You're Joking, Right?

“You’re pathetic.

This is coming from the guy who made up the pathetic bet. Whose joys in life are drinking beer and stuffing his face. At least Michael has a life.

Thankfull,y Nadia is trying to talk sense into her sister's thick skull.

OMG so he lied yes!
We GET IT!
At least he isn't married!!!!
Good lord, just go tell the guy you love him and listen to his explination

:woot: :woot: Loved the way Nadia handled Syd's little pity party!! :D :D Eric should be a little supportive of Mike...since he was the one who caused all this.

Hope Syd listens to Mike's explanation..... :angelic: :angelic:

Great update Janet..loved it!! :woot:

*smacks Michael* (again) At least you didn't tell her in front of people.

Anyway...can't wait to see how you write Syd's and Mike's conversation, since I assume (hope) that she's going to call him...

Fantastic job!

Eric instead of saying he is pathetic should do something about the situation, because it's all his fault! Without the bet they wouldn't be in the situation, so he'd better do something to make things better.

I wonder how long it will take to Sydney to realize she loved him and to forgive him

Chapter 22
After nearly two weeks, Sydney finally decided that she had driven herself and Michael crazy enough and it was time to swallow her pride and pain and receive whatever semblance of an explanation Michael was going to give her. He had left her a total of eight phone messages since they had last spoken starting with two days after their fight. All the messages sounded pretty much the same; all of them broke her heart.

On Friday evening at seven o’clock, dressed in her typical wear over those past two weeks: sweats and a t-shirt, Sydney went to Michael’s and cautiously knocked on his door. When he opened the door, he was visibly stunned and entirely speechless. “Hi,” she said quietly, tucking her hair behind her ear. She tentatively took a step forward, wanting to go inside. It took Michael a moment, but he moved aside and opened his door enough for her to enter, then he shut it, turned around and stared at her, still not sure what to say.

“I, um,” she began nervously. “I…Did… did you mean what you said when you said that you… you loved me?” she asked quietly.

Michael nodded and then croaked, “Yes… I love you Syd, so much. I fell in…” but his voice drifted off as she held her hand up to silence him. They stood there in silence for a few minutes before Sydney took a cautious step towards him, paused for a moment and then took another. Three steps later, she was standing directly in front of him. She lowered her eyes to his stomach before tentatively placing her finger tips on his chest, pulling back quickly then slowly placing the back on and resting them there.

Cautiously, she looked up, then back down to her hands and then finally raising her eyes once more and locking them with his. “I love you too,” she whispered, her voice on the edge of cracking. A smile spread across Michael’s face as he brought his hand up to her face and gently stroked her cheek.

Unable to stand it any longer, Sydney slid her arms up Michael’s chest, over his shoulders and around to the back of his neck while bringing her lips to his. His hand slid back towards her neck and his fingers raked through her hair, sending chills down her spine while she sunk deep into the kiss. When they broke, they rested their foreheads together, their noses touching lightly, as they stared into each other’s eyes.

“You know I’m still pissed at you, right?” Sydney asked him softly.

Michael shut his eyes and nodded softly, his forehead still against hers. “I know,” he said softly. Then he opened his eyes to look at her again. “I’m so sorry Syd. I’ll make it better, I swear I will.”

“You’d better,” she said in an almost playful voice before kissing him softly. She then took a step back, folded her arms over her chest and gave him a hardened look. “Explain,” she demanded.

He gestured for her to go and sit down on the couch. She did so and he sat beside her before taking a deep breath and saying, “It started as a bet.”

“A WHAT?!” she gasped loudly.

“A bet. Eric,” he growled. “He always beats on me because I’m ‘sensitive’ and ‘girly,’” he said with air quotes, “and thus, in his mind, gay. So, that night at the bar, he said that I had to prove I wasn’t gay by pretending I was.”

“But that doesn’t make any sense,” Sydney said as her brow furrowed.

“I know that,” Michael groaned. “And believe me, I rue the day I ever listened to him... anyway, he was teasing me and he got all the guys in on it and I just gave in,” he sighed. “It wasn’t supposed to be like this… I mean, I was just supposed to go up to some girl that he picked out and I dunno pretend I was gay.

“Anyway,” he sighed. “Eric picked you and so I went up and I couldn’t think of what to say-”

“Which is why you complimented my shoes,” Sydney continued with a knowing nod.

“Right,” he nodded.

Sydney gave a rather helpless sigh. “I should have known… those shoes were very ugly,” she explained at the look of confusion on his face.

“Oh,” he laughed softly. “Well anyway… I was just supposed to walk away… but I didn’t want to because I liked you, but you thought I was gay… so then I figured I’d just tell you the truth when we went to the Stars on Ice thing and we’d laugh it off or something.”

“Then why didn’t you?” she asked him harshly.

“Well, you know, you didn’t make it very easy,” he said in an almost snapping way. She gave him a confused look. “Oh come on, Syd. ‘Men suck!’ ‘I hate men!’” he mocked her tone. “That’s been your mantra for like six months now. It didn’t exactly make it easy for me to be like ‘hey, by the way I’m not gay, any chance you’d want to date me even though I’m a lying bastard just like all the other men you meet.’”

Sydney sighed in a somewhat defeated way. He did have a point. She hadn’t hidden her hostility towards the male species, not in the least. “That’s not an excuse for lying all this time though, Michael.”

“I know,” he sighed and looked down at his hands. “I’m sorry Syd, I really am and I know I was being selfish. I was so scared that if I told you the truth, you’d… well, hit me, and then never speak to me again and I couldn’t lose you. You… you’re like my best friend and love you so much… I just didn’t want to give that up,” he sighed.

Sydney reached over and took one of his hands in hers. He looked up to her cautiously. “I don’t want to give you up either,” she told him seriously. “But you did lie to me Michael and…I mean,” she sighed and used her other hand to rub her face. “I just keep wondering what else you lied about…”

“I didn’t. I didn’t lie about anything else,” he assured her as he brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it softly. “I swear I didn’t… but I know I have to win back your trust and I will.”

Sydney smiled at him. “I know you will. I trust that you will win back my trust.”

“Okay then,” he laughed softly. She smiled, threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly. He squeezed his eyes shut and hugged her back, hoping to never have to let go.

“Oh!” Sydney gasped and pulled back from him. She shot her hands to her face as her cheeks turned slightly pink. “I just thought of something… I set you up on a date with a man!”

“Um, yes, yes you did,” he laughed softly.

“Oh no! I’m so sorry… I mean, it was your fault, but I’m still sorry. That must have been awful,” she cringed.

“Well, it wasn’t one of my finer moments, let me tell you,” he sighed.

“What did you do?” she cringed.

“Well… I couldn’t just ditch the poor guy – it wasn’t his fault I was a moron… so I went over and… well, I think at some point he said the words ‘one night stand’ and I nearly fainted,” he said weakly.

“Oh, you poor thing,” she laughed. “I’m sure it was just like when Nadia asked you about sex,” she said while trying to fight bursting out into giggles though she was unsuccessful.

Michael’s expression turned grave. “That was not funny.”

Sydney started laughing so hard that she could no longer sit up straight and she collapsed back against the sofa, practically in tears. “Oh, I would have paid to see your face.”

“I’m sure it was amusing,” he said dully.

Sydney leaned over and kissed his cheek softly. “I’m sorry you were traumatized.”

“Thanks,” he sighed, putting his arm around her.

She snuggled up to his body and rested her head on his shoulder. “Can I stay over tonight?”

“Of course,” he said before kissing her head softly. “You can always stay.”

“Yay,” she said in a happy tone. He laughed softly and kissed her head again.

YA I'm glad she finally let him explain..and told him she loved him!!!!! :woot:
-Although she is still a little mad...at least she is giving him a chance!!!
Great update!! LOVED IT!!

Back