You and Me

Title: You and Me
Author: Me *Katy*
Spoilers: None, AU
Ship: S/V :love:
Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Rating: PG-13, some parts may be R because of language. Sydney gets fond of the F word a one point. ;)
Summary: Sydney’s home visiting her family for the summer when she meets a man that will change her life forever.
Category: Fluff
Author’s Note: The town that they’re living in is based loosely on my hometown. Most of the places are actually real places. The town’s not a real place, I made up the name, I don’t think there is a real Ware County. :thinking: I hope y’all enjoy.

The first chapter sucks. I'm really not happy with it, but if I don't post this now I'll keep editting it until I drive myself crazy.

I’ve PMed everyone on my ‘Over the Years’ PM list. Please ask for a PM in your reply.

[1]

Twenty-one year old Sydney Bristow sat in the terminal at Patrick Henry Airport. Someone was supposed to be picking her up. She didn’t know if it would be her parents, her sister, or if her dad would send a chauffer. Sydney really didn’t care. She didn’t want to be here.

Six months earlier, her father had grown a conscience after thirty years of being the most prestigious, and one of the wealthiest, lawyers in LA. He wanted to help real people, instead of the filthy rich people he normally repersented. So he moved his family to a small county in Virginia. Sydney, luckily, was in her junior year of college and didn’t have to move away from her home or friends on Los Angeles.

Sydney’s parents made her come to their new home for the summer and spend time together as a family. Sydney had rolled her eyes at that. Her dad never stopped working long enough for them to spend time together.

Sydney looked around impatiently. She had already gotten her bags and another flight’s luggage was already coming out of the chute. Finally, she heard her name being called. Syd turned around to see her sister, Nadia, walking towards her.

Sydney smiled, glad that it was her sister, the one person in her family she got along with, picking her up. “Nadia” Sydney stated, pulling her seventeen year old sister into a tight hug. “I’ve missed you.”

Nadia stuck out her tongue, “Yeah, I actually missed you, too.” Sydney laughed, as she grabbed her bag. Nadia carried the other one as they made their way out of the airport.

“So what’s it like here?” Sydney asked, curious about where she would be living for the next three months.

Nadia unlocked her Mercedes and popped the trunk. Then answered, “It’s the most backwards place I’ve ever been, too. They’re all rednecks.” She cringed. “And they all know everybody. You should see how fast gossip spreads. It’s amazing.”

Sydney laughed. “One more year and you can move back to LA.” Sydney said.

“Thank God.” Nadia muttered, as they climbed into the two-seater convertible.

They drove down Interstate 64, the radio the only source of noise in the car. Finally, Nadia spoke up. “Daddy’s working and mom’s too busy preparing for your big return dinner tonight, so I figured we could drop your felgercarb off at home and I’d show you around town.” Nadia rolled her eyes. “It won’t take long, it’s really, really small.”

“That sounds wonderful.” Sydney said, liking Nadia’s plans.

Nadia smiled. “You can meet my new boyfriend.”

“How old is this one?” Sydney asked with an eye roll. Nadia had a tendency to date older men, even though it was illegal, since she was only seventeen.

“Only twenty-three.”

Sydney smirked. “That’s better than the last one, Jim right, he was almost thirty.”

Nadia rolled her eyes and ignored Sydney's comment. “Don't worry, you’ll love Eric, he’s hilarious.” Nadia smiled. They continued their banter the rest of the hour long trip home.

When they pulled in front of the huge waterfront mansion, Sydney immediately noticed the brand new car in the front. “Daddy’s already trying to buy my love and I’ve been here less than a minute.” Sydney sighed, slamming her door as she got out the car.

Nadia sighed, knowing it was the truth.

The sisters quickly dropped off Sydney’s bags, said ‘hi’ to their mom, and got out the house as quickly as possible. Sydney started to get in the car, when Nadia said, “Don’t bother.” She frowned. “It’s close enough to walk. How pathetic is that?”

Sydney laughed, as she linked arms with her sister and they began the short five minute walk to town.

Nadia pointed out the important things in town: The small mall, the beach, and most essential, the coffee shop. “They have pretty good coffee.” She said, pointing to the building with the big neon sign ‘Mama Joe’s’ blinking on top. “It’s no Starbucks, but it’s the best you can find around here.”

“You could just get a coffee pot and learn how to make your own coffee.” Sydney teased, as they walked down the sidewalk.

“Shut up.” Nadia stuck out her tongue. They continued walking, until Sydney stopped, unable to walk through her laughter.

“What the hell is that man wearing?” Sydney giggled, looking at an older man across the street wearing the most ridiculous outfit she had ever seen.

Nadia laughed at her sister, “Those are oil skins and bubba boots.” She answered.

Sydney looked at her sister incredulously. “I don’t know what those are, it’s even more shocking that you do.”

“You learn a lot hanging around all these hicks.” Nadia smirked. “And you probably don’t want to know what they are.”

The sisters continued walking, until Sydney was stopped dead in her tracks by the sight of a gorgeous man walking out the building across the street. Sydney couldn’t help but stare. He had sandy blonde hair, that was messy, most likely not brushed. She could see his sparkling green eyes, even across the street. To add to his good looks, he was wearing jeans that were snug around his ass. Sydney couldn't help but think. ‘Damn, that’s one fine ass.’ The man was also wearing a tight, sleeveless tee-shirt. You could clearly see his defined biceps and toned shoulders. She could feel herself turning red, just thinking about what he would look like without the shirt, or pants for that matter.

Sydney ignored her sister as she blatantly stared at the man. Nadia looked where her sister was staring. “That’s Michael Vaughn.” Nadia said, interrupting the fantasy already forming in Sydney’s head.

“What?” Sydney muttered.

“That’s Michael Vaughn.” Nadia repeated, practically pushing Sydney to get her to walk again.

“How do you know him?” Sydney asked, wanting to know everything about this man.

“He fixed my car when I accidentally put diesel gas in it.” Sydney laughed at her sister’s stupidity. Nadia continued, “Plus, he’s Eric’s best friend. They live together.”

“So you’ve been inside Eric’s apartment.” Sydney smirked.

Nadia smirked, too. “You still have the title of ‘Family *h**e’. Don’t worry.” Sydney laughed, it wasn’t true, but both parents thought it was. They didn't believe Sydney when she said she had only been with three men in her twenty-one years. They were dead set on believeing she was a sl**.

“Good, I plan on keeping my name. Don’t you dare try to steal it.” Sydney joked.

Nadia showed Sydney the rest of the small county, before suggesting they get a cappuccino before heading back home for the ‘Dinner from Hell’ as Nadia was calling it. They rarely ate together as a family, when they did, it usually ended in disaster.

They went back to ‘Mama Joe’s’ and ordered two coffees to go. As they were walking out of the small restaurant, Nadia noticed Eric sitting in the back. She squealed and hugged him tightly. “Eric, this is my sister, Sydney.” She said excitedly, introducing the two.

Sydney smiled and shook the man’s hand. He smiled back, “I finally get to meet the infamous Sydney. You’re all she talks about.”

“That’s not true.”

“Is to.”

“It not.”

They continued to playfully fight. Sydney rolled her eyes, and snuck away. She walked out into the fresh air. This was definitely a lot different than LA. The air was clean, rather than filled with smog and filth. Her phone began ringing, Sydney dug through her purse not looking where she was going.

Before she could find her phone, she ran into something, well, someone. Coffee spilled all over her new white tee shirt and stained her new Prada purse.

“s***!” The man in front of her exclaimed. “I’m so sorry.”

Sydney looked up, greeted with bright green eyes. Her phone was forgotten as she stared at him.

:thinking:

Katy! How DARE you not tell me you had a new story! Pah! *angrily stomps away* *comes back, since the story is so good* Heh. Anywho,
Damn, that’s one fine ass.
...did I happen to inspire that at all? :P lool... anywho... please PM me when you update... :smiley:

:naughty: & :eyebrow:

Hey that didn't suck! It looks good at this point. Straight into the potential fluff thats what we like to see. Can I get a pm? Thanks

Back