The Weekend

SkyGirl5

Cadet
:hi:

So after the tragedy that is S5 i was like... ok, we need some s2 fluffage... so why not take off of The Counteragent? :D

Title: The Weekend
Genre: S/V fluffy with a little bit of angst cuz i cant resist
Summary: What if Vaughn had caught up to Sydney at the end of 2.07 The Counteragent?

Chapter 1
Vaughn was unnerved after his visit with Irina, then again, when wasn’t he? The things she had said... they couldn’t be taken at face value, of course. She was a wicked person, who clearly had ulterior motives. But, could her daughter’s happiness have been one of them?

Vaughn shook it off, he couldn’t think about the fact that Irina Derevko, the woman who killed his father, might have actually had a valid point about something. He needed to go see Sydney. He needed to thank her, after all she had saved his life for, what was it? The hundredth time? Well, maybe not quite that many. There was Cap Ferrat and this, and others too, but the most important life saver of all was that she was Sydney, his Sydney, in his life every day, the reason he got out of bed.

He needed to thank her, but this time, he wasn’t exactly looking forward to their encounter. Sydney had met Alice. Alice had told him this. Well, Alice had said she met Rita, but Vaughn knew what that meant. It meant he felt sick to his stomach. What was he supposed to say? He couldn’t have Sydney, what was there to do? He knew what he wanted to do, but there was protocol and their lives were at stake. Perhaps Weiss would have called him an idiot, had he been there, though it was hard to say since Weiss tended to run hot and cold on the ‘Sydney issue’. Vaughn couldn’t disagree; he was an idiot. A stupid, stupid idiot who was about to shove his stupid foot further into his mouth.

He pushed open the doors and immediately she saw him and smiled. “Hi,” she sighed as she walked over to him.

His heart jumped slightly, as it always did upon hearing her voice. It also ached because he saw she was crying. “Hi,” he sighed back. She took a step forward and put her arms around his neck, sighing a ragged breath into his shoulder, thankful that he was safe again. “Thank you,” Vaughn told her, knowing that no words could ever express his indebted gratitude to her for simply existing. She pulled back and gave him one of her soft, perfect smiles.

“I heard about Sark,” Vaughn told her, having heard the entire thing from Jack, who was less than thrilled.

“Sloane actually brought Sark to the Alliance and presented him as their new ally.”

“How did that go over?”

“Apparently, Sark was a big hit. And thanks to me, Sloane’s standing has never been higher,” she said bitterly, almost in a self-loathing way.

No, thanks to me, Vaughn thought as he dropped his eyes to the floor. “I heard you met Alice....,” he began. This was the part of their conversation he was dreading.

Sydney nodded slowly. “She seems nice.”

“Yeah, she is,” he said. “She’s a good person. We have a lot of history, we’re trying to.... you know we broke up,” he said, trying to formulate some semblance of an explanation but knowing that from the look in her eyes, there was no possible words that could placate her.

“Yeah, you mentioned that.”

“Yeah. A couple of months later, we saw each other at a friends and-”

“You don’t have to explain,” she interrupted him. Honestly, she didn’t want to hear it; she didn’t want to know anything about him and her.

“No, I know, but I want to. If things were the other way around...”

“Seriously,” she said. “Don’t explain.” Vaughn’s heart broke at the expression on her face, but what as was there to do? “I’ll see you tomorrow,” she told him before turning and walking away. In that moment, it took all his self-control not to follow her. But then he realized, why wasn’t he following her?

Maybe Irina was right, a thought he positively loathed, but maybe she was. Sydney was out there hurting, thinking he didn’t care; thinking that he cared more about Alice than her, which couldn’t have been further from the truth. The truth was Alice was just there. She was just a way for him to fool himself into thinking that he could live without Sydney; without them together. Sydney was hurting and he was miserable without her. Suddenly, that no longer made sense to him. Sure, there was the Alliance, sure there was Sloane, sure if they were seen outside the CIA they would be shot dead on the spot, but they were there, standing there together a moment ago, why couldn’t they be together then. Surely if a woman like Irina Derevko could see it, it had to be true. When Irina had asked him if he loved Sydney, his heart had jumped up into his throat. The truth was, he did love her, he had loved her for quite some time, and it was time that he told her.

He took a few steps forward to go after her, but was intercepted by Kendall. Vaughn ignored him and walked as quickly as he could after Sydney, hoping that she hadn’t already disappeared like she usually did. He saw a mass of brown hair float around a corner and practically broke into a run. The only reason he didn’t call out her name frantically was that he was trying to act at least somewhat low-key. Finally, he turned into a deserted hall and saw her up ahead. “Syd! Sydney!” he called out to her, still power-walking in her direction.

She stopped and turned. “Yeah Vaughn?”

Suddenly he was standing there, two feet away from her, and he had absolutely no idea what to say. All his intentions of a nice, romantic speech lost, he decided to go with his gut. Taking a step forward, he shot his hands to her hips and smashed his lips into hers. She was so stunned she didn’t even respond. Not exactly the first kiss he had been hoping for. He went to pull back and attempt some verbal damage control, but she didn’t let him. She finally kissed him back and held him there for a second before stepping back and looking confused and almost terrified. “Vaughn,” she uttered his name in a breathy way. “Wha- what are you...,” she stammered.

“I don’t know,” he sighed, rubbing his infamously wrinkled brow. “I just wanted to kiss you... I’ve wanted to kiss you forever.”

The corners of her lips turned up slightly as she blushed and looked down at her feet. “Vaughn... you have Alice... I mean you just said-”

“I know,” he sighed as he returned his hand to her hips, pulling her a few inches closer. “And I swear I’m going to break up with her the moment I let go of you, which might be in a second or never depending on your reaction to what I’m about to say,” he told her. She looked up at him, curious. He took a deep breath and decided to go for broke as he blurted out, “I love you, Syd.”

Sydney choked out a breath, clearly not expecting him to have admitted that. She looked around and tried to back away as she breathed heavily, but he wouldn’t let her move. She couldn’t quite fathom how long she had wanted to hear him say that, but standing in the middle of a hallway at the CIA headquarters wasn’t exactly the place of love profession she had imagined. “Vaughn... I.. you can’t...,” she stammered.

“Sydney,” he breathed as he brought one hand up and stroked her cheek. She shut her eyes and leaned into his hand, deciding not to care about where they were. “I know, I know it’s insane and I know that there is Sloane and the Alliance and the CIA security cameras that probably saw me kissing you and I’m going to be court marshaled at any moment now but.... god, I love you. And being sick... almost dying has taught me that life is too short to deny this or try to hide this... or.....,” he let his voice drift off.

“Vaughn,” Sydney began, but paused, not knowing what she was going to say. She looked up at him and into his green eyes, the eyes she had dreamt of many lonely nights, the eyes she loved and she gave in. “Can... can we go somewhere that’s not here? I mean... I know we can’t but.... can we?” she asked recklessly.

He cracked a small smile. “I might have to put you in my trunk again.”

Sydney couldn’t help but laugh. “That’s okay.”

“Okay,” he said, holding out his hand. She took it, laced her fingers through his and followed him willingly to wherever he was taking her.

wow i was just sayin at blsm that today is tomorrow and then i see the pm to this fic
this fic so should have been written into that eppy it would have made it so much more exciting
i cant wait to see where he takes her for their chat
and vaughn court marshalled hehe cute
this looks like the beginning of another amazing fic
i cant wait for tomorrow now
where is he takin her

You're absolutly right season 2 fluffage is always needed.:cool:
The Counteragent had kinda creepy ending, but I'm sure you do much better :P
Good start - I wouldn't mind being put in Vaughn trunk either :P
Thanks for PM and please keep me on your list
Ally

Suddenly he was standing there, two feet away from her, and he had absolutely no idea what to say. All his intentions of a nice, romantic speech lost, he decided to go with his gut. Taking a step forward, he shot his hands to her hips and smashed his lips into hers. She was so stunned she didn’t even respond. Not exactly the first kiss he had been hoping for. He went to pull back and attempt some verbal damage control, but she didn’t let him. She finally kissed him back and held him there for a second before stepping back and looking confused and almost terrified. “Vaughn,” she uttered his name in a breathy way. “Wha- what are you...,” she stammered.

“I don’t know,” he sighed, rubbing his infamously wrinkled brow. “I just wanted to kiss you... I’ve wanted to kiss you forever.”
I love it!! Awesome start :lol: Please PM me when you update :D

Woo hoo! A new fic by Janet. Seriously, I don't know how you do it. You end one story, and immediately have another posted. I am in awe of you! Thanks for the PM!

Awwww.. Yay! He caught her!!

And Kissed her!! That was so sweet and terriffic!

like many others have said, i had always wondered what would have happened if he had caught up to her!!

Please keep me on the PM list for this.... its brilliant!

I can't wait to next chapter! God, I'm curious!

Thanks for let me know about the fic!
Add me to the Pm list!

Ooh yay a new fic again!! :D Can I get a PM please? This looks really good!

Awesome completely awesome!!!!!!!!
He said that he loved her :woot: I love the fact that he kissed her but I was a little surprised that he kissed her in the op center will all the survillence. I wonder if Weiss is going to have a heat attack when he finds out about this? And if Vaughn has to go into hidding to protect himself from Jack. I'd love a PM !!!!!!!!!! And I can't wait to find out what's happening next.

Back