Nintendo DS or PSP?

DS or PSP?

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation Portable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've played the Metroid demo for the DS. The game looks good and I like using the touch screen to move the character. Still, Im not impressed with the DS so far.

i have a ds. the screen is better. the battery is better. the games will be better. the durability is better. the d-pad is better. the maker's history concerning handhelds is better. the price is better. it's all better.

i am in no way opposed to sony (i have a ps2 and god knows what else). it's just when you do the research the ds is better.

I don't think it's fair to compare Nintendo to Sony and Microsoft, because they are targeting different demographics.

I want to support Nintendo because it's the only gaming-hardware company that really specifies in well...just gaming. I read in "Electronic Gaming" that Nintendo has implicitly stated that they do not intend for the Nintendo: Revolution or what's-it's-name to compete w/ PS3 or XBOX 360, so it will probably cost a lot less, but it won't have the other capabilities that the other two consoles will have (but it will have backward compatability).

The DS in any case, I hear, is just something to "stall" Sony's PSP until Nintendo can work up another GameBoy installment.

Sony's success w/ PS2 is what made Microsoft interested in the gaming market, and it's now become a two-horse race as to who can conquer the general public, but I think Nintendo is fine as long as it doesn't ailenate its core market: gamers- with something like Virtual Boy. :blink:

I've played em both and the PSP rocks so hard I bought one the same day I played the first one I'd ever put into my hands. The DS didn't even phase me. Maybe the next thing in the Gameboy line will really shake things up, but for me, there's no competition.

If I want to game with a pen, I'll stick to the Wacom on my computer. =]

I will give props though, the Kirby game is a cool concept just not cool enough to make me throw the cash across the counter.

Back