Season 5 Irina - how could she?!

SkyGirl5

Cadet
lets review:
- pretty much saying she never wanted sydney, was a crappy mother and oohh yea basically hates her
- put a hit out on vaughn (!!!!!!!!!!!) after warning vaughn and giving her approval for his engagement to sydney
- basically being a big time b****
- lying to everyone (no shock there really)

i used to be a huge HUGE spy mommy fan - used to
right now, i dont know that i will ever recover from thsi, because it pretty much destroys all of S2 for me
what happened to 2.22 "my love for you [sydney] and your father wasn't a contrivance"?!
what happened to S&R and Before The Flood - where she appeared to love her daughters

GAH!!!

thoughts? rants?

I'm really not very mad at her. The way they were playing her last season was lame and overly affectionate. I know she lied, etc. etc. but she's always had her own agenda. But she does love Sydney, no matter what she says. She delivered the baby... And she saved the baby before that. I think the Vaughn thing might sort itself out, now that
we know he's alive

Give her some time :P

She was talking about a agenda right before she killed Davenport! And we still don't know what her agenda really is!

that was so sad! Irina how could she do t hat to syd. i thought it was so sad that she told her she basically never wanted a kid. what is her secret agenda???

unless her secret agenda is ridding the world of all evil so that syd, vaughn and their babies can live in peace and harmony - she's still on my list <_<

I belive she is working with Jack or something, explains the message she was talking about ( a message she got from Jack) and why she new when Davenport was beeing transfered!

Because I really don't belive Jack is that stupid...

I'm not to sure. When she said that she chose to be an agent instead of a mother, that she didn't choose Sydney, I wanted to slap her or something. But I believe she's right. You can't be an agent and a mother without putting your baby in harm a lot. I think her coming back for Sydney though showed that she is TRYING a little to be a mother she never was

I don't know what to think of her but what i do know is that she does in a way, care for Syd. And I guess we will just have to wait to find out what her true agenda is. But i personally LOVE SPYMOMMY!

When Sydney ask her about the "truth takes time" what it really ment, Irina says "you like it to be simple.. It's never simple"

Could mean something... that her real agenda is something huge and complicated! And in the end we find out what it is, and we learn that Irina worked all along to protect Sydney..

i figure theres a small chance that she could be good. but theres only six episodes left. if they are gonna make her good, they shouldnt have given us every indication in this episode that she's completely evil.

if irina had any good in her, she wouldnt have ordered her guys to kill her daughter's fiance. she wouldnt have told syd that she never wanted a kid or any of that. she was a jerk. they shouldve given us some clue that she's not really evil. but they didn't.

i think that when she disappeared before, the writers didnt know where they were gonna take her character and they figured theyd just make something up when lena decided to come back. so now its the end of the series and they have to tie up loose ends and the writers got lazy, didnt know how to resolve the situation and make irina bad on the outside but good on the inside, so they just decided to make her bad.

I was one of the ones that thought she would eventually be bad, but after watching yesterdays show, I'm convinced that she is gonna turn out to be good in the end. Her badness came a little to quick for me, I don't buy any of it. I definantly think she was lying about not wanting syd as a baby, I think she was trying to make syd hate her for some reason. I just didn't buy any of it. Agent I love your banner.

i'm pretty sure irina and vaughn are working together. and I think she said that stuff so syd would let her leave, which would end up saving her and jack.

So check it out: I was extremely vexed by that whole scene with Irina and Syd, as she was going into labor. Obviously from my name, you can tell that Irina is my favorite - and it just did not fit within her character to say those things, so today I rewatched it and here are some observations and theories from me.

1. First, when Syd asked her if she put the hit out on Vaughn, Irina did not answer - obviously for some specific reason. Right after Syd asked her, she took a long look at Syd's belly and then seemed to make up her mind about what she was going to say - she then told Sydney that she had warned Vaughn in Sovogta (sp?), and that he didn't take her advice. She was making it sound like she DID have him killed, but the problem is this: in Sovogta, Irina didn't warn him at all - she encouraged him to tell Sydney the truth, which he DID, but she never WARNED him about stopping his investigation or anything. I think Irina wanted Sydney to believe she had Vaughn killed, but I don't know why. I don't think she would ever do that, because it would hurt Sydney (and as she said, the only reason she saved Sydney's baby was because she was her daughter).

2. Then Irina continued saying these seemingly mean things about not wanting a child, seeing what a mistake she'd made, choosing to fail at being a mother - however, when Syd REALLY began laboring, Irina couldn't leave her and you can see in her eyes how much she loves her daughter. Especially when she says "Sydney, you have a daughter" the love is pouring out of her eyes and her voice. So for whatever reason, Irina was saying these cold things.... but I don't necessarily believe them to be completely true.

So what does that leave us? I don't know why Irina was seemingly trying to make Sydney hate her all over again, but it seems that she was. And yes, going back to season 2 and 4, it's obvious that Irina has a lot of love for both Jack and Sydney (in a twisted sort of way! :blink: )

Maybe she was trying to motivate Sydney to press on, to keep going after Prophet Five, because Irina doesn't seem to be entirely on their side (on anyone's really). I'm pretty confused about where exactly Irina stands, what she's doing and her "end game."

But I still love her!

Oh, and for the record... the part where Jack said to her was "I thought I killed you once, this time I'll do a more thorough job" was, I thought, one of the best lines ever on Alias!!

When Sydney ask her about the "truth takes time" what it really ment, Irina says "you like it to be simple.. It's never simple"

Could mean something... that her real agenda is something huge and complicated! And in the end we find out what it is, and we learn that Irina worked all along to protect Sydney..

this is quite a good theory and it would make for a nice happy ending to alias - but i am not convinced happy endings are what the shows about - although i do believe that although Irina states she never wanted ot be a mother etc she has never once tried to harm syd and does always seem to protect her in some way so it would make sense as far as the character goes.

as irinarules said:

Irina never admitted to putting a hit out on Vaughn - and although she said she told Vaughn to stop, she actually just told him to share things with Sydney. Both of these make me totally convinced that Irina was NOT anything to do with Vaughn's shooting. I do not believe that Irina would ever let her daughter suffer in that way - regardless of anything related to an agency or a mission - Irina does care about sydney.

All I hope for the character of Irina is that we do finally learn what her end game is - because it wouldn't suprise me if we are left still unsure where her true loyalities lie and that would be so annoying!!!! :smiley:

She was making it sound like she DID have him killed, but the problem is this: in Sovogta, Irina didn't warn him at all - she encouraged him to tell Sydney the truth, which he DID, but she never WARNED him about stopping his investigation or anything. I think Irina wanted Sydney to believe she had Vaughn killed, but I don't know why. I don't think she would ever do that, because it would hurt Sydney (and as she said, the only reason she saved Sydney's baby was because she was her daughter).

2. Then Irina continued saying these seemingly mean things about not wanting a child, seeing what a mistake she'd made, choosing to fail at being a mother - however, when Syd REALLY began laboring, Irina couldn't leave her and you can see in her eyes how much she loves her daughter. Especially when she says "Sydney, you have a daughter" the love is pouring out of her eyes and her voice. So for whatever reason, Irina was saying these cold things.... but I don't necessarily believe them to be completely true.

Oh, and for the record... the part where Jack said to her was "I thought I killed you once, this time I'll do a more thorough job" was, I thought, one of the best lines ever on Alias!!
first - yes exactly!! thats what i thought too (and actually what i ranted about to my mother, who didnt care at all) - irina DIDNT warn vaughn in savogta - and if she TRUELY wanted him dead - why didnt she just kill him then and there and blame it on the zombies? chances are that sydney/jack may have believed her a little bit especailly after seeing what the zombies did to nadia

second - yes, the second part of that scene did make it seem like irina loved sydney especially since she could have just fleed - but she didnt

and third, i definitely agree - that line was one of the best ever - it just oozes of jacks' orginal hatred and loathing for his "wife"

All I hope for the character of Irina is that we do finally learn what her end game is - because it wouldn't suprise me if we are left still unsure where her true loyalities lie and that would be so annoying!!!! :smiley:
agreed, definitely.
*sigh* if that happened i'd just have to fix it in fic-world with the help of the denial bubble :angelic:
:P

Agent I love your banner.

Thank you ;)

How many episode is Irina really in? Because they really need some time to explain all this!

What if she is working for the CIA, as a double agent on a mission with Alpha Black clearence :P

She said something about searching for the Horizon for over 30 years! Dr Desantis also said something about looking for the Horizon for over 30 years! Maybe Irina has been a double all along! And she is working on something HUGE and complicated Since she also said to Syd when she was asking about "truth takes time" she said "you like it to be simple... It's never simple"

Irina did tell Sydney that she could've killed her when she was a baby in the season 2 premiere and she didn't mean it there. It is definitely hard to be a spy and a mom, that's what Irina was saying. And I don't think we should take everything she said at face value, though it was pretty cruel to say that she realized that she didn't want Sydney. But this might be a trick. I'm just going to wait and see.

Back