Horror Paranormal Activity Series (2007-2015)

Tom

An Old Friend
MV5BMjY1NjcxODQ4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzUxNjM4Mg@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

R | 86 min | Horror | 16 October 2009 (USA)
Paranormal Activity (2007) - IMDb

After a young, middle class couple moves into a suburban 'starter' tract house, they become increasingly disturbed by a presence that may or may not be somehow demonic but is certainly most active in the middle of the night. Especially when they sleep. Or try to.

Director:
Oren Peli
Writer:
Oren Peli
Stars:
Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Mark Fredrichs

I watched about 15 minutes of this when it first came out. Never really was into the so-called reality shows and this left me with the feeling that they wanted to cash in on the type of people that will believe anything if it is done so it looks real. Anyway, I found the movie on youtube so here it is...

Viewed it again, Still not impressed.

Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

MV5BMjE4NDgwMzAxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE3OTk4Mw@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

R | 91 min | Horror | 22 October 2010 (USA)
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010) - IMDb

Daniel Rey along with his wife, Kristi; daughter, Ali; toddler son, Hunter, and their dog, move to Carlsbad, California. A few days later their residence is broken into, however, nothing appears to be missing. In order to prevent re-occurrences, they install a number of security cameras that will record everything on a DVR. After they hire a Spanish-speaking nanny to look after Hunter, she informs them that there is something wrong in their house and performs prayers, much to the chagrin of Daniel, who lets her go. He will subsequently regret this decision as more inexplicable and strange incidents occur, with Ali concluding, after a research, that their house may be possessed by a demonic entity.

Director:
Tod Williams
Writers:
Michael R. Perry (screenplay), Christopher Landon (screenplay)
Stars:
Katie Featherston, Micah Sloat, Molly Ephraim

Having NOT been interested in the first one I saw no reason to think that the second might be good either. Never watched it. Probably never will. Found a copy of this on YouTube too

Paranormal Activity 3 (2011)

MV5BMTk0MTQzODQzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQ2NzQ3Ng@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

R | 83 min | Horror | 21 October 2011 (USA)
Paranormal Activity 3 (2011) - IMDb

In 1988, in California, cinematographer Dennis moves to the house of his girlfriend Julie to raise a family with her daughters Katie and Kristi. Little Kristi has an imaginary friend named Toby while weird things happen in the house. Dennis decides to place cameras in the house to capture images during the night and soon he finds that there is an entity in the house. Dennis's friend Randy Rosen (Dustin Ingram) researches the events and learns that his house might be a coven of witches and the children may be in danger.

Directors:
Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
Writers:
Christopher Landon, Oren Peli (film "Paranormal Activity")
Stars:
Chloe Csengery, Jessica Tyler Brown, Christopher Nicholas Smith

Now when the 3rd installment came available I did seek the trailer to see what all the fuss was about. The trailer essentially made me decide I didn't want to see this one either.
For those of you who like this junk, here is a page where you might find a link to a stream. I'm not interested in pursuing the stream so I leave it up to you.

Paranormal Activity 3​

Paranormal Activity 4 (2012)

MV5BNjAxMzM0MjYwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjMwMjAyOA@@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

R | 88 min | Horror | 19 October 2012 (USA)
Paranormal Activity 4 (2012) - IMDb

The story takes place in 2011, five years after Katie killed her boyfriend Micah, sister Kristi, her husband Daniel and took their baby, Hunter. Story focuses on Alex and her family experiencing weird stuff since the new neighbors moved in the town.

Directors:
Henry Joost, Ariel Schulman
Writers:
Christopher Landon (screenplay), Chad Feehan (story)
Stars:
Stephen Dunham, Katie Featherston, Matt Shively

By the time this addition came out I was wondering if I was missing some great Horror franchise for my collection. I once again tried watching it. Still does nothing but irritate me. Once again, Here is a link to some streaming sources if this is your thing.

Paranormal Activity 4​

Paranormal Activity 5: The Marked Ones (2014)

MV5BMjAwNDAxMjc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDcyNDU3MDE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

R | 84 min | Horror, Thriller | 3 January 2014 (USA)
Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) - IMDb

Jesse begins experiencing a number of disturbing and unexplainable things after the death of his neighbor. As he investigates, it isn't long before Jesse finds he's been marked for possession by a malevolent demonic entity, and it's only a matter of time before he is completely under its control...
Director:
Christopher Landon
Writers:
Christopher Landon, Oren Peli (based on the film "Paranormal Activity" by)
Stars:
Andrew Jacobs, Jorge Diaz, Gabrielle Walsh

Five movies into this franchise and not one that I find interesting. Is there a problem with my ability to suspend disbelief? No. Is there something wrong with my fear factor? Not Really. The movies just plain SUCK. Here is a YouTube version of the movie where the uploader used a filter to try to avoid copyright violations. Not sure why they even tried? You can watch it if you want, I prefer not to.

LOL, at the uploader. Copyright protection doesn't work that way.

Paranormal Activity 6: The Ghost Dimension (2015)

MV5BMjQxMjE5OTA3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDAxNTg4NjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

R | 88 min | Horror | 23 October 2015 (USA)
Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension (2015) - IMDb

The Ghost Dimension, follows a new family, The Fleeges - father Ryan (Chris J. Murray), mother Emily (Brit Shaw) and their young daughter Leila (Ivy George) - Who move into a house and discover a video camera and a box of tapes in the garage. When they look through the camera's lens, they begin to see the paranormal activity happening around them - including the re-emergence of young Kristi and Katie.

Director:
Gregory Plotkin
Writers:
Jason Pagan (screenplay), Andrew Deutschman (screenplay), 6 more credits »
Stars:
Chris J. Murray, Brit Shaw, Ivy George

Today, I saw a link to a stream of yet another movie in this series. Now, I've seen a lot of amature camera work, shaky cams, out of shot framing and glitchy camera work lately. So I figured I might give this one a shot and went to view the trailer. Looks like this one has a cameraman that is at least trained. Not sure if I can put up with it but, hey, might as well give it a shot.
Found a TS (TeleSync) copy and am getting it now. If I can make it thru the entire movie I will be surprised.

Found an HDTS version at {...}
Watch Paranormal Activity The Ghost Dimension 2015 HDTS XVID AC3 VAiN online - {...}
163 mb @ 186 kbs

I'll let ya know, if it inspires me to post comments about it.

Tom got to admit I haven't seen the sixth movie yet at the cinema, franchise fatigue definitely setting in though I might catch it Tuesday with Rob, another fan of the franchise. We generally grab a couple of beers, load up on frozen coke and treats and then check out the punters unable to handle the "real" aspects.

Surprisingly we got the question a few Monday's back about what the critical reception to Ghost Dimension would be, really must podcast the talk back. Besides making it clear we hadn't seen the movie, the agreement was the reviews would be bad as it has become a bandwagon to run down each movie regardless of merit, one of the reasons reviews have zero impact in Australia, we don't trust them to be honest.

We did end up have a fairly frank convo about "found footage/mockumentary" which included debunking the claim by a lot of Critics that Blair Witch was totally unique etc. This lead to someone writing in with the details of a 1992 BBC mockumentary I've spent years trying to find, and it's up on vimeo!!!!! Ghostwatch on Vimeo No wonder people thought it was fair dinkum, BBC heavy weight Parkie was involved.

Fingers crossed The Conjuring isn't the next big horror franchise, can't stand the "based on the Warren files" BS running through the first two movies, serious snake oil salespeople folks.

We did end up have a fairly frank convo about "found footage/mockumentary" which included debunking the claim by a lot of Critics that Blair Witch was totally unique etc. This lead to someone writing in with the details of a 1992 BBC mockumentary I've spent years trying to find, and it's up on vimeo!!!!! Ghostwatch on Vimeo No wonder people thought it was fair dinkum, BBC heavy weight Parkie was involved.
That looks pretty interesting, a bit of a modern day 'War of the Worlds' public scare. :D