Resurrection

Chapter Three.

Nadia paced the pier as she stared anxiously down the pier and Jack stood stoically beside her.
"Would you stop pacing. Its extremely annoying." Jack said in an exhale.
She sighed and shot him an apologetic look.
"Sorry. . .Im just wondering whats taking her so long. . "

Nadia was finally going to meet Sydney.
A part of her was scared. . Another part of her could hardly wait.
Just then Sydney appeared at the edge of the moonlit pier and Nadia practically ran down to meet her.
They met halfway and Nadia flung her arms around Sydney breathing deeply and inhaling her lovely vanila scent.
When she eventually pulled back Sydney looked at her with tears in her eyes.
"Nadia. . Oh god. . I helped bury you. . .It hurt so much."
Sydney whispered as she fondly brushed a strand of hair away from her sisters face.
Nadia swallowed the lump in her throat and nodded.
"Syd. . .Im sorry. . .But i cant go back. . " Nadia whispered brokenly.
Sydney looked frantic.
"Why. . .I dont understand. . "
"Sydney. . .Nadia Santos officially died. There are records stating this.
She cant possibly inform the CIA that she is alive."
Jack said somewhat tiredly.
He himself was finding it hard to believe.
He had been dead too. . .
And yet Nadia had healed him.
After spending so many years Hating Milo Rambaldi Jack couldnt help but be struck by the irony of the situation.
Because Nadia was the passenger she had healed him.
And that had all been courtesy of Rambaldi.
"But. . What are you going to do?" Sydney asked puzzled.
"Jack can come with you. Medically speaking He could have survived the blast.
But as for me. . " Nadia shook her head wearily.
"I Already feel like such a complete freak. . .Theres only one alternative left for me. I have to disappear. Hide but at the same time be in the public. . .Sydney im going to change my identity. . " Nadia's voice had dropped to a whisper now and Sydney held out her arms and pulled her close.
"Im going to New York. . .I'll get a job and live there temporarily. . .But Sydney you have to promise me one thing. . " Nadia whispered as she pulled back and stared deeply into Sydney's soulful eyes.
"Anything for you my sweetheart." Sydney replied as she dropped a soft kiss on Nadia's forehead.
"You have to promise to visit me. And you have to bring Isabelle." Nadia smiled.
Sydney nodded her head fervently.
"Yes. . .I'll bring her. . .And Vaughn."
Nadia smiled sadly.
"Goodbye Sydney. . .I love you. . ."
"I love you too. . .Stay safe little sis. . ." Sydney whispered.
She felt like crying as watched her sister walk out of her life. . .
Three Weeks Later. . .

Nadia felt strangely dead inside as she looked in the restroom mirror.
She had dyed her soft brown hair a bright striking strawberry blonde, she had green colour eye contacts and her white uniform seemed to be slightly hanging on her as she had lost weight.
She was now working in New York as a sales assistant in a gift shop on Ninth Avenue.
The hours of the job were truly exhausting.
She sometimes had to work as late as twelve in the night as the holiday season drew closer.
Sighing heavily she exited the restroom and entered the bustling shop.
"Hey There Sunshine. Merry chrismas!" Derek her co worker trilled as he saw her step behind the cash register.
Nadia rolled her eyes and shot him an expressive look.
"Just because im alone and christmas sucks for me doesnt mean you have to rub it in."
she muttered under her breath.
Just then almost as if on cue the bells above the door jingled as someone entered.
Nadia stood stock still her entire body trembling as she stared at the man, a million emotions rushing through her.
"Eric. . Weiss. . ?" she mumbled.

In New York just approximately ten blocks away Julian Sark and Kelly Peyton stood in a fancy upmarket office block watching a video on a computer.
Sark's creul eyes narrowed as he watched a very much alive Nadia Santos run out of the CIA Mortuary.
"Looks like Some of Rambaldi's so called ramblings had actually some basis to it." Peyton said casually as she leaned back against the desk watching the video.
"Have you spoken to Cole about this?" Sark asked his eyes glued to the televison screen.
"Yes. Infact he has given me new orders." Peyton answered.
"You want me to bring her in i presume?" Sark asked as he finally tore his gaze away from the screen and looked directly at his partner.
Peyton nodded.
"Yes correct. . .And oh Cole said it will be okay if you bring her in harmed. . .He really made it clear that he doesnt care what condition you bring her in. . . ."
Sark smiled lazily.
"That will, im sure make it quite a pleasure. . ."

Please Review!

Back