Sci-Fi Childhood's End (2015) syfy

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Childhood's End

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2015-12-14

Creator: Matthew Graham

Cast: Colm Meaney, Mike Vogel, Julian McMahon, Charles Dance, Yael Stone, Daisy Betts, Ashley Zukerman, Charlotte Nicdao, Osy Ikhile, Hayley Magnus, Georgina Haig

Overview: The peaceful alien invasion of Earth by the mysterious “Overlords,” whose arrival begins decades of apparent utopia under indirect alien rule, at the cost of human identity and culture.
Childhood's End (2015) syfy

www.imdb.com/title/tt4146128
After peaceful aliens invade earth, humanity finds itself living in a utopia under the indirect rule of the aliens, but does this utopia come at a price?

Stars:
Jacob Holt, Hayley Magnus, Colm Meaney

Just in case your memory has faded here is the Radio Show

Series Premiere
Childhood's End: Season 1, Episode 1
The Overlords (2015)
TV Episode | Sci-Fi

I09 said:
Tywin Lannister (Charles Dance) sits front and center for the very first trailer for Syfy’s huge adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke’s famous alien invasion book Childhood’s End. This is a big deal, and it absolutely must be done correctly.

The story takes place after Earth has been peacefully invaded by an alien presence. The unknown alien Overlords have set up what appears to be an utopia for our future planet, but once you dig beneath the surface of this perfect new existence the reader discovers that not everything is on the up and up. It’s a stellar novel and really a must-read for all scifi fans.

Syfy is turning the classic work into a TV miniseries, and it would absolutely heartbreaking if they managed to mess this up. However, casting Game of Thrones’ Charles Dance as Karellen (the ambassador to the mysterious alien Overlords) is one major step in the right direction already. Fingers crossed! The series will premiere this December.

I see the first episode is available online now. Gunna wait till the whole season is available before watching it.
E1 - The Overlords - 2015-12-14 [ 34 Links ]
Watch Childhoods End Part HDTV x264 KILLERS mp4

MV5BMTQ5NDc3MjA1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDQzNDY0NzE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Saw the first two nights - WOW!!! - Heavy, solid, adult sci-fi. Good drama, good acting, directing, plot development. Science fiction but the way it is going should have appeal to horror fans as well.
Try it - You'll like it! I Can't imagine where it is going........???

For those watching, has it been following the book closely?
I never read the book - but did see the whole mini-series. Very well done, exciting, holds your attention.

BUT I did not like the finished product - did not like the ending. I will not give the ending away as it may
surprise some who never read the book - some might even like it. But don't expect 'and they all lived happily ever after'. Want that kind of ending, watch something else.