Best possible time for Lost & Alias...

So where to put Alias, given that it's probably losing its Sunday slot? Let's consider all the factors. First, Alias needs a 9/8c time slot, because there will be several 2-hour showings in season 4, and it needs a consistent starting time. (And 8/7c is too early for a TV-14 show like Alias.) Secondly, it needs to run with almost no pre-emptions, and that's why leaving Sunday is a good thing (Superbowl and a plethera of awards shows plague Sunday scheduling).

So 9/8c on which night? Monday? Against 24? Scratch that. (Too many fans in common--the audience would be split.) Thursday? Against CSI? Suicide -- forget it. Friday or Saturday? Slot of death. Wednesday? Lost is the PERFECT lead-in, but the 9/8c slot against The West Wing, King of Queens, and even the Wednesday showing of American Idol part of the season? Not ideal. Tuesday at 9/8c? No serious competition, but too many viewers will already be on FOX due to viewing American Idol the previous hour.

The solution: Lost got spectacular ratings even against the last game of the World Series, so it could seriously compete against American Idol if it were moved to Tuesday 8/7c. Put Alias right after it Tuesday at 9/8c, and we're in business! A sizeable audience of the right demographic will watch Lost, and stay put for Alias since there's not much competition elsewhere in the hour to follow. If only I were in charge at ABC right now!

How many topics like this are there around? I don't go into all sections of the board, but I've read this kinda thing so many times! :?

Back