Alias meets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azhria Lilu

Captain
This is really just a comparison of Alias to other shows (mostly spy ones)

The Avengers

The Avengers is about the British secret service, and was set in London

Similarities:

- Both are agents
- Both stared beautiful actresses (according to what I have heard, anyway – I’ve never seen The Avengers)
- In both, the characters have style

Differences:

- In Alias, they go around to different countries. In (The) Avengers, they stay in London
- Alias has much more drama (because of the double agent storylines)

It's hard to find The Avengers, but the STARZ! Super Pack Mystery channel sometimes airs episodes between movies.

Get Smart

Similarities:

- Both in a way make fun of themselves
- Both star to main characters (who are agents) – a man and a woman
- In both, two characters work together
- In both, the two characters fall in love (OK I am hoping about Alias here!)
- In both, the two characters get married (OK, I am hoping about Alias here!)
- In both, the female lead know what she is doing (pretty much)

Differences:

- In Get Smart, the male character doesn’t know what he is doing – or he gets the job done on pure luck (which makes for a great show, by the way)

Possobile Similarities:

- Will Sydney and Vaughn confess their love in a situation where they think they are going to die – yet get out of the situation? It’s what happened with Max and Agent 99!

Episodes of Get Smart air on TV Land.

Mission Impossible

Similarities:

- Both have secret agents who go around the world
- Both have cool gadgets
- In both, one side is the government (although in MI, the government will deny any involvment)

Differences:

- In Alias, they are talked into believing they are working for the government, but really are not - whereas in MI, the good side is already working for the government
- Mission Impossible has super-high-tech disguises. You never know if someone you see really is the person you think you are seeing. So far, this hasn’t happened in Alias – but, it easily could. (Note: The only reference to masks in Alias is when Sydney isn't sure Jack says he is who he says he is, so she touches his face to feel for a mask)
- For some reason, Mission Impossible seems more high-tech than Alias. I guess it is kind of set in the future, whereas Alias is more set in present times – with modern cell phones, for example. I guess MI:2 is too, but just with really advanced gadgets. Actually, for all we (civilians) know, the gadgets could actually exist!

A few blurbs:

- In the TV series, the mission was recorded on tapes which self-destructed. In the movies, this was modernized by having them be sent in the form of a wearable-computer in the form of sunglasses.
- Tom Cruise is making Mission Impossible: 3

Sum of All Fears

In Fears, Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman (more Ben, though), try to head off a nuclear disaster. Ben is new to the CIA, and is just an analyst. When the Russian president dies of a heart attack and the man who replaces him happens to be someone who Ben specializes in. If you read on, it may spoil the plot for you. Meanwhile, a group of Neo-Nazis gets their hands on a US made nuke that we gave Israel, which they put in an airplane and it got shot down. They get some Russian scientists to put it in a vending machine, and then kill the scientists. The vending machine gets put in the stadium where the president is at a football game. For the rest, you’ll have to see the movie :P

The Agents: In Alias, Sydney knows what she is doing, and can go on missions. Jack (the person who Ben plays) is just an anyalist (kind of like Vaughn, except he’s a handler). Anyway, Ben can go on some missions too – but he’s not that kick-but. Fears has some good graphics and very suspenseful moments. However, it brings back a lot of memories of 9/11.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

It was based on the UN (cooperative spy agency of the UN??), and international spies. One of the good guys was Russian. This was kind of complicated because it was in an age when we were not allies.

Note: For those of you wondering, U.N.C.L.E. stands for United Network Command for Law and Enforcement.

Similarities:

- Both have secret agents who go around the world
- They go around to different countries in both
- In both, the characters have style

Differences:

- One is a cooperation of nations
- Other is an agency that pretends to be part of the a nation's intelligence agency, but is actually freelance.

I've never seen an episode, got information from The Fans From U.N.C.L.E. and other sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back