. He brought his hand up and rubbed his furrowed brow. “Okay, see, here’s the thing… the thing… the thing is,” he stammered. “I’m not gay.”

“What?” she asked, trying to make sure she had heard him correctly since her brain was still having trouble processing words; all it was formulating were the most efficient ways to rid Michael of his clothing.

“I’m not gay,” he repeated in a firmer, stronger voice.

“Michael…,” She sighed in an exasperated tone.

“No Sydney, listen. I’m not gay. I’m not bi. I’m not gay; I was never gay,” he told her.

Her eyes narrowed and she took a step back, horror crossing her face. “What?” she gasped.

“Sydney, I’m so sorry. It’s the truth… but the thing is, I love you,” he told her. Then he took a step forward, but she took three steps away from him as she held up her hand to keep him away and began shaking her head.

“You…you lied to me,” she spat.

“I know I did, but-”

She refused to let him speak. “You… you lied. You, you betrayed my trust… you made me-”

“I know,” Michael nodded, feeling emotional himself as the tears of anger, hurt and frustration poured down her cheeks. “I know I did, but please, Sydney, please let me explain. I-”

“Get out,” she told him in a bitter, hateful voice. “Get out. I don’t want to see you again.”

“No Sydney,” he begged and took a step towards her, his hands clasped in front of him. “Please, just let me-”

He was cut off by Sydney slapping him across the cheek then putting her palms on his chest and shoving him away from her and towards the door. “Get out! Get out and don’t talk to me you LIAR! GET OUT!” she shouted. His cheek still burning, Michael turned slowly and left her apartment; he had never hated himself more than he did in that very moment.

ehehehehe :angelnot:

Great update. Might be bad right now, but at least she knows the truth and can let herself fall even more in love with him. I have faith that you'll fix this and they will eventually be together Janet.

Can't wait for more

Back