Starting Over

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

Title: Starting Over
Genre: S/V AU - angst to start - Syd's POV
Summary: A mere few days before her wedding, Sydney Bristow runs into her fomer fiance, a man who left her at the alter nearly four years earlier.

Prologue
Sometimes fate can be a real bitch. I’m serious, it can. Well, maybe not. You see, I don’t believe in fate anymore, but if I did, she’d be a real bitch. I used to believe. I believed it... fate, soul mates, true love and all that jazz. I believed in all of it, every little part of it whole heartedly and with everything I had. Then, in perhaps another cruel twist of fate, my whole world was destroyed and my heart was ripped out, taking any idealistic hopes and dreams I had with it. That’s when I stopped believing and became a realist...perhaps on the cynical side of real.

Fate doesn’t exist. We don’t have soul mates. There is no life predetermined for us. We just live day by day the best we can, making choices as we go along. Sometimes those choices are the right ones for us, sometimes they’re not. Love... yeah, it’s there, but it’s not powerful enough to move mountains or change you. It’s just there.

Almost four years ago I was in, what I thought at the time was, the best relationship in the world. I was in love, head over heels in love with a wonderful man who I thought was my soul mate.

Wonderful. Ha. Yeah, that’s what I thought. Wonderful until he left me at the alter on our wedding day and I haven’t spoken to him since. For a while, I was convinced I never loved him, but that was just the anger, hatred and betrayal blinding me. Sure I’m pissed at him, I probably always will be. And yeah, a tiny little part of me hates him but mostly I’m hurt, crushed, devastated. He used to be my everything. He used to be my strength. He used to be.... well I never thought he could hurt me. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have thought he would be capable of hurting me this badly. But he did, and though I’d like to say I’m over it and that I’ve moved on, it would be a lie. Yeah, I moved on from him but if I said the words “I don’t love him” aloud, they’d be an utter lie. He was my first love and though I still believe fate and soul mates don’t exist, I know that I’ll never truly stop loving him.

That’s why fate’s a bitch.

It’s been three years, two hundred and fifty-seven days and now, once again, I’m face to face with Michael Vaughn and I have no idea what to do or say. All I can do is breathe, or try to anyway as he stares at me with his brilliant green eyes, looking just as stunned and nervous as I am.

yep that's all ya get
but i intrigued you, did i?
:angelic: i promise there will be a normal sized chap tomorrow

1st?? :woot:

ok im going to read it now :D

omg i love it
this sounds great
can you please pm me

why would he leave her at the alter.....what a silly man

Oh my god, this Vaughn is mean. He'd better have a good explanation for leaving her. :angry: I'm mad at him for hurting Syd.

Please send me a PM when you update!!! :D

*jaw drops* my gosh wtf what the hecks happening
argh i hate / love this
argh
fix it please
like right now

woaaaaah! :jawdrop:
he must have had a good reason for leaving like this on her wedding day.
awesooooome! :woot: can't wait for more!
pm me please!

Amazing!!!!
Please keep me on your pm list!!!!
And thank you so much for the wonderful stories that every day you share with us!

Bye!

I'm intrigued :blink: Why did Vaughn leave Syd on their wedding day? :confused:

There must be a good reason to that, right?

I definitely want to know what's coming next, so please keep me on your pm list :blush:

Thanks

Sab

:love: :angel2:

Oooh.... nice and angsty!

Why on earth would Vaughn leave her the day of her wedding??
And who;s she marrying now?

Can't wait to find out!!

Please keep me on the PM list! Thanks!

Definitely an interesting start to a new fic. I can't wait to read more.

Please put me on the pm list.

Great start...:smiley:

I wonder why he left her without a word...I hope he has a good explanation...

Please keep PMing me because I'm definitely intrigued...

PS: How many chapters is this story??? :smiley:

Back