Sloane's obsession

There are two odd things concerning Sloane that I noticed a while back.

1) He drinks water all the time, in the first three seasons especially. Is Sloane drinking clean water a clue leading up to the infected water and the Rage virus? Or is it just something else?

2) In episode 4.16 Another Mr. Sloane the inside of Sloane Cloane's office is shown. This office has two of everything.

alias416s06317ce.jpg

This is the best picture of the office I could find, and it doesn't show much but it does show two of the pens/statues/whatever on his desk. Only one green slanted pillar is shown, but there are two of them. Things that are not shown are two chairs in front of his desk and two bookcases. Those are the things that I can recall from memory right now but I'm sure there are more(when the camera pans backwards, it is very evident that there are two of literally everything).

Since Sloane Cloane is basically just a copy of Sloane, why is Sloane obsessed with "two"?

Just some things to think about.

Yer he mite always have a bottle of water handy to avoid drinking infected tap water

And also the fact that he is a clone mite be the reason for his obsession with two. Maybe inside his brain he subconciously has an obsession with things being doubled because he himself is

Hmm... that makes sense.

Also, sort of changing the subject and has nothing to do with Sloane, but in the episode 5.03 The Shed, Peyton breaks into a room and steals some vials. She steals two vials, and when she leaves, two mice are shown. Another appearance of two, but it has nothing to do with Sloane and it could be nothing.