Politics Hell House

Kewii

April 27th
I was watching a news program that was demonstrating a sort of haunted House that the Church has been using. I'm not exact on which church was using it, whether it be catholic or christian or what not.

Basically the premise of the Hell House was a bunch of scenes in which people were shown commiting acts, dying shortly after and then being sent to hell. They also included scenes of what hell was like.

So for instance, a girl dies from having an abortion. They showed her dying and a demon coming to take her to hell. Later scenes were shown depicting hell as a torture centre (which if Hell does exist it probably is)

By doing this they were, in essence, scaring people, especially children and teenagers into renewing their religion or accepting the beliefs of others. At the end of the tour a minister stood there and said to the crowd, largely young adults, that you now have a choice. You can either go and pray now or go to hell.

The crimes that would get u sent to hell included, non-belief, homosexuality, abortion, rapists, suicides, murderers, among others

My question is: Is using the Hell House ethical to attract followers? Should religions be using such a tool?

Kewii said:
The crimes that would get u sent to hell included, non-belief, homosexuality, abortion, rapists, suicides, murderers, among others
non-belief -- i don't believe in God now, but my views may change in the future (i'm agnostic)
homosexuality -- while i'm not gay, i have friends who are, and i believe it's an eithical practice
abortion -- i would have one if i was rapped or too young
rapists -- no way lol
suicides -- i wouldn't commit sucide, but i have friends who believe that if they did they would go to heaven, and i truly hope they wouldn't go to hell
murderers -- okay, i agree with that one

OMG I have never heard of a hell house...OMG that is just wrong...🇳🇴....but I am a Christian...and I do believe in some things.....but to do that.....that is just reallly morally wrong. -_-

I wouldn't say it's morally wrong, but it is unethical, unnecessary, misleading, and somewhat coercion.

It's isn't really forcing people to stop "sinning," but by scaring them in such a way, people are almost forced to believe in the consequences. And it shouldn't be used as a tool by the church, presenting beliefs as facts, especially when it's visually and mentally tormenting.

I know we have some here where I live during Halloween. Two of my friends' churches had them. I believe one was Pentecostal and the other, Baptist.

I don't necessarily believe they're wrong, b/c in a sense, I do believe by committing some of those sins, you will go to Hell. But, that is strictly my own personal belief.

You can either go and pray now or go to Hell.
However, any church that were to say such a thing to me, would be an incredible turn off from God. It's a horrible way to describe a choice, that is supposed to make your life better.

I wouldn't ever want to go to the one you described here, b/c my friends' I know wasn't that graphic at all.

oh my god! i hate these types of things. i went to one about the revelation. they're basically just scaring people into becoming christian. that's not right. christianity is supposed to be about love and believing because you love God, not that your scared of punishment if you don't believe.

xdancer said:
oh my god! i hate these types of things. i went to one about the revelation. there basically just scaring people into becoming christian. that's not right. christianity is supposed to be about love and believing because you love God, not that your scared of punishment if you don't believe.
Exactly :smiley:

Back