Nintendo Revolution motion joysticks

Tim

Creative Writer
BBC NEWS | Technology | Nintendo plans one-handed joypad

_40807904_revolu-ap203.jpg

one handed, motion activated, nintendo bosses have said they want to move into playable games rather than just ones with instant appeal that will stay in the cupboard the next day. the more sedate style of games and sports requiring timing rather than viscious stabs at a controller will benefit from such a controller.

i just wouldn't want to sit there looking like a dummy when my remote won't change my tv channel, i have enough remotes already and there will come a point where a new piece of furniture for lounges might just become the norm, the Remote Rack!!!!!

I saw that on CNN last night... the concept is cool of the newer consoles having gyro's in them to detect 3D motion but yeah, a 'TV remote' for a game controller just doesn't make any sense. Most of the more complicated games require two-handed game play for the multitude of buttons that need to be activated for certain actions.... can anybody really see themselves playing a shooter with a one-handed controller that looks like a remote control?

My bet is that 3rd party controllers will be selling pretty good for the Revolution.

well, i've seen a lot of gloves about, the glove is motion for movement and then theres loads of buttons, some that can be pressed by the glove hand, some requiring the second ungloved hand to reach over and press.

but no solution i've seen works that good, or lasts the test of time.i think the probable expense of manufacturing a glove that can work properly is beyond most gamers budgets

one of my local shops sold a headset off once, that was motion controlled, but here i didn't want to look like a demented version of Paulie Shore
!!!

_40808728_nintendo_controller203.jpg

if that image isn't disturbing........................

Back