Popular

Syd_Vaughn 4ver

Wish upon a star...
Hey ^_^

I'm posting this story over at SD-1, an I thought I'd give it a try over here :P So here it goes:

Title: Popular
Summary:Will Syd give up her popularity for the guy of her dreams? Charmed characters included.
Spoilers: None, totally AU!!
Ships: S/V of course, Piper/Leo, Phoebe/Cole, Francie?Will, an any others that i come across :smiley:
Disclaimer: I obviously don't own Charmed or Alias... :thinking: lol

A/N: Right.....Danny and Sydney are going out, Vaughn has just arrived from France Francie, Piper, Phoebe, Leo, Cole, and Will are all Syd's popular friends Jack, Irina and Sloane are teachers in the school, and Dixon is the Principal. An there isn't gonna be any spying or magic!! I think that covers everything!

Chapter 1

For the first time in two months, Sydney Bristow was walking through the crowded halls of her high school. She hated returning after the holidays, but she was quite looking forward to catching up with all the gossip from the past couple of weeks. She had remained in LA for the duration of the holidays, as her parents were separated, and each had decided to concentrate on work, rather than going away. It was bad enough that her parents were separated, but they were both teachers in her school. Her mother taught English Literature, and her father was a History teacher. Being at school was the only time that Sydney ever got to see her parents under the same roof, so she was thankful in a way, that she had to attend.

Opening her locker, she could hear the people around her sharing stories about the summer holidays. She began thinking back to her own holiday, which was just as exciting as the other vacations. She had spent most of her time hanging out with all her friends and her boyfriend Danny. As they were the most popular people in the school, they were always invited to the various parties that took place over the summer. She laughed to herself, as she remembered all the fun they had. Placing her books in her locker, she heard someone clear their throat behind her.

She turned, and saw the cutest guy she had ever seen in her life. He had brown messy hair, and she couldn’t believe how green his eyes were. Seeing him standing there dressed casually in jeans, and a black T-shirt, she felt as though her heart skipped a beat.

“Er…erm, hi. I was wondering if you could show me where room 15 is please?” He asked smiling at her. He spoke with what seemed like an American accent, but there was also a small hint of French in there.

“Yeah sure. I’m going that way now, so I’ll show you where it is.” She smiled back at him, and as she turned around, a big grin covering her face. She took out various books, and closed the door to her locker.

She walked away from the crowds and down the corridor with this mystery guy walking by her side. “I’m Sydney Bristow by the way.” She said flashing another smile at him. “Michael. Michael Vaughn.” He couldn’t believe how nice she was being to him. He realised that she was only showing him where a room was, but he knew straight away that he liked her a lot.

“So…is this your first day here Michael?” She asked. Some people around them were glancing their way as they walked past, probably wondering what the most popular girl in school was doing with some random guy that nobody knew.

“Yeah, I moved here at the start of the summer with my mom. And as you can probably tell, I have absolutely no idea where I am going.” He laughed nervously. “What part of France are you from?” She felt silly asking all these questions, but it was a long walk to the room he was going to, and she didn’t feel like walking in silence.
“How did you know I was from France?” He asked, a puzzled look spreading across his face. “I’m psychic.” She paused laughing. She wished that she had a camera with her, because the look on Michael’s face was priceless. “No, your accent gives you away.”

He blushed slightly. “Busted. We moved from Paris. It was quite strange leaving as I’ve lived there all my life. But hopefully living in California should be fun.” They stopped outside a tall red door, labelled History. “Here we are.” Sydney motioned to the door.

“Thanks. God, you wouldn’t believe how nervous I am.” His face looked quite worried. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine. The teacher is not all the bad.” She was trying her best to reassure him.

“Really? Do you know him?”
“Yeah, you could say that. He’s erm…he’s my father.” She smiled. She loved the reaction, which she got from people when they found out that Mr. Bristow was her father. They both laughed a little. “You best get inside.” She said jokingly. He nodded turning to leave. Sydney began to walk away, when she stopped and turned around. “Michael?” He looked over at her. “If you ever need somebody to show you around town, come and find me, ok?” She couldn’t help but smile at him. She knew that Danny would go mental if he found out that she was talking to this guy. He always gets jealous very easily. But she decided that she wouldn’t let him stop her from becoming friends with this guy.

“Thanks Syd.” He looked at her one last time, before entering his first lesson. She walked away from room 15 feeling just as happy as she did during the summer. No one had ever called her Syd before. But after hearing Michael say it, she decided that she liked the name a lot.

~

So what do y'all think?

I'll post more soon!!

Bye

~lianne~ ;)

Hi :D

Here's the next chapter :P

Chapter 2:

Sydney sat in Maths class, staring out of the window. She wasn’t exactly concentrating on the lesson, not that she ever did. She was watching some of the younger students playing tennis on the playing field, even though she wasn’t paying much attention to them. She was too busy thinking about Michael. There was just something about him, which she really liked, but she couldn’t quite figure out what it was. Maybe it was the fact that he was from France, or maybe it was just because he was the cutest guy she had ever seen. Her thoughts were disrupted by the school bell ringing, indicating that it was time for lunch. She gathered her things and headed out of the classroom. Trying to shake all thoughts of Michael out of her head, she ran to catch up with one of her best friends, Phoebe Halliwell, who was also heading towards the cafeteria.

“Hey Pheebs!” She said, after catching her up.

“Oh, hey Sydney! Are you coming to lunch?” Phoebe asked with a smile. Sydney nodded and they walked arm in arm down the corridor.

“I love your jacket.” Sydney said, admiring the new jacket, which Phoebe was wearing.

“Thanks. It was on sale, when I went shopping at the weekend.” Phoebe added, clearly proud of her latest purchase. Phoebe spent a lot of her time at the mall, trying on new outfits. That was one of the reasons why Sydney liked her so much, she had such great fashion sense, and she was always fun to shop with, unlike Danny. Whenever Syd had tried to shop with her boyfriend, they ended up getting into a fight over how long she spent in each shop. So she always tried her best to avoid shopping with him.

The two girls entered the cafeteria laughing, as Phoebe was sharing stories about her recent trip to the mall. Sydney spotted their friends sitting at their usual table, so once Phoebe had finished telling her story about how she had tried on a top that was the wrong size, and ended up getting stuck in it, she made her way over to them.

“Hey guys.” She smiled at her group of friends, before taking a seat next to Danny. She quickly kissed him on the cheek before turning her attention on her friends.

“What are you guys talking about?” She asked talking a handful of Cole’s fries. He looked at her in shock, and tried his best to put on an angry face for her stealing some of his food. But he couldn’t manage to keep a straight face, and she ended up laughing at his pathetic attempt.

“We were just discussing Saturday.” Piper answered, referring to Leo’s birthday party. Brushing her fringe from her face, Piper continued. “You guys are coming together right?” She looked at both Danny and Sydney.

Danny put his arm around Sydney, pulling her towards him for a hug. “Of course we are.” Sydney just smiled.

“Shall we go shopping after school?” Phoebe asked, looking at Piper, Francie, Sydney and Paige. The thought of getting to buy another outfit made Phoebe eager for the school day to be over.

“Oh, any excuse for you to buy more clothes.” Paige jokingly said to her sister. Paige was always thankful for having sisters. She loved Piper and Phoebe so much, and it was great that they were not only sisters, they were best friends. Phoebe playfully hit her younger sister on the arm.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Vaughn made his way to the cafeteria. He had spent all morning thinking about Sydney. The most beautiful girl he had ever met. He hoped that he would get to know her a little bit better. He realised that a girl as great as Syd must already have a boyfriend, so he would just have to settle at being her friend. The cafeteria was full of pupils sharing stories about their vacation. He bought his lunch, and looked around for Eric Weiss. He had met Weiss, as he preferred to call him, in the history class that morning, and the two of them had hit it off right away. Weiss had a really good sense of humour, and he was always cracking jokes. He had told Vaughn to come and find him in the cafeteria, which was proving to be a harder task than Vaughn had first thought. After about a minute of standing around looking like a lost sheep, Vaughn finally spotted him sitting eating a hamburger.

Walking over, he scanned around looking at the various people who were eating in the room. There was table in the far corner, which appeared to be were all the geeks ate lunch. The other tables were filled with other groups of people. The chess club all sat together, probably because nobody else would talk to them. The students who played in the school band all sat on one table, but they didn’t actually fill all the seats around the table, as not many people auditioned to be in the band. That’s when he saw her. Sydney. She was sat on a table in the centre of the room with a group her friends. He didn’t recognise any of the people who she was sitting with, but that didn’t matter to him. All he was bothered about was her. He realised that he would have to walk past her table to get to Weiss. Talking a deep breath he began to walk over to Weiss. As he pasted her table he looked over at her and smiled. To his surprise she smiled back and then she spoke to him.

“Hey Michael!” The group of people who she was sitting with stopped what they were doing and turned to look at him. The girls all smiled at him, amazed at how hot he was. The guys feeling jealous at how their girlfriends were acting, all just looking coldly at him.

“Hey Syd.” He replied with an another dazzling smile, and then he carried on making his way over to Eric. Taking a seat opposite his new friend Vaughn tried his hardest to suppress the grin, which was taking over his face.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Over at Sydney’s table

“WOW” Was all that Piper, Phoebe, Paige and Francie could manage to say. Sydney just sat smiling. She was so happy that she had seen him again, and he had remembered who she was. Finally Francie asked the question that they had all been wondering.

“Who was that?” She asked her eyes wide in anticipation.

“His name is Michael. He just moved here from Paris.” Sydney’s smile widened as she spoke about him. Danny looked at Cole and Leo and he could see that they were as annoyed by this as he was.

“Paris? Seriously?” Sydney nodded to Paige in answer to her question.

“See something you like sis?” Piper asked jokingly.

“Are you kidding me? He’s absolutely gorgeous, and he’s from Paris, the city of romance. What could be hotter than that.” The girls all laughed at how Paige was talking. Except for Sydney. She didn’t like the thought of somebody else fancying Michael. Even though she knew that she couldn’t have him, she didn’t want someone else to have him, even if that someone turned out to be one of her best friends. “Where did you find him anyways Sydney?”

“He asked me directions to the history room this morning, and we got talking.” She glanced over at him as she spoke, and she was shocked to see that he was looking at her. Both feeling slightly embarrassed at being caught looking at each other, the quickly looked away.

Over at Vaughn’s table.

“Ok, just who are you looking at?” Weiss asked, turning to look in the direction where Vaughn had been looking. It then became clear to him. Every guy in the school had had a crush on Sydney Bristow at one time or the other, himself included.

“That’s Sydney Bristow. She’s like the most popular girl here at Kennedy High…” Weiss started to tell him who she was, but Vaughn interrupted him.

“I know who she is. We spoke this morning.” Vaughn looked at Weiss, and watched him nearly choke on a bite of his hamburger.

“What?!? Let me get this straight, you spoke to Sydney Bristow?”

“Yeah. Why what’s the big deal?” Vaughn took a sip of his soda, as he waited for Eric to explain what the problem was.

“Girls like that don’t talk to guys like us. It’s just the way it goes.”

“Who are those people she’s sitting with.” He glanced over at the group of people who were sitting with her.

“Right, you know how in every high school, there are that small selective group of people who are above everybody else because they are just so cool.” Vaughn nodded. “Well the people who she’s sitting with, that’s them. He turned to look at them. The girl with the long brown hair, that’s Piper Halliwell, and the guy she’s sitting next to is Leo Wyatt, and they’ve been dating for about 2 years. Phoebe Halliwell is sitting opposite Piper, and her boyfriend Cole Turner is the one with his arm around her. Francie Calfo and Will Tippin are the two sitting at the end of the table. Paige Matthews is Phoebe and Piper half sister, and she is the one with red hair. And then we have Sydney Bristow and her boyfriend Danny Hecht…”

“She has a boyfriend?” Although he had already guessed that she was seeing someone, he didn’t like to hear it.

“Yeah, everybody thinks that they will be named this year’s prom king and queen. He’s the head of the football team, and Will, Leo and Cole are all on the team. And then Sydney and the girls are Kennedy High’s cheerleaders.” Although Weiss was talking to him, Vaughn wasn’t listening. He was too busy looking at Sydney and wishing that she were single.

~

;) I'll post more soon!!

thanx for reading!!

bye!

lianne

Hey, here's the next chapter for you all!!! ^_^

Chapter 3

After lunch hour had ended, Sydney and Danny made their way to the chemistry room, for what was gonna be another boring science lesson. Danny kissed his girlfriend goodbye as he took his seat on the far side of the room, and she took hers on the other. They had got there quite early, as the room was still filling with reluctant students who were wishing that they were somewhere else. Sydney noticed Piper and Phoebe walk in, closely followed by Francie and Paige. The girls all smiled at each other, and sat down at the desk infront of Syd. There was no one sitting next to Sydney, as her lab partner had moved to Spain during the summer, so she just sat there quietly wishing for the next hour to pass quickly.

Vaughn and Weiss walked slowly into the room, amazed to find that the teacher had not yet showed up. None of the other students seemed bothered by this, as it gave them even more time to catch up on gossip from their vacations. “I’m guessing that we should find ourselves a seat!” Weiss said shrugging his shoulder. He looked around the room to see that there were not many seats available, so finding a seat could be more difficult that he thought. As they walked down the centre of the room, various heads turned to look at Michael, many of the girls wondering who the new hotty was, and many of the guys not liking the attention that their girlfriends were paying to the new kid.

Michael stopped as he saw Sydney again. He hadn’t known that they would be in the same class, but suddenly he had a feeling that the chemistry lesson wouldn’t be all that boring. “Hey Syd!” He said smiling at her. She was taking by surprise, as she hadn’t seen him walk in. “Oh, hey Michael.” She replied, smiling just as much as he was. “Is this seat taken?” He asked looking down at the empty seat beside her.

“No, it’s not.” She said removing her bags, so that he could sit down. “Thanks.” He sat down, not believing that he was actually sitting next to the girl that he had been thinking about all day.

“Hey man, I’m gonna go and find another seat…” Eric said turning to leave.

“No, wait.” He turned to face Sydney, shocked that she was even talking to him. “Why don’t you come and sit with us?” Sydney hadn’t spoken to Eric much, but she was sure that he was a nice guy.

“It’s ok, I’ll go and sit somewhere else.” He was unsure how to act around her, after all she was the most popular girl in the school.

“Eric, I’m not taking no for an answer. No sit!” She said laughing. She knows my name…She knows MY name!!! These thoughts were running through Weiss’s mind as he picked up a stool and sat at the end of the row next to Vaughn. Sydney smiled at them both, relieved that she would no longer have to sit on her own, and thankfully that she could now get to know Michael a little better.

“I’m warning you now, that this lesson is such a drag.” She told them, trying her best to ignore the looks that she was getting from the other girls in the room, especially Paige.

“You don’t like chemistry?” Vaughn asked.

“Oh, I’m all for chemistry…just not the subject!” She smiled flirtatiously at him. Realising what she was doing, she looked down at the table, feeling her cheeks turn red. I cannot believe that I just said that! What is up with me? Oh, I’m all for chemistry…just not the subject! Why did I say that?!? Vaughn could tell that she was embarrassed by her own remark, so he decided not to comment. But secretly inside, he was ecstatic by her reply; he got the feeling that she was flirting with him. Weiss sat silently at the end of the table. He had heard what she just said, and he knew that Vaughn liked her, and he was getting the impression that this wasn’t a one way thing.

“So what’s the teacher like?” Vaughn asked, trying to quickly change the subject.

“Sloane? He can be quite strict at times, but he’s a good teacher.” Eric answered. Sydney put her embarrassment aside and decided to join in the conversation. “Yeah he can sometimes be a nice person I suppose, but I guess I’m a bit biased as I’ve known him since I was little.”

“Oh yeah, that’s right. Isn’t he like friends with your dad?” It fascinated Weiss just how much he knew about Sydney Bristow, even though she probably didn’t even know his last name.

“Yeah, he’s been a family friend for years. Him and his wife Emily always used to come over and have dinner with my parents.” She couldn’t believe that she was telling them this. She hardly ever talked about her family to anyone, not even Danny.

The room fell silent as Arvin Sloane entered the room. He was quite a small man, with grey hair and a grey beard, which covered most of the bottom half of his face. He was dressed as always in a black suit, accompanied with a blue tie. “Class, I’m sorry that I’m late but I have to leave again to take care of some business. I’ll be at least 15 minutes. So I’m sure that you guys can find something quiet to do whilst I’m gone.” He picked up some files from the middle drawer of his desk, and then left the room, shutting the door firmly behind him.

“See, he’s not that bad.” Joked Sydney. Francie, who was sitting at the desk infront of Syd with Paige, turned around. “Hey Sydney, come and talk to us.” She said as Piper and Phoebe got up to sit next to their sister.

“I’m fine here thanks.” She replied. Her friends meant a lot to her, but for now she was happy to sit and get to know her two new friends. “Oh…” Francie was clearly taken back by Syd’s refusal. “Okay.” She turned back around mumbling something, which Sydney couldn’t hear. Rolling her eyes, Sydney continued the conversation, which she was having with Michael and Eric.

“So did you guys just meet today?” She asked, twisting a lose strand of hair around her finger.

“Yeah, Vaughn and I met this morning in the history class.” Weiss said patting his friend on the back.

“Oh right. So everybody calls you Vaughn then?” She liked the sound of ‘Vaughn.’ It sounded so French…so hot.

“Well no not really. Weiss is the first person to call me it actually.”

“I like it, it’s cute!” She said a smile spreading her face. Vaughn couldn’t hide the grin that her comment had created. He ran his hand through his hair, trying his best to cover how happy Syd calling his name cute, had made him. Sydney had noticed the effect that her remark had on him, and she tried her best not to laugh. “So I take it that you like being called Weiss?” She added.

“I don’t mind really, you can call me whatever you like. But are you gonna tell me that my name’s cute too, so that I can grin as much as he his!” He pointed at Vaughn, who wasn’t exactly amused by his comment. Vaughn glared at him, shocked at what he had just said. “Hey I have a name for you…it begins with a J, and ends in ass!” Weiss playfully hit him on the arm. “Now we all no that I could never pull of the name Jackass.” Weiss laughed at his friend’s bad attempt at a joke.

“Now, now boys play nicely.” She laughed at the pair of them. She liked Weiss, he was funny and he had a great personality. And then there was Vaughn. There was no doubt about it she definitely liked him.

“So how are you liking California so far Vaughn?” He liked the way she said his last name. She made it sound so sexy.

“It’s been great so far. The people are really friendly…” He looked at her as he said that, not quite sure if he meant people in general, or just her. “And the neighbourhood which were moved to is really nice.” He sensed that somebody was looking at him, so he turned to see Danny and a couple of other guys staring at him. Choosing to ignore their looks, he turned back around and focused on Sydney. God she’s beautiful.

“Where abouts did you move to?” Weiss asked, nibbling on the edge of his pen.

“Erm…just off Valley Boulevard.” He replied.

“OMG! That’s like two blocks away from where I live.” Said Sydney in total amazement. “Hey, are you walking home after school?” Vaughn nodded. She couldn’t believe what she was doing again. “Do you wanna walk home together? It’ll give me a chance to get to know you a little better?”

“I would love to Syd.” He replied, this time not even bothering to hide his smile.

~

lol so what do yas think?

i'll post more soon!!

pm's on the way :P

~lianne~

ok time for Danny to go!!!!!

Just get S/V together and it will all be good...lol ;)

Nice update write more soon!

Thanx for the PM's too!

Back