Horror Z Nation (SyFy)

AWalkerBit.Me

Survivor HQ
Title: Z Nation

Genre: Mystery, Action & Adventure, Drama

First aired: 2014-09-12

Creator: Craig Engler, Karl Schaefer

Cast: Keith Allan, Kellita Smith, Anastasia Baranova, Nat Zang, Russell Hodgkinson, Katy O'Brian, Grace Phipps, DJ Qualls, Ramona Young, Tara Holt

Overview: Three years after the zombie virus has gutted the country, a team of everyday heroes must transport the only known survivor of the plague from New York to California, where the last functioning viral lab waits for his blood.
Z Nation (SyFy)

To feed the people’s fascination with (or fear of) a zombie apocalypse, Syfy announced Monday it has ordered a new show based on just that.

The 13-episode series, Z Nation, will follow the struggle for humans to survive post-zombie apocalypse. Produced by The Asylum, the company who brought us the gem that is Sharknado, Z Nation “will take viewers where no zombie has gone before,” showrunner Karl Schaefer said in a statement. “[The show adds] a sense of hope to the horror of the apocalypse — our everyday heroes take the fight to the zombies.”

Instead of picking up immediately after the apocalypse, though, the show will focus on what is happening three years after the zombie virus hits America. Only one survivor of the plague lives on, but he has to be transported across the country to a lab where a sample of his zombie-free blood can hopefully create a vaccine. But — plot twist! — the survivor has a secret that could be the end of them all.

Z Nation is set to premiere this fall.

(via EW.com)

So... post zombie apocalypse survivors and there is a secret involved. If the secret is "We're all infected!" then isn't this basically The Walking Dead but set further out in time?

With an average ratings of 1.5 million viewers per episode, Z Nation has been renewed for a 3rd season.

I've tried watching it a few times but just can't get into it. My sister by contrast really enjoys it because it is a lighter tone than other zombie related shows/movies.

Keeping up through season 2, but the special effects (term used liberally) are atrocious.
Have you seen the latest episode? I was flipping through channels and saw this weeks episode was UFO themed which, of course, caught my attention though I'm not a fan of the show. Do you think the UFO/alien theme would be worth me going back and making a point of watching the full episode?

Season 3 starts tonight on SyFy at 8PM EST. It'll be a 2-hour episode (so those in non-US regions be on the lookout that it might broken apart into two episodes instead of one 2-hour episode).

Have you seen the latest episode? I was flipping through channels and saw this weeks episode was UFO themed which, of course, caught my attention though I'm not a fan of the show. Do you think the UFO/alien theme would be worth me going back and making a point of watching the full episode?

Run as fast as you can away from the screen, this is The Asylum doing what they do best, which is pumping out felgercarb viewing.

After 5 seasons the zombies have finally won, SyFy has announced that Z Nation is cancelled.