Fixed Scoring Errors

Attachments

• 100 men2.png
    100 men2.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 87
I'll have to play around a bit with it at the house.

And the top doesn't really have anything of note.
Actually, the top has an extremely important bit of information. The Slug value. That is what ties everything together within the SWF.

Change the Slug value to "100menv32MICRO" and try playing again.

Okay that worked, but it's totally against the instructions you have on the page. The swf file is called 100-men.

"This is the unique identifier for game. This is normally the name of the game's flash .swf without the extension. For example, if the .swf file is named "buster.swf" then "buster" is the Slug value."

The swf file is called 100-men.
That is because you gave it the wrong Slug name. ;) If you look in the .tar file the .swf is named "100menv32MICRO.swf" so the Slug value is "100menv32MICRO" according to the directions.

Weird. It had to have changed the name on upload as I didn't. Same with Shoot the Gems Hard. I *KNOW* I didn't change the name!

Weird. It had to have changed the name on upload as I didn't. Same with Shoot the Gems Hard. I *KNOW* I didn't change the name!
It will save it as {slug}.swf and because the slug name defaults to the Title value it is easy to mix up. Not something I agree with and might change in the future once everything settles down.

I'd really, REALLY like to just load the .tar file and have the addon extract everything it needs....
I know, I know. :( But for now I am concentrating more on making sure that the basic building blocks are that there in that a game can be configured and the scores saved. Once that is solid then we can branch out into enhancements.

I get the following error with this IPB v32 game "8Ballv32Th"

Code:
The Self Preservation Society
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'score' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in Arcade/Model/Session.php at line 9
Arcade_Model_Session->saveSession() in Arcade/ControllerPublic/ArcadeUgly.php at line 201
Arcade_ControllerPublic_ArcadeUgly->actionIpbSaveScore() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/sites/t/the-sps.org/public_html/index.php at line 13

Here's my options.

View attachment 50

Here's a link to the game.

- IPBDOWNLOADS

Attachments

• Edit Game- 8Ballv32Th - Admin CP - The Self Preservation Society.png
    Edit Game- 8Ballv32Th - Admin CP - The Self Preservation Society.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 84
No score is being submitted to the server. In testing so far that has been the result of either missing additional files or a wrong slug name. Is the Slug name right?

Is there a download link for guests? :cautious:

The SWF is named "8ballv32th.swf" so I used the name "8ballv32th" for the slug.

Don't know if there is for guests, check your PC

Right turns out it was the slug value.

Word of warning to everyone else, don't rely on the Game Name copying to the Slug Field, you should manually enter the slug after you have entered the game name. When the game name gets copied to the "slug" field below it loses capitalisation.

:smiley:

Right turns out it was the slug value.

Word of warning to everyone else, don't rely on the Game Name copying to the Slug Field, you should manually enter the slug after you have entered the game name. When the game name gets copied to the "slug" field below it loses capitalisation.

:smiley:
I knew my prediction was going to come true! :eek: That bit of javascript *will* be gone in the 0.0.2 release. Will save me some PCs in the future. :P

Back