You're Joking, Right?

Aww they finally had sex!!! :love: :lol:
-I think both Eric and Nadia deserved that!!!! But I do hope they end up together!!!
LOVED IT!!! Really don't want it to end!!

That was a mean thing to do; but they deserved it and it was so funny :lol: . They could have found something worse, so they should be happy ^_^
Vaughn is really slow to catch the things Sydney is saying or implying :lol: .

excellent update. i love how sydney and vaughn got eric and nadia to see each other again...maybe they'll get back today soberly. :lol: Only one more. :( I'm going to miss this fic.

-erin :smiley:

Woooo! The horizontal limbo!

That made me happy....and I like it when stuff I read makes me happy.

Fanastic update...but only one more left? Awww....*tear* I'm sure I'll love it.

I'm glad Sydney called Eric and the rest of the guys 'meatheads'. Chances are, they're the same guys who egged Michael on to pretend he was gay. And Eric is the biggest meathead there is.

Can't blame Nadia for feeling embarrassed about marrying Eric. Eric is embarrassing. :lol:

The ball’s back in Sydney’s field… Nad’s been mocking Sydney and Michael long enough… now it’s her turn !

Hehe… Loved it!!!!!!!

Chapter 26
For the next two months things progressed well for Sydney and Michael. Only a few days after the fourth of July party, Sydney and her sister had a huge blow up argument about, not only Nadia’s behavior towards her sister, but the mess she left all around their apartment for the millionth time. As a result, Sydney announced that she was moving out and in with Michael.

This caused another argument since Nadia felt, not only abandoned, but left with an apartment she would hardly use and couldn’t afford without her sister’s contribution to the rent. Sydney instead that she didn’t care and that, for perhaps the first time in her life, she was going to do something that she wanted and not something that would appease her sister. So, she moved out and Nadia was forced to move back in with their mother until another arrangement could be made.

Needless to say, Irina wasn’t overly thrilled with this idea, but she was happy about the fact that her younger daughter was (in her words) finally happy and in a wonderful relationship. Sydney had insisted on telling her mother the truth about Michael’s questioned (at least on her part) sexuality. Michael protested, but Sydney insisted the mild humiliation and laughter at his expense was part of his ‘punishment’ for eight months worth of lies. Irina found the situation entirely hilarious and was glad to finally have and explanation as to why her daughter maintained a ‘just friends’ status with a ‘good looking single doctor’ (as she put it). After that comment, Sydney assured her that the ‘gay thing’ was the only thing holding her back, to which everyone laughed.

Sydney and Michael loved living and sharing their lives together. Mostly, they reveled in the little, simple, domestic things, like taking turns brushing their teeth and shopping for groceries. Michael loved Sydney’s clothes hanging next to his in their closet and Sydney loved that her new roommate wasn’t a pig, like her old one had been. They only thing they didn’t love was the fact that Eric had become a semi-permanent fixture on their couch, because he broke his precious TV by ‘accidentally’ throwing a baseball into it (though neither Sydney nor Michael were quite sure how he had accomplished that).

One evening, late in August, Sydney arrived home to find Michael acting very odd. He simply grunted at her and only answered direct questions. This was not at all like his usual chatty, grinning attitude. Finally, Sydney could take no more. While they were doing dishes she asked, “Seriously, what’s up? Did something happen at work today?”

He gave her a sideways wary look and said, “I have to tell you something,” in a grave voice.

Sydney swallowed hard and her heart rate sped up. “Yeah, that doesn’t freak me out at all…,” she commented quietly.

“Well, today at work some… this crazy woman kissed me,” he told her.

“What?!” Sydney gasped.

“Yeah… see, she has this four-year-old girl and she’s single… and she’s been shamelessly hitting on me for like two years now, but I always turn her down. Anyway, today when I was giving her daughter a check up exam she like… slammed me up against the wall and kissed me.”

“What…What did you do?” Sydney asked cautiously.

“I beat her off with my clipboard,” he told her in a serious tone. Sydney laughed loudly. “Okay, well not really,” he back tracked, “but I did push her away and I told her that I have a girlfriend who I love very much… I was just worried you’d freak out or something,” he sighed.

“Oh Michael,” she said, wrapping her arms around his waist and kissing his lips softly. “It’s fine… I mean, it’s not your fault she’s psychotically disturbed.”

“Right,” he laughed. “I guess… I guess I was just worried because, you know, I’m still kinda on thin ice over the whole lying thing.”

Sydney looked up at him and shook her head. “No, you’re not. I forgave you a long time ago-”

“Oh gee, thanks for telling me,” he rolled his eyes slightly.

She laughed softly. “You’re just too wonderful to stay mad at,” she assured him.

“Oh so…it would be alright if I gave you this then…,” he said slowly. Then, he dropped his arms from their position at her waist, took a step to his left and stood on his tip toes as he reached up into one of the kitchen cabinets. From the top shelf, he pulled a black velvet jewelry box, which he had hidden a few weeks earlier in a place he knew that, not only would she never look, but she wasn’t tall enough to even see.

He turned and saw her looking curious, which made him smile. He opened the box and held it out to her in the palm of his hand. Upon seeing its contents, Sydney’s hands shot to her mouth as she gasped and took a step back. “Syd,” he began in a slightly shaky voice. “Syd, I love you so much, I loved you before we were even together like this and living together has only made me love you more. I want us to get married so we can have a family and share our lives together because that would be… just amazing so,” he paused while he got down onto one knee on their kitchen floor, “Will you marry me?”

“Yes,” she sniffed before brushing a tear from her cheek. Michael’s grin was impossibly large when he stood from the floor and pulled Sydney into a passionate kiss. “Oh my god, I love you so much,” she sighed when they broke their kissed and hugged tightly.

“I love you too, Syd,” he sighed. They embraced for a few minutes before Michael pulled the ring from its box and slid it onto Sydney’s left ring finger. “You like it?” he asked hopefully.

“Oh Michael, I love it! It’s perfect,” she told him before kissing him once more. Then, as they were hugging, Sydney burst out into a fit of giggles to the point where she had to sit down on a kitchen chair to compose herself.

“What is wrong with you?!” Michael asked in disbelief.

“I was just thinking…. We’re going to have… such great stories… to tell our kids… about how their dad… was gay,” she said in between laughter.

Michael’s face turned stern. “We cannot tell the kids! Come on, don’t make me suffer anymore.”

She cupped his face and grinned, “But it makes you so cute and loveable.”

“Yeah, yeah,” he grumbled.

She leaned over and kissed his cheek. “We won’t tell the kids as long as we can talk about it at the wedding.”

“Fine,” he sighed in defeat. She grinned. “Our wedding, hmm? I can’t wait.”

She hugged him around the neck and fell into his arms. “Me neither.”

-fin-

***before you all hunt me down with flaming pitchforks there's no epilogue - i know, my beta's already yelled at me for it***

anyway, as for a new fic there is one - Home to Stay which i have to say i belive is my fav fic i've ever written - well, definitely top 3 - i LOVE*LOVE*LOVE this fic and i hope you guys will too
however as you all know from last time around, my beta is still in the process of moving/starting a new job so RL if consuming her time right now so i only have 1 fic ready to post (tho i have 17 ready to be betad - which really isnt the point ANYWAY) so i'll be waiting until i finish melting the ice until i post the new fic - but i promise you the wait is worth it!!! :smiley:

17!!!!!! holy mother of god!!! :eek: hahaha

insannneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:P

anyway, as for a new fic there is one - Home to Stay which i have to say i belive is my fav fic i've ever written - well, definitely top 3 - i LOVE*LOVE*LOVE this fic and i hope you guys will too
That sounds promising :D

Aly..x

Sydney finally stood up to Nadia.
I'm glad Irina found the "gay" bet funny.

He proposed and they are getting married. Yay!

Thanks for another great fic.

Can't wait for all the rest of yours.

Back