whats with some people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to ask, whats with some people? sometimes people in forums can be extreamly rude and just plain mean and for no reason. I feel like sometimes i cant even post a reply about some topics with out someone jumping down my neck. why is it these people make you feel like you shouldnt have an opinion? the only reason i caome to this site is to talk about whats going on in alias and see what other people think. Its bad enough you have to deal with rude people out in the world, now we have to deal with them on the computer. I just wish people would think before typing and realise that its just topic discusion and not a debate. :(

I think it's cool here, actually...it's the most civilised forum I've been to. It's the only place I know where a conversation on the topic 'Atheism' can be had without some full scale argument breaking out. I think you've probably just caught some people on bad days...not an excuse, but its just unlucky that you caught them then. I've been to a lot, lot, lot worse forums than this, and haven't seen any better.

Jai

PS, do you consider it rude for me to remind you to close your tags? ;)

SMILE :smiley: There are way worse places than this!

You have a very good point Jai. Sometimes people just get very defensive when their offended in some way. You just have to understand that. I LOVE these forums because everyone is so friendly and i find it easier to express my opinion here then any other forums.

-eD

m<o>j said:
I think it's cool here, actually...it's the most civilised forum I've been to. It's the only place I know where a conversation on the topic 'Atheism' can be had without some full scale argument breaking out. I think you've probably just caught some people on bad days...not an excuse, but its just unlucky that you caught them then. I've been to a lot, lot, lot worse forums than this, and haven't seen any better.

Jai

PS, do you consider it rude for me to remind you to close your tags? ;)

SMILE :smiley: There are way worse places than this!
[post="1017606"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah... If you try something like slashdot, there could be full fledged flame wars going on within minutes of a post. Some of the people on there are just completely egotistical, self righteous and arrogant.

Jen, just don't pay attention to those people...this forums are just theirs as they are yours, so even if you feel like someone will jump down your neck because of your opinion, look around and you'll see...THEY WON'T. AllAlias.com is great. forums are great. you have like a million topics to give your opinion about, to participate.. so don't be shy to. a kiss darling :smiley:

I think it's cool here, actually...it's the most civilised forum I've been to.
That is very true. I think that because there is a huge range of nationalities on these boards, you don't get, for example, a huge group of die-hard religious people ganging up on people who don't hold the same religious views. I have been to other forums where I have been attacked constantly for having a different opinion. At least on this forum people - usually - even if they don't agree with you, will let you have an opinion.

Here you can debate a topic maturely, and of course there are going to be people who don't agree with you. It's not a personal attack.

Remember also that there is a huge age range here. There are a lot of adults, and we're probably more accustomed to expressing views that some younger people might take more personally. We're hardened warriors. :lol: :lol:

Learning to disagree is part of life. ;)

i def. agree this is the best forum i have ever been to and i have seen alot worse. Out of all the forum i have been to this one is by far the best and most civilized in topics and discussion. iim just sayn some people word things the wrong way and sometime its not in a nice way. heres the reason i posted this message: i asked a question in a topic about peoples ideas on lauren coming back in season 4, just to see what people thought about a possiblity. and this guy basically called me an ideot for bring it up. he just got really mean with his words and for what reason?? its just frustrating to me, 99.9% of the people i have talked to in this forum have been super nice but i guess some times you just get a few people who are having a bad day like some of you said. its just really annoying and uncalled for when someone jumps down your neck just for asking a simple question.

If you have a problem with someone in the forum, contact them directly to talk it out.

Do not start posts to talk about how mean they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back