You were meant for me

michy

Cadet
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Alias, except I own the DVDs. ;)

Set-Up: This is my version of Season 3. I recently watched Seasons 1&2, getting ready for the release of Season 3 on DVD. I felt even more disappointed remembering the way it was handled. I felt Syd was treated terribly unfiar by the writers. In this version, Syd has already returned home the same way as in Season 3, and it's almost up to the point in the season when they end up in North Korea. She and Weiss are forming a new friendship, but the new twist is that she is secretly attending University, in hopes of someday leaving the CIA and fufilling her dream of teaching.
Hope you enjoy! ;)

The wind on her face washed away the pain of a particularly hard day at work. It wasn't as if she flew half way across the world, in pursuit of Covenenant operatives, or Rambaldi artifacts. No, today she had to work with Lauren. It was pretty simple. Just reviewing her previous mission and taking care of some NSC loose ends. But, it was the fact that she had to be in the same room with that woman for over one hour. Nothing was really said to get under her skin. Lauren was her usual polite and demure self. She said all the right things. She smiled at Sydney and showed genuine interest in her words. However, there was somthing that kept eating away at Sydney. Something was not right. Lauren should hate her. At leat show some uneasiness. Wasn't she worth feeling a little jealous over? But, Lauren shocked Sydney at the conclusion of the meeting by asking her if she wanted to have lunch sometime. What could she say? "No thank-you. I don't make it a habbit to eat with people who have stolen my life from me?" No, she coldn't say that. She just stammered and looked at her with a completely astounded expression on her face.
"Well..."
"Oh, sure. That would be nice. Just let me check my calendar..."
"Sure, we'll work out the details later. Sydney, just let me say that I'm so glad that we can move past all this. I think you and I could be good friends." She smiled at her and then walked past her leaving her alone in the room with her thoughts.
"Am I crazy?" Sydney murmured to herself. "Of coarse I don't want to have lunch with you. You stole the love of my life from me. My life is empty and I can't even wake up in the morning with at least the thought that there is some hope for a future for Vaughn and I. God, I wish I could hate you!" she thought.
Now, Sydney flew down the bike trail that led to her apartment. The wind smeared the tears forming in her eyes. She felt the dampness on her face and didn't even try to wipe it away. She was used to it. She cried everyday after she left work. Just being so close to Vaughn and not being able to touch him, or even smile at him, made her heart break. Her heart was permantely broken. Crying was just a side effect. One she was getting used to. She came up to an old wooden bridge and stopped just on the other side and sat on a large flat rock next to a babbling stream. She did this everyday. It was her own special spot. Here, she tried to gain some composure of herself before she got home and had to face Weiss. But, it was no mere chance that she picked this spot. This spot was very special to her.

Flashback
"Syd, Syd! Wait up! You're going too fast Bristow."
Sydney looked behind and laughed. Her heart was light as a feather. She felt as if she could soar. She coasted down the hill leading up to the bridge and forgot to slow down. When she made her way across the old bridge somehow, managing to hold on to the bike, but once the bike hit the gravel, she skidded out of control and hit a large rock on the side of the path.
"Syd! Are you o.k? Oh my God. Syd!" Vaughn raced his bike up alongside Sydney and threw it to the ground and ran to her side. He looked down on her face and grew silent when he saw how still she was.
"Sydney?" he whispered. "Come on, this isn't funny. Get up. Open your eyes."
She lie there perfectly still next to the rock. Then she opened her eyes and started laughing.
"Sucker!" she laughed hysterically. "I can't belive you fell for that."
"Sydney that was so mean. I am so going to make you pay for that." Vaughn reached down and began to tickle her. Without mercy.
"Please, Please stop. I can't stand it. I'm going to pee my pants!" She laughed with tears streaming down her face.
"Truce?" he asked while holding his hands up at the ready to pounce on her again.
"Truce, Truce. Just stop tickling me. I can't stand it."
"Who would have guessed that would be your weakness. The great Sydney Bristow, battling evil across the globe, only to be taken down by.............tickling." He began to reach for her again and she pushed him away.
"Oh no Mister Vaughn. I don't think so. And, don't you divulge my secret weakness to anyone."
"I promise. No matter what they do to me. I will never break. I will never reveal you secret." he said with a deep voice and a mask of seriousness.
Sydney fell back and began laughing again.
Vaughn looked down at her lying next to the babbling stream. She was an absolute vision. He had never before seen her so at peace. Laughter danced in her eyes and her expression was magical. He had never seen her so relaxed. He couldn't resist. He leaned down and kissed her tenderly. She felt so good against his body. She just fit.
From Sydney's point of view, she felt free. Free from SD-6. Free to express her love for the man she was head over heels in love with. She wrapped her arms around him and drew him closer. He groaned against her touch.
"If we keep this up, we're likely to get arrested for public indecency." he laughed.
Sydeny sat up and adjusted her clothes. She gave him a smile that melted his heart.
"Race you home." she cried out as she ran for her bike and took off down the bike path, disapperaing into the trees.
Vaughn readily accpeted the challenge, knowing what reward waited him at the finish line.

End Flashback.
Sydney sat there with tears welling in her eyes, remembering that day. If she only knew that day would be one of the last she shared with Vaughn, before......... before she lost him forever. She shook her head.
"I have to stop doing this to myself. Look at me. What am I doing here? I'm an hour away from home. This isn't even the way home. How did it all end up this way. He's gone, Syd. He's not coming back. He gave up." she thought to herself.
She stood up and put her bike helmet back on. She got back on her bike and continued the ride home. Weiss would be waiting there for her. He had often offered to bike to and from work with her, but Sydney always turned him down. She took one final look at the bridge and decided that she would take him up on that offer tomorrow.

Michael Vaughn sat in his car in the underground parking garage. He sat there staring out into space. To a passing by observer, one would think he was just tired after a long day's work, and was taking a few minutes to relax before battling rush hour traffic. That was not the case. He did this everyday. He sat in the car remembering her. Remembering every word she said that day. Every look she gave him from across the room. What she was wearing, the smell of her shampoo as she brushed past him. He felt as if he was slowly losing his mind. How could he have agreed to come back to the CIA? Was he crazy? He was torturing himself. Being so close, but unable to touch. Unable to taste her lips. Unable to tell her how beautiful she was and how much he missed her. How much he loved her then, and loved her still. But, he knew why he had come back. To be with her. To protect her anyway he could. If this was the only way he could see her, be part of her life, then he would take it. He would do anything just to see her. Even though it was slowly killing him, he was addicted to her. It would be easier to cut off a limb than to give her up. She was like oxygen to him, and for 2 years he didn't breathe. Her coming back into his life infused oxygen into his heart, but the knowledge that he couldn't be with her, broke it everyday. But, it was worth it. He would walk through hell and back just to see her everyday.
He banged his head on the steering wheel. It left a large red mark, be he didn't notice. He had to get over her. He knew that his marriage was doomed as long as he continued to place her above his own wife. He had to try. He rubbed his now throbbing forehead, and started the car. He made his way home to Lauren, but in his heart he wished he driving home to Sydney.

Oh thank god you did this
Someone needs to get Season 3 straight & the writers on Alias really didn't do a good job at it
Actually, they sucked at it
I'm glad you're doing a new fic
Thanks for the PM
Update ASAP!!

"Knock Knock Knock".
"Just a second!" Sydney cried out.
She opened the door and Weiss stood there holding a major bottle of vodka.
"Just a little something to go with the pizza."
"Get in here you lush." Sydney laughed pulling him inside.
"Did you order all ready?"
"Yup. It should be here in a few minutes." she said. Then plopping herself down on the sofa, she added, "Pour me a drink, won't you?"
Weiss knew where Sydney kept the glasses. This was thier Friday night ritual. He brought the vodka, she ordered the pizza. They would sit around for hours talking. It was therapeutic for Sydney. To have someone to talk to. After losing Francie, WIll and Vaughn, she was left with no one. She couldn't really talk to her father. Thier relationship was still an awkward one, but she felt it was starting to develop past that uneasiness. Yet, she still didn't feel comfortable opening up to him. Weiss was just so easy to talk to. He never judged her. He would just listen. He never offered any advice like "Just get over him." or "It's time to move on." No, he just listened. And, right now, that's all Sydney needed. Someone who would listen.
"Here you go." Weiss said as he handed her a rather large glass of vodka on ice. That was how they drank it. No mixing it with silly mixes.
Sydney grabbed the glass and took a slow sip. The liquid burned slightly as is cascaded down her throat, leaving her insides feeling warm.
"Thanks. Come and sit down." Syd said as she patted the sofa.
Weiss sat next to her and Syd stretched her long legs across his lap.
"You want to talk about it?" he asked, looking her in the face.
"What?" she asked quizzically.
"You know what. You spent over an hour with her in there. You must be dying to vent. I can't believe you held it in that long."
"O.K. This is getting scary now. You know me so well." she laughed.
"So..."
"Ding Dong."
"Pizza's here." Sydney sang and jumped up. Weiss beat her to the door.
"No way. I'm paying this time. Don't even think about it. Sit your butt back down on that sofa."
Sydney giggled and with her most serious voice and said "Yes sir!"
Weiss met the pizza guy at the front door and handed him a twenty and told him to keep the change. He put the pizza on the kitchen counter and proceeded to get two plates. He piled two peices on his plate and one on Sydney's. He walked back to the couch and passed her her pizza. Sydney dove into it, pulling long gewy strands of cheese in the air and wrapping them around her finger. Then she put her finger gingerly in her mouth and sucked back the loose stands.
"I love that."
"What?" she asked.
"The way you do that. The cheese thing. It's so cute. You look like a kid when you eat pizza."
"I do not." she laughed and threw a throw cushion at him.
"Hey, watch the pizza. This is precious stuff." Weiss laughed.
Sydney smiled at him, her dimples framing her beautiful mouth. Weiss sighed, and looked away. He had to change the subject.
"So, you ready to vent now?" he asked.
"O.k." She said between mouthfulls. "She asked me to go to lunch with her? Can you imagine the two of us at lunch? What would we say to one another? "Hi, I slept with Vaughn first and now you sleep with him. Does he still do that funny thing when he wakes up in the middle of the night and stares at you. No? Well, he did that with me?" Can you imagine Eric? It's going to be a fiasco. I don't want to eat with her. I don't even want to be in the same room with her."
"Then cancell."
"Then I look like I can't handle it. I think she's trying to test me. If I say yes, and act like it's no big deal, then I must be over him, right? But, if I make some lame excuse, then I'm not over him, and pose a threat to her."
"Makes sense."
"I know. I didn't spend all those years in spy school for nothing." she smiled again.
Weiss took a deep breath. He was supposed to laugh. She made a joke. "Laugh idiot, stop staring at her, she's going to figure it out." he thought.
Weiss laughed and looked down at his empty plate. He got up and piled two more peices of pizza on it. Syd held her empty plate up.
"Can you get me another peice too, please?"
Weiss grabbed the plate, brushing his fingers agianst hers as he picked it up. He took a deep breath and put the pizza on her plate and handed it back to her. She smiled at him and then proceeded to do that cheese thing again. He looked away this time.
"So, what are you going to do?"
"About what?"
"Lauren."
"Oh, well, I guess I have to go. I don't want to give her the satisfaction of knowing that I'm still carrying a toarch for her husband. What does she expect? I've been back for two months now. For me, it feels like just yesterday Vaugh and I were heading for Santa Barbara. We were falling in love. Now, he's married. I've had two months to get used to the idea that the man I thought I would marry is married to someone else. I think I'm doing pretty well considering."
"I think you're doing great. I don't know how you can stand being in the same room with them all day. Lauren's not around that much, but Vaughn is there all the time. Plus, your missions together. Syd, the way you're keeping it together is amazing. Don't be so hard on yourself."
"You're so sweet Eric. I'm so glad that we're friends. I don't know what I would do without you." She smiled at him and he thought his heart would burst.
"Time for more vodka!" he said jumping off the sofa.
Sydney passed him her glass as she heard the rain begin to fall outside.

Vaughn sat there, rain pouring down his windshield, watching the scene in Sydney's window. He did this every Friday night. On his way home from picking up supper for him and Lauren, he drove a half hour out his way and parked outside Sydney's apartment. He had a perfect view of her living room. He could see her and Eric sitting and talking over pizza. He felt so jealous. That should be him in there with her, not him. He was grateful though. Sydney needed someone there for her now, and he was glad it was Eric. He could trust him not to try anything. He knew they were just friends. He was still jeaolus. He was jeaouls of anything or anyone who touched her and got to be with her. He wished secretly that he could just go to the door and tell her how he felt. That he loved her. Loved her more than anything else in his life. That he was dead without her and needed her back in his life. He would sit there and rationalize leaving Lauren. Why should two people suffer to spare one person's happiness. Then, he would return to reality. He couldn't leave Lauren. Someting inside of him just never wanted to admitt that possibilty. He remembered the chinese food getting cold next to him and started the car. He took one last look in the window. Sydney was smiling and laughing. Good. She deserved some happiness. He drove home, her smile haunting his thoughts. Then it hit him. She was smiling tonight. Usually she was crying or mad when he wathced her and Eric talk. But, tonight she was smiling. She was over him. Lauren had told him that she had agreed to have lunch with her today. That sealed it. She was over him, that was the only explanation. His heart broke. When he arrived home with the food, he left it on the kitchen counter and said something about needing a shower. Lauren didn't question him. He got undressed as fast as he could and let the hot water pour down his body. He braced his body agianst the wall. He felt like he would collaspse. He put his head down and let the water wash away his tears.

PM list so far:
aliasdancer007
allenegirl
angel
ashqua
jughelynj
Kenix
loane
sexcivaughan14
stealthy
syd26
Sydney Bristow 2300844
tunita

Thanks for all the nice reviews. Will post again soon. ;)
Michy

oh wow! this is great! michy, you write the best stories, i love the description, it's so romantic and different! ^_^

pm me when you write the next chapter!!!!!! :P

Back