The Goblet of Fire

I love the newest promo. Especially the ferret spot. That's just the funniest thing ever.

I think it's like 14 days and 12 hours and 59 minutes until it opens.

I've decided not to watch it when it first comes out. I'll see it a week or 2 after so it's not as hectic. So now I have to avoid all my friends who see it.

lol Jaimie I'm the complete opposite of you. I wanna go Friday or Saturday to see it. I'm probably gonna go twice, once with the family, and another with a friend.

I CANT WAIT :thud:

My friends went to the NY premiere. And one of them f***ing (woah. I had to censor it myself) hugged Rupert Grint (Ron) :thud: :thud: :thud: And this other one (my closer friend) hugged Robert Patterson (Cedric) :thud:

I'm jealous beyond jealous. And...they've got beautiful pics of like everyone. And autographs too of the twins, Voldermort, Neville :thud: Cept Daniel and Emma were hardly seen :hmm: I keep switching btwn real names and character names ^_^

God. I'm talking as if I was there. Oh how I wish I was *sigh*

you guys are lucky...i have to wait another 16 days.
in the land down under, Australia, it GoF comes out on the 1st of december...it is just cruel to make us Aussies wait that long.
i hope that they make this movie good, cause GoF is one of my favourite books along with PoA and HBP.
by the way, i love harry's mullet but i love it short as well. but i feel sorry for ron's mullet...it doesn't suit him.
i can't wait for rove tonight he is interviewing daniel radcliffe.
i'm excited

Just saw it and I must say that it was my favorite out of all of them. And this is coming from the same person who originally despised the first two because they didn't stay 100% true to the books.

I'm a huge fan of the books first and foremost. That being said I have slowly been able to accept the movies as good. I wasn't a fan at first, but the key to enjoying them is to completely separate them from the books. Trust me, I know it's hard to do, but that's one of the only ways you'll be able to enjoy it. If you aren't sitting in the theater nit picking that they left out the story line about Rita Skeeter then you'll be able to enjoy the awesome special effects.

I have to understand that not all of the material can be covered in the movies. Goodness, this movie was nearly 3 hours long and it did leave out a lot. I was still impressed. I've just come to realize that it is not the same thing as the book and there is no use in me trying to compare and contrast the two. If you can, try to look at this movie (and all of them for that matter) as separate entitites, then maybe more people can appreciate them.

I did miss Richard Harris dearly though -_-

I CANT WAIT :thud:

My friends went to the NY premiere. And one of them f***ing (woah. I had to censor it myself) hugged Rupert Grint (Ron) :thud: :thud: :thud: And this other one (my closer friend) hugged Robert Patterson (Cedric) :thud:

I'm jealous beyond jealous. And...they've got beautiful pics of like everyone. And autographs too of the twins, Voldermort, Neville :thud: Cept Daniel and Emma were hardly seen :hmm: I keep switching btwn real names and character names ^_^

God. I'm talking as if I was there. Oh how I wish I was *sigh*

Cynth..step AWAY from the THUD smiley. Step away. :lol: :lol:

Mike Newell definitely emphasized the fact that the fourth installment marks the point where "everything will change". Personally, I felt Hermione's character could have been better developed. She had some good lines, but the overemotional part, I’m not so fond of. On the other hand, Ron was a good exposition of the character from the book. I also liked how the beginning was a bit humorous but it also undermined the seriousness of the ending; it seemed like it was two distinct parts. The Yule Ball was done wonderfully because of the choreography and camera angles. I felt even more sorry for the Patil twins in the movie than the book (don't get me started on why they were wearing traditional Indian attire and Cho was in an Asian garb). I was even more disappointed in the casting of the girl for Cho because I think she would've lost her New Zealand/Singapore/weird accent in the movie, but she didn't. I am a bit torn between whether Dumbledore's change in personality was good or bad. He definitely seems more human because he has more emotions in this one. It came off a bit strong at points, but they were there. I also liked the awkwardness between Harry/Cho and Ron/Fleur. However, I think Daniel emphasizes that too much in interviews with the press. This leads me to something that was very disturbing in my opinion. The scene with Moaning Myrtle and Harry in the tub seemed funnier in the book. In the movie it was more like "Ew. Moaning Myrtle stop rubbing yourself against Harry’s naked body.” This also reminds me of the end of the Yule Ball scene. Was it just me or did everyone else think back to senior prom and think, “I wonder how many people are gonna get some tonight.” But then you think, “Whoa! These people are like 14 year old.” Also, Krum and Hermione, can anyone say pedophile? He is probably older than 18 to be competing with the pros in the Quidditch World Cup and he’s hitting on a high school freshman? That’s a bit creepy. At least it was Hermione and not Ron, cuz that totally would’ve been too Michael Jackson. “[Krum] is more of a physical being.” Hagrid and Madame Maxine were funny at times except that one time where they almost kissed. And what the heck happened to Malfoy? He’s turning from a minor character to a non-existent character. While we’re on the topic of non-existent characters, it brings me to my final point of Cedric. His death seemed way sadder in the movie than the book. I dunno, it struck a chord with me. I loved how during the scene where the whole school is assembled in the Great Hall, the visual details of the scene beautifully showed the emotion in the room. First, the Hall had black cloth hanging from the ceiling like it was his funeral. Second, the Hall resembled the inside of a cathedral, which I’ve never noticed before. Lastly, the ceiling was completely devoid of the usual sky façade and you were able to see the bare woodwork that actually holds up the ceiling completely exposed and vulnerable. Overall, it was a good transition to what the future has in store for Hogwarts and Harry.

3 stars out of 5

PS. i have been corrected that Krum is just a good Quidditch player and still in secondary school. but he looks like he's gotta be at least 20.

i'm a little behind but i FINALLY saw this and i def. liked it the best out of all of them
the weasely twins and ron just like make the movie - they're AWESOME
hagrid and madam maxine were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny
and of course ferret!malfoy

i saw the movie on the third day that it was out
which was on the 3rd of december
i loved it
and i love the way it has turned out
but with me being me...
i cried when Cedric died
it was so sad :cry:

by way
Daniel was sooooooooooooooo hot on rove

I saw the movie only a few hours ago and I cried at the end!!!
It was one of the best HP, no, it was the best Harry Potter for me. I'm sure the next movie will be as good as this one, well I hope so :lol:

I know! I'm so happy that they're keeping everyone for at least one more film. In my opinion, Dan and everyone should stay for all 7. But I don't konw what they'll do. -_-

Back