Zomghi!

Eniko

Cadet
Name: Eni!
Game Name: Who knows, I'll make it up on the day.
Previous games: Uhhh... no Simu games but MMO wise this list would be far, far too long for me to write down.
What you enjoy: Roleplay in MMOs, player housing, cute things, creative things, etc.

I've been following Hero's Journey for what seems like an eternity now, me and a bunch of friends (some from Dragonrealms) are waiting for it to be the "next big thing" as an MMO that actually encourages roleplaying.

But there's been no news and I'm starting to chomp at the bit after waiting all these years, so I decided to sign up here and discuss, since uhh... the Simu forums are kinda dated and hard to use. >_>

So, hi! :D

Aha! Another Realmwalker! Welcome, welcome!

It has been far too quiet, but we're all waiting and hoping. We're glad to have some company while we wait though! Feel free to post in any thread, even an older one. We could use some fresh discussion.

~Dune~

Well I know it's been said before, but the deafening silence is really a shame. I mean, there's four of us waiting for HJ, and we're all pretty hardcore about it. But still, we never actually talk about it, or get excited about it. In fact when someone does bring it up it tends to be in a kind of saddish "HJ would be awesome if it ever came out and we could play it together" kinda way.

I miss the devblogs most, personally. I loved going through those for information and they kept everyone pretty excited.

On the bright side, other games I was waiting for haven't quite delivered either. Tabula Rasa was dumbed down far beyond what I was expecting and wound up with shallow gameplay, and Hellgate London launched while it was only a third finished, and the skills for my favourite class disappoint terribly. So at least there's nothing to steal my hopes away from HJ.

My biggest fear is that HJ will be another auto-attack "1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 2" grindfest like every other MMO since Ultima Online, and fails to deliver on the roleplay end of things. My educated guess says no, but you never know til it launches. After all, even World of Warcraft promised player housing, and how did that work out in the end?

Hello hello! And welcome. No worries about chomping, I do it too to my bit...and to other things...and to other people..

I wonder really how difficult it is to have player housing.. If done cheaply, it would merely be another instance with a "house" interior that couldn't be edited, accessible by anyone with a key to that instance.. Is there a programmer around that knows how complicated doing something like that might have been for WoW?

I don't think the basic setup would be too hard to do, but it would need to be more complicated and useful than that in the long run to actually merit the effort to put the feature in.

I think in World of Warcraft's case they decided it was a lot of work for a feature that nobody would care about since everyone seemed quite happy with their little grindfest. (can you tell I don't much like WoW?)

Personally I think player housing is the best thing to add a feeling of community and immersion to an MMO, and to help roleplay along. I'm a very big fan, so I'll be terribly disappointed if HJ doesn't have it.

Hello!

I remember playing on a pw nwn server that featured player housing. You had to buy your deed and key, gold determined where the house was located and sized. pretty cool I thought since i was able to buy furnishings for the house

Welcome to our little corner of insanity. Pull up a chair and Hero's Journey will be 'with you soon'. Don't mind the musty skeletons in the other chairs, Hero's Journey will be 'with them soon' as well.

Back