Politics Chat Rooms

Okay here what happened. I was in Yahoo's chat rooms...teens north east 1. And I met this man which I knew his age was 41 because I asked. But the thing is he was sweet unlike the others i have met so I did a stupid thing i guess and gave him my cell number so he could call me. Guess what he called no suprise i knew he would but he is married. YEP he is married with 2 children and the one daughter is 16 and I'm 17...that is nasty. We talked for a while. He told me that he was in an unhappy marriage and i felt bad for him so i told he could call me again. He kept saying he loved me right. Each passing day i get more and more freaked out. The messages he left me on my voicemai.
Here are just some that i remember:
* hey baby its "john" i just called to say good morning
* hey i can't wait till we meet in nyc we will defn get a room and have some good good sex and i can't wait till we do some hard f**king (omg how sick is that does he think i would even sleep with him...nope)
~he calls like 20 times a day maybe more~
* i must have called you like 20 times and your phone MUST HAVE BEEN ON, I don't think its gonna work out
```I emailed him and let him have i post it but trust me the language would be so hard to block out.```
* next message: i'm so sorry about what i said i had some beer in me and i said things i didn't mean. I just get nervous and you were asking to many ?'s (i asked him about his wife's name and his daughters' names)
okay i don't how thats nosey but hey i'm not the 41 years old stalking a minor.

But the point i'm getting at did anyone come across a freaky a$$ person like this?

Mel
:blink:

You really shouldnt have given your cell out. My friend's doing that right now (giving out her phone numbers to strangers she meets on the internet) and I'm really worried.

Yeah. I've met plenty of wierd people on the internet

Is he still calling you??

Never give your phone number out. They may seem sweet, but on the internet, it is so easy to give yourself a personality makeover.

Also, if you have saved those voicemails, you can give them to the authorities. This pervert had no right to say anything like that to you, especially since you are 16.

I rarely, if ever, go into internet chat rooms. I used to go on one AOL conference room back in the day... the writer's jam, which was a teen writer's chat. The same people usually always came and we all talked about non-writing things. Some interesting characters in there, but I also made a few friends. But even then, I gave them a fake name.

Existentialist said:
Never give your phone number out. They may seem sweet, but on the internet, it is so easy to give yourself a personality makeover.
[post="1308588"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Exactly, no matter how nice someone is dont give out your number and certainly dont meet up with them ;)

Cant you get his number blocked? Or go to the police with all the messages and emails?

I never use chatrooms, only talk to people on MSN that ive met of forums and the good thing about that is the block button (y)

SCARY THING!!!
I have one of my friends who did the same thing that you, I called her crazy for days! Because she met her BF on Internet, so she gave him her number, her whole name... before she even met him in person :eek: ! I told her she was crazy to do such a thing, it's crazy!

If there is something I will never do, it's giving my number to someone!
The only ppl I talk to are the ppl like and I've met on the boards, those ppl are really great and I like talking to them on MSN.
It even took me months before giving them my name. Now instead of calling me ashqua they can call me by my real name.
But I never go on chat rooms because everybody can lie, it's so easy to pretend to be someone you are not! Ppl are fake and playing with you to get what they want from you!

So like all the other, I say go to the police and tell them what's going on or at least talk to your parents.

I don't want to scare you but there is something similar thing that happened in France and you can believe me the story didn't end so well. The girl sent a SMS to one of her friends but she entered the wrong number. The guy who recieved the message called her and they talked, talked, talked for weeks or months.
One day she told him she didn't want to talk to him anymore, and he did something really harsh.

So you need to talk to someone really soon before things get worst :(

Lemon-Krumpitz said:
You really shouldnt have given your cell out. My friend's doing that right now (giving out her phone numbers to strangers she meets on the internet) and I'm really worried.

Yeah. I've met plenty of wierd people on the internet

Is he still calling you??
[post="1308545"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

To help your friend out you need to show her my story...it could help.
I don't know the whole story when it comes to ur friend but if you guys are from the new england area she could meet my guy. Which suxs i met him...and to answer ur question he is calling me still. :angry2: :angry2: (n) on my :cellphone:

mel

i mean chat rooms are so dangerous...anyone can be on there pretending to be anyone else. so scary. obviously there is the odd case where these things work...my friend got married last year to a guy she met on the net. also there rae things like forums, like AA. i mean i met my current fiancee on this very board and we've been together 10 months and have met and everything. but we were lucky and safe. its just not advisable...people are so evil these days.

i've never been in a chat room, but i have talked to people on IM that are friends of friends that i've never met before. i always try to keep it limited to small talk and not go into personal topics.

One time my older sister didn an experiment. She made up another screenname and pretended to be a teenage boy and she described "himself" as looking like Justin Timberlake. She was bombarded with IM's from young girls wanting her phone number and address. It scared her how easily predators can have their pick...brrr. (n) :blink:

I would suggest calling the authorities because it seems as if this guy will not stop calling you. I know it's going to be hard to admit that you made a mistake by giving out your number, but I'd rather be safe and be scolded by the people who love me then be constantly harassed by sone stranger.

My friend wants to go out with this guy she met on some site named TeenSpot. I want to tell her stupid she is for giving him her phone number but she'd probably never talk to me again -.-

If he keeps calling I'd tell the police. He could be a threat to other girls to.

I used to go a lot into chatrooms, but since I am in Aruba ... and know about what people do or what could happen ... and one thing I would never EVER give out my cell # ... so, I think you better change your #, thats the only way you would feel safe again ... ;)

garnergarnish said:
i mean chat rooms are so dangerous...anyone can be on there pretending to be anyone else. so scary. obviously there is the odd case where these things work...my friend got married last year to a guy she met on the net. also there rae things like forums, like AA. i mean i met my current fiancee on this very board and we've been together 10 months and have met and everything. but we were lucky and safe. its just not advisable...people are so evil these days.
[post="1310615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I just wanna say that I"ve followed your love story for a while now, and I think it's amazing how you've made it all work despite the astronomical odds. This is a saga that would make S/V proud.

Xin Li

Back