Another Melissa George article

V

verdantheart

The article, with photo, can be found here.

~~~
Melissa George Marries into 'Alias' Family
(Friday, August 29 11:45 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Former "Thieves" star Melissa George has been cast as the woman who steals Vaughn's heart on "Alias."

George will join the cast of ABC's spy thriller this fall as Vaughn's (Michael Vartan) wife, National Security Council agent Lauren Reed.

The show has jumped ahead in time for its third season. Last season's finale ended with Sydney Bristow (Jennifer Garner) waking up in Hong Kong to find that two years had passed and she has no recollection of them. Everyone else, meanwhile, assumed Sydney was dead, which explains why her boyfriend is now married.

POSSIBLE SPOILER - HIGHLIGHT TO SEE said:
The recovery of Sydney's memory will be a major theme for the coming season, as her mind may hold information that is valuable to people on all sides of the intelligence community, including bad guy Sloane (Ron Rifkin).
George, a native of Australia, starred in ABC's short-lived "Thieves" in 2001. Her other credits include "Sugar & Spice," "Down with Love" and guest roles on "Friends" and "Monk."
~~~
;)

BWesley said:
I think I hate her already! :angry:
Please do not blame a character you've never met and who never knew Sydney for Vaughn's moving on after Sydney was established as dead. See this topic for lengthy discussion why. If you don't think Vaughn waited long enough, it is not her fault. Would you turn down a proposal from Vaughn (I would, but that's not the point)?
;)

verdantheart said:
BWesley said:
I think I hate her already! :angry:
Please do not blame a character you've never met and who never knew Sydney for Vaughn's moving on after Sydney was established as dead. See this topic for lengthy discussion why. If you don't think Vaughn waited long enough, it is not her fault. Would you turn down a proposal from Vaughn (I would, but that's not the point)?
;)
lol..troo..we shouldnt hate juss cuz he got over syd so fast :smiley:angry:smiley:...and that mg is his new wife and all...but juss dont hate man...if syd got married while vaughn disapperaed we would hate syd but u know...and like vh siad, WHO ON EARTH WOULD TURN A PROPOSAL FROM VAUGHN DOWN!??!?! GAH! (shoot i wouldnt, but thats not what this is bout);)

Ok, I have been watching and listening all summer. Yeah, I like Sydney and Vaughn too, but we had limited places to take Sydney with them together. With them apart it frees the writers up to take the viewers to places that could never have been possible before. I think that viewers are going to find that Sydney has done some things that will shock everyone - she is a trained killer and just maybe she has done some of that during her two years AND she may very well have had lovers of her own during that time. The character of Lauren Reed will most assuredly be one most difficult to hate because JJ knows very well how everyone responded to the ring stuff on season end. He will now go to extreme length to make certain that she is extremely difficult to hate. Again, remember Sydney has not be an angel for the last "almost 2 years".

It is interesting that Vartanho.com has made such as statement that they have frozen the site in basic protest of the producers/writers decision on these characters. They are making a decision on whether they will actuall be returning as views. LOL The very point of the Alias drama is to create feeling in the viewers. The Cast and Crew of this program have done just that. Feelings, controversy and most assuredly debate. Of course, the Vartanho's will be back to watch so will everyone else and hopefully an additional viewing base brought in by the release of the DVD set of season one. Soooooo, hold on to your recliners folks season 3 is only a few weeks away.

Vaughn said:
And what did he exactly do to Sydney? Move on after a year or maybe a year and a half? Didn't she do the same to Danny who was supposed to be the love of her life? and maybe even sooner? Because the only reason they weren't together before Phase One, was because of SD-6. Little into the first season we could all see her falling in love with Vaughn. So what is what makes Syd different from Vaughn?

I think I hate her already!  :angry:
What did she do wrong? If he had proposed to you, would you have rejected him? I doubt it. All she is guilty of is marrying the man she is in love with. Why would you hate her for that? Or would you have told him 'No! I can't marry you because you are still in love with Sydney'. I don't think so.

Now, just to make one thing clear, I am a S/V shipper, I just don't like when people start picking on other people or characters just because they feel like it. You should try to put yourself in that situation and be a little more understanding.

WOW! It appears that I hit a nerve. I don't hate the actress, and that that matter, I have not seen her on screen to even begin to have an opinion on Mrs. Vaughn. It seems as though you ladies are taking this all a wee bit too serious.
Obviously my attempt at sarcasm was not appreciated. For that, please accept my apology.

BWesley said:
Obviously my attempt at sarcasm was not appreciated.
The problem is, there are a lot of people who are serious when they say the exact same thing--and they outnumber you 100 to 1. Apology gratefully accepted.
;)

BWesley said:
WOW! It appears that I hit a nerve. I don't hate the actress, and that that matter, I have not seen her on screen to even begin to have an opinion on Mrs. Vaughn. It seems as though you ladies are taking this all a wee bit too serious.
Obviously my attempt at sarcasm was not appreciated. For that, please accept my apology.
Well, I feel like I should apologise too. Maybe I took it a little to seriously. Is just that there are entire threads dedicated to that exact topic, and they are not being sarcastic, they are very serious about it. So, I'm just tired of reading post were people claim that they hate her (because that's leterally what they say) just because of the character she plays.
I'm going to be honest with you, I'm not her biggest fan, but I'm trying to be as neutral as possible in this situation, and take things as they come. I would like to believe that JJ knows what he is doing.

Kaiserin said:
I would like to believe that JJ knows what he is doing.
As far as I'm concerned, his track record is gold. I see him going from dead-ends-ville to storyline city (with regards to S/V) and I'm as happy as a clam. Happy characters = happy audiences only at the end of the story. I'm not ready for the end of Alias yet. Do we have any reason to believe he doesn't know what he's doing? I don't.
^_^

verdantheart said:
Kaiserin said:
I would like to believe that JJ knows what he is doing.
As far as I'm concerned, his track record is gold. I see him going from dead-ends-ville to storyline city (with regards to S/V) and I'm as happy as a clam. Happy characters = happy audiences only at the end of the story. I'm not ready for the end of Alias yet. Do we have any reason to believe he doesn't know what he's doing? I don't.
^_^
That was actually a retoric question. What I meant is that he's never dessappointed so far. And that all this spoilers for the new season that have everybody so worked up, and claiming that they will stop watching the show, is actually brilliant strategy that will only make them want to see it more.
So, no. I have no reason, what so ever, to believe that he doesn't know what he's doing.

Back