You're Joking, Right?

Sydney forgave him :jump: , that's a good, especially when we know they were both miserable away from each other ^_^
I was afraid Sydney wouldn't understand him and think his explanation was a lame one :blush:

Now, let's make Weiss pay for causing them so much misery :P

Chapter 23
The next morning when he awoke, Michael was surprised to find that Sydney was not on top of him. He rolled his head to the left and saw that, strangely, she wasn’t in bed beside him either, but when he looked to the right, he saw a soft glow filtering from underneath the bathroom door and realized where she had gone. He rolled over on his side facing the middle of the bed and tucked his hands underneath his head, trying to get comfortable enough to sleep for just a little bit longer.

A minute later, Sydney quietly emerged from the bathroom and crept back into bed but laughed softly when she saw Michael’s eyes open. “Morning,” she said softly.

He slipped an arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. “Good morning to you. I was very concerned when I didn’t wake up to find you crushing me.”

She smacked him playfully. “I don’t crush.”

“Uh huh,” he said unconvincingly. She rolled her eyes. “I’m kidding; you’re very light.”

“Mmm,” she leaned over and kissed him softly. Then, she tucked her head against his shoulder and they wrapped their arms around each other. “You know what I love about this?”

“Everything?” he sighed contently.

“Well, yes,” she giggled. “But no. I don’t have to formulate plans to un-gay you.”

“Un-gay?!” he laughed loudly.

“Yes, un-gay. I was getting pretty desperate too. It was sad really,” she sighed.

“Uh huh, so what, pray tell, were these plans exactly?” he asked with amusement.

“Well… one was to pretty much shamelessly seduce you… by being completely naked,” she said with a laugh.

“SYD!” he half-laughed, half-gasped.

“I told you I was desperate!” she insisted. “What would you have done?”

“Jumped you,” he said very seriously. She giggled. “Seriously, I probably would have passed out or something.”

“Why? Are you afraid of naked bodies?” she asked.

“No, from the shock,” he explained. She nodded into his chest. “But that does bring up an interesting point… about…when we’ll be…”

“Viewing each other’s naked bodies?” Sydney finished for him.

“Yes,” he laughed softly.

“Well,” Sydney sighed. “I think that because the past few days… well weeks really, between us have been rather insane, it would be best if we waited just a little while.”

“Sounds good to me,” he smiled and stroked her face. “What do you say we go on our first official date today?”

“I would love that,” she smiled. “Where should we go?”

“Well… I dunno. There might be a crafts show around somewhere,” he smiled at her.

“You’d take me to one of my stupid boring craft shows?” she asked with a hopeful smile.

“Ok first, they’re not stupid and boring… well, they’re a little boring, but they’re far better than the fast food chain shows or whatever the hell they were that my parents dragged me to throughout my youth,” he grumbled.

“Oh yes, how is Mickey D’s doing?” she smiled at him. He shrugged. “Oh,” she laughed. “At least you’re informed.”

“Hey, I chose not to take over the family business for a reason. I had enough freaky carny people to last a lifetime thank you very much,” he told her seriously.

She giggled. “I can just see you and the carnies… comparing tips about your new French fryer…”

“Shut up, it wasn’t funny! Those people scare me with their little creepy pet monkeys,” he shivered.

Sydney burst out laughing hysterically and rolled back on the bed, clutching her stomach. “Mental… image…” she managed to croak while still laughing with tears forming in her eyes as she gasped for breath.

Meanwhile, Michael watched her expressionless. “Done now?” he asked once her laughter died down.

“Yes,” she sighed. “Too funny.”

“Yeah, I bet,” he rolled his eyes.

She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “I’m gonna go home and shower and change… you wanna pick me up and 11:30 and we can grab lunch before we go?”

He nodded, “Sounds good.” She smiled and slid out of bed, but before she could leave his bedroom he called out to her, “Hey, I love you.”

A huge grin spread across her face. “I love you, too. See you later.”

~*~

When Michael picked up Sydney, who was giggling uncontrollably, though he didn’t know why, she decided that they should eat at her favorite sandwich shop. Throughout lunch, in addition to her giggling, Sydney told him about her horrible week at work, where in addition to being upset over their situation, her boss had decided to fire half of their office leaving her swamped with extra work.

After they ate, they made their way over to a local hotel, where one of the conference rooms was playing host to the craft show. Walking around, Sydney held Michael’s hand tightly and continued her occasional giggling. Finally, Michael could withhold his curiosity no longer and he had to ask. “Seriously, Syd, what’s with the giggling?”

“What? Oh…,” she blushed softly. “I just… I’m really, really happy I guess.”

“Well, I’m really, really happy too,” he smiled at her. Again, she giggled and he laughed. “You’re so cute.”

“Me? Naaaah,” she waved her hand.

“Yes, you are,” he assured her before kissing her forehead.

She sighed happily and rested her head on his shoulder. “I love that… I love this, I love the world!” she exclaimed.

He laughed. “Well, okay then.”

“Sorry, I’m being nutso,” she said sadly while looking down to the floor.

He reached over and tilted her head back up. “Being nutso is okay when you’re in love.”

“Yay!” she grinned. “I think I’m going to like being nutso.”

“You say that like it’s a new thing… you’ve always been nutso,” he explained further when she looked at him curiously. She elbowed his ribs and he grunted in pain.

“That’s for calling me nutso,” she warned.

“Okay, okay… how about flakey? Wacky? Zany? Screwy?” he listed with a grin.

“Oh my god, stop,” she laughed.

“Ok I’m done, I promise,” he assured her.

“Good,” she sighed.

He was silent for a moment before offering, “What about odd-ball-ish?... Ah! Okay, really done now,” he said when she elbowed him harder.

only 3 more :(

“Well… I dunno. There might be a crafts show around somewhere,” he smiled at her.

Awww... Michael's really :love: he wants to go to a crafts show with her...only for her :love: Jeez the man must be in love :lol:

When Michael picked up Sydney, who was giggling uncontrollably, though he didn’t know why, she decided that they should eat at her favorite sandwich shop.

I thought about Joey from FRIENDS... I guess he'd love that too... taking him out to his favorite sandwich shop (with pastrami :P )

She sighed happily and rested her head on his shoulder. “I love that… I love this, I love the world!” she exclaimed.

He laughed. “Well, okay then.”

She's so giddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Makes me laugh and smile like goof... I'm supposed to work :angelic:

Aww that was soo cute!!!!
-Gotta love the fluff!!!! :D
I was suprised that Syd wasn't on top of Vaughn when she can finally have him...weird!!!!! :lol:
-Only 3 more...how sad!!! (n)

Back