Chasing the Wind

Chapter 1: The Girl of His Dreams

Vaughn looks up at Sydney. She smiles deeply. He turns his head away. It begins to rain and they run toward each other and kiss. All color fades away and they emit the only light in the world. Vaughn's eyes open and he is laying in is bed, alone. This wasn't the first time he had that dream. Him and Sydney are just partners, just friends. This dream tortures him, it taunts him, waving something he believes he can't have in front of his face, night after night.

At the headquarters Sydney passes him, he can't help feel uncomfortable around her. His feelings extend deeply. Her smile warms him. "You look nice." he says. "Thanks, hows the report coming?" she asks. "Good we almost have everything wrapped up, we have a new mission, we will breif you in an hour." he says. "Good." she says smiling and walking away. Sydney Bristow one remarkable woman he thinks.

He gets up and follows Sydney and they walk and talk. "Sydney, we haven't really talked, since we kissed after we invaded the SD cells." he says. "Yeah, so?" she says. "I think we should talk about it?? We have been close for a long time and I don't know shouldn't we see what we are going to do." he says. "Vaughn, look I have a lot to work on and a lot on my mind, just don't drop this on me now." she says walking away.

He watches her walk away, gazes at her, why he feels this way, he doesn't know why it's all hapening now. He has to tell her his feelings, but he doesn't want to scare her. He can't keep it bottled up inside forever he tell Sydney tonight. "Hey Syd, are you free tonight for dinner, just y'know as friends and about work stuff??" he asks. "Umm yeah sure your house?" she responds. "Sounds good." he says walking away.

At Vaughn's house, Sydney's car pulls up, Vaughn has made a simple chicken dinner with wine. They talk. The candles reflect the shadows of both of them. "Syd, I need to tell something, I want ot be more than partners, more than friends. I can't stop thinkng about you, it's crazy. I love you and worry when your on missions and can't be comfortable when you smile. I know this is coming of a little strong but I cna't help it, your the woman of my dreams." he says.

"Wanna give it a shot?" Vaughn says. "I don't know what to do about this, Vaughn it's too fast. I just, I just can't deal with this right now" she says, excusing herself from the table and walking out the front door, she drives, her thoughts race, where to go? She pulls into a driveway and opens her door. She walks to the proch and knocks. The door opens and it's Jack, Sydney walks in hoping to clear her mind and make sense of her situation, should she give it a shot with Vaughn or, should she not, and let him chase her in his dreams?

Chapter 2: Aniversary

Sydney sips coffee with her father. She has just departed from Vaughn's house. "Sydney, you love Vaughn, why don't you give him a chance. What's on your mind?" Jack asks. "Well this marked the two years anniversary of Danny's death. I remembered, like I told him. Every week I still visit his grave. Just thinking of what happend. I told Danny I would never love another man as much as I did him, but now these feelings for Vaughn are surfacing again and..and" she says starting to sob.

Jack puts his arm around her to comfort her. "I know, it's alright." he says. "I feel if I except these rushing feelings for Vaughn now it would be some way of betraying Danny." she says, grabbing the tissues. "Sydney, it's been a while since Danny died, I know it's hard because you loved him so much, but you have to move on, you can't beat yourself up over huis death." he says moving his hand onto hers.

"But it was my fault he died. I told him, he died that night because of me." she says, weaping even more. "No. I can't let you believe that. Sydney, there is one man and one man alone for Danny's death and that man is Arvin Sloane." Jack says. "It's been two years, I feel like I've left him behind, in my past, as if I didn't remember him enough." she says. "Sydney please, you were handling this fine, none of this is your fault. Don't take this out on Vaughn, obviously he's crazy about you, give him a shot, You can stay here tonight, but I would advise, that you put this greif and blame beside, coping is hard, but Vaughn is a new opening for a fresh start." he says.

Vaughn looks at the empty seat across from him. It was too fast he thought, but then why would they kiss and share those intense feelings back one month ago? He ponders. He almost went after her, but he didn't know what was wrong, did he spook her? Well maybe he should give it up, maybe she isn't into him that way. He lays in bed heart broken, fading into sleep, hoping to at lweast have Sydney in his dreams again.

Back