Alias Fun Facts

Did you know that Sydney Bristow is half Canadian/half Russian? Did you know that Jack was born in Canada? Did you know that Francie's restaurant is called DEEP INSIDE?

Thanks to the Internet Movie Data Base... here are some Alias fun facts:

Sydney says to CIA Agent Michael Vaughn, the L.A Kings are in town next Week, and says they are playing the New York Islanders, she suggests that they go. This episode was aired January 20th 2002, the Kings actually played the Islanders one night before this episode aired.

Sydney and Vaughn met on 1 October.

The pilot episode features multiple references to the film Lola rennt (1998) (aka Run Lola Run).

The two-part episode, "The Box" where rogue agents take over SD-6, has a plot similar to Die Hard (1988). The van that the rogue agents pull up in has the name McTiernan written on the side. John McTiernan was the director of Die Hard.

The two children who say "Bad robot!" in the Bad Robot logo are the children of series creator-executive producer 'Jeffrey Abrams' .

Vaughn's mother's maiden name is "Delorme", which is part of the last name of co-producer Tiffany Roquemore-Delorme.

Jack's real name is Jonathan Donahue Bristow.

Sidney's mother and Sloan are obsessively looking for Rambaldi's artifacts. This inventor/prophet lived 500 years in the past and, supposedly, when they would reunite all the pieces, they could build a powerful weapon with them. Rambaldi is the name of the creator of E.T. mechanical activated creature for Steven Spielberg's movie "E.T" and many other Special Effects for SiFi movies. The real Carlo Rambaldi won 1983 Best Effects-Visual Effects Oscar Academy Award, for his work on the E.T. movie creature.

Sark's first name is Julian.

SD in SD-6 stands for Section Disparue - the section that has "disappeared".

Vaughn's dog is named Donovan.

Spoiler: There are many references to the number 47 in the series. The number is said to have great significance to Rambaldi, however there are occasions in which the number is used that have no direct connection to this plotline (for example, in the pilot episode, Marshall stating he wants to improve a lipstick camera to take 47 photos.).

In-joke: After Will and intern Jenny become lovers in an early episode, Francie chides him for dating a cheerleader. He replies that she isn't a cheerleader ... anymore. Sarah Shahi who plays Jenny was, in fact, a popular Dallas Cowboys cheerleader until not long before the series began.

During the opening credits, the Rimbaldi symbol (<o>) is flashed over the "Alias" logo for exactly one frame. During at least the first season, this happens while Victor Garber's name is onscreen. Also, the images moving behind the logo are home movies of creator J. J. Abrams children during a 4th of July celebration.

Series creator J.J. Abrams wrote and peformed the music for the opening sequence.

Many outdoor locations - both domestic and international - are actually buildings on the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank, California (where all interior scenes are shot).

The number 47 is used repeatedly throughout the series. Examples: Marshall expresses a desire to improve a camera design so that it has 47 exposures, the keycode Will needs to get into a computer room in order to retrieve data on SD-6 is 4747, The crate at the Vatican which contains the painting with Rambaldi's cipher-key has a 5-digit catalog number ending in 47, page 47 is always significant in a Rambaldi manuscript, and of course, there are 47 parts to Rambaldi's magnum opus. In episodes of season 3, Sydney tries to retrieve memories of when she is abducted, as she is dreaming... Masked men take her in to a room with the number 47 largely printed on its doors. Interestingly, the Star Trek tv shows also feature the number 47 many times (It's usually seen in their monitors).

In the second season episode "The Getaway", a French waiter jokes that Michael Vaughn speaks French better than he does. In reality, actor Michael Vartan, who plays Vaughn, is French.

Greg Grunberg's character is named "Eric Weiss". Erich Weiss is the birth name of Harry Houdini. Will Tippin even mentions this fact when he and Weiss meet in the second season's finale.

During the second season, ABC developed an online videogame, "Alias Underground", which featured the voices of several actors from the series.

Creator J.J. Abrams says the idea for the show came from a half-joking story plot for his series "Felicity" (1998). Abrams considered an episode where Felicity spends her summer as a government agent, then returns to school the next fall like nothing ever happened.

Although it was never mentioned in the show, Merrin Dungey has said that Francie's restaurant was called Deep Inside.

During the show's first season, Sydney is never shown killing anyone. This changes in the second season, when she is shown killing bad guys frequently.

Although it has yet to be mentioned in any episode, officially produced material based on the show - specifically the agent biographies created for the official Alias magazine - reveal that Jack Bristow was born in Canada. This reflects the fact that Victor Garber is himself Canadian. This means that, technically, Sydney Bristow's ethnic background is half Russian, half Canadian.

For her birthday, star 'Jennifer Garner' was given a pink bicycle by series creator 'Jeffrey Abrams'. Being the first one on set, she would often greet the production crew by ringing the bells on the bike's handlebars.

According to the audio commentaries on the Season 1 DVDs, when Sydney is called to meet with the CIA, it is Series Creator J.J. Abrams' voice that says the phrase "Joey's Pizza?".

The character 'Jack Bristow' was ranked #29 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" (20 June 2004 issue).

Originally 'David Anders' 's character, Sark was only supposes to be in a few episodes

Marshall's gadget, the small disc that can knock someone out just by touching skin - he describes it "like freebasing Thorazine". Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) is an anti-psychotic drug, used in the treatment of disorganized and psychotic thinking, and the treatment of false perceptions (e.g. hallucinations or delusions.) Drugs of this type are commonly used in mental institutions for patients who do not have a comfortable grasp on reality.

In season one Jack informs Sydney he has a "routine psych evaluation" - in fact, CIA employees undergo regular reinvestigations including periodic polygraph examinations

The Rambaldi prophesy is: "This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works. Bind them with fury, a burning anger unless prevented at vulgar cost this woman will render the greatest power unto utter desolation."

Sydney broke her leg when she was five years old while on a camping trip.

Sydney took piano lessons when she was six years old.

Sark asks Sloane for a glass of "Chateau Pétrus, 82" in return for his cooperation in finding Khasinau. Chateau Pétrus, is in fact, one of the world's rarest and most expensive wines. The Chateau Pétrus Pomerol, a Merlot, is described as one of the greatest wines of the vintage and will set you back between roughly $7,000-$10,000 per bottle

Vaughn was stationed in India for two years.

Irina was 18 when the KGB recruited her.

Irina drinks her coffee black.

Marshall collects Pez dispensers.

Sydney's fiancé, Danny, was going to be a pediatric cardiologist. His younger brother was born with an irreversible heart condition, which spawned his interest in the field.

Marshall plays "Dungeons & Dragons", his character is a gnome with a battle-axe.

Francie dated the high school quarterback.

The picture of young Allison Doren is actually a picture of Merrin Dungey's sister.

In season three, when Sydney sees her name on the "Agents Killed in Action" plaque, the name directly below hers is "Scott Chambliss" - who is actually an award-winning production designer on the show.

In episode ten of the third season it is finally revealed Sark's first name.

Sark is a Romanov descendant.

In the pilot episode, several scenes were shot on the set of J.J. Abram's other series, "Felicity" (1998) (Danny's apartment and the bathroom where Sydney dyes her hair the famous red color).

The cryo-stored "data core" retrieved by Syndey in the episode "Masquerade" is a futuristic-looking barbeque grill from Thane.

haha some of those i did know, but some i didn't...like

In season three, when Sydney sees her name on the "Agents Killed in Action" plaque, the name directly below hers is "Scott Chambliss" - who is actually an award-winning production designer on the show.

i never saw that! must go back and look! :run: ^_^

Alias_Fan0202 said:
haha some of those i did know, but some i didn't...like
i never saw that!  must go back and look!  :run: ^_^
[post="1127607"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Hehe, I noticed that

They were really cool! Im totally gonna go watch the bit with Syd's name on the wall, and the bad robot bit with JJ's kids and teh opening titles with the July 4th celebrations! awesome! :smiley:

Thanks for posting, they're really interesting!

I'll add one more fact. When Will eventually digs up the list of kids involved in project Xmas, the list that included Allison Doren, the rest of that list contained names of people on the Alias crew.

Wow you guys are really observent. I love watching the comments that the crew has during the commentaries. Did you know that Ron Rifken's shaver has different number settings? lol that was really wierd.

Well most of these facts posted are either in the episodes, if you watch them enough times, or they are told during commentaries, or they are in hte behind the scenes Alias guide, or stuff on posters or on ABC's Alias profiles pages.

So yeah, if you are obsessed enough, you can dig up all these facts. And me? I'm definitely obsessed with this show. When I watch it with my friends, I'll actually give little commentaries as they go through the episode. And most of them either go like huh interesting, or more often than no just shake their heads in disbelief.

xinli11 said:
I'll add one more fact.  When Will eventually digs up the list of kids involved in project Xmas, the list that included Allison Doren, the rest of that list contained names of people on the Alias crew.
[post="1129391"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Same with the list of visitors to the DSR in Taken

Back