A Jen replacement....

If the rumors of Jen leaving the show are true, what do you think of Racheal McAdams replacing her? I love Jen as Syd, but this show is just getting boring to me and I have been a die hard fan since the beginning. I own the first 3 seasons on DVD, but I doubt I'll be getting any others. If Jen is leaving then I think the show can still be salvaged with someone who would be equally fun to watch. Racheal McADams is the only one I can think of that fits the bill. ALthough, I doubt she'd leave the film industry. ;)

Can you think of anyone else? I just don't want to give up on the show quite yet :D

I agree, if Jen leaves the show should leave

I dont think anybody could replace Jen on Alias, nobody would be good enough, Jen is the main person so it wouldn't be right if somebody came and took her spot one week, it would be really strange.

well..... thats what I think anyway, everybody else could think diferently, but thats how I feel

Luv Em :ninja: :stick: :Ph34r:

Jen is "Alias", the whole show revolves around her character and her relationships with the other characters, she is at the center of them all, she is the connection between all the various characters, and "Alias" takes its name from all the different aliases she has taken. If Jen leaves "Alias" then the series must stop, it doesn't make sense to go on without her. Just my 2 cents.

If Jen leaves Alias, Alias should leave television. Because Alias is nothing without Jennifer.

I agree. I really doubt the show would be good at all without Jen, continuing Alias without her would be a huge mistake. I probably wouldn't stop watching the show even if she wasn't in it, but I really, honestly think it would be just so bad. Even though I do like Rachel, she just couldn't replace Sydney.

I think if Jen leaves Alias that would just be the start of the exdous of Victor, Ron and Carl. They would probably welcome the end of the show so that they could go back to the stage full time. Alias has afforded them all a good / steady paycheck for 5 years and I'm sure they are also all eager to do other things. I think that Kevin might stay but who knows, he might want to get with the band.

You know who would make a great replacement for Jen, but she is already on that other JJ show LOST would be Evangline Lilly. I bet she could pull it off but I still think that Sydney is the only one to watch. I will truly miss this show. :(

I think if Jen leaves Alias that would just be the start of the exdous of Victor, Ron and Carl. They would probably welcome the end of the show so that they could go back to the stage full time. Alias has afforded them all a good / steady paycheck for 5 years and I'm sure they are also all eager to do other things. I think that Kevin might stay but who knows, he might want to get with the band.

You know who would make a great replacement for Jen, but she is already on that other JJ show LOST would be Evangline Lilly. I bet she could pull it off but I still think that Sydney is the only one to watch. I will truly miss this show. :(

I think Alias could survive a reincarnation with Balthazar Getty - I think he has a silent charisma and power that will really help Alias go to the end this season and he could absolutely carry it the following season without JG. If they morph the newer version the same way they did The Practice to Boston Legal, a newer version of Alias could survive with a male lead, as opposed to a female lead because like her or not, JG is hard to replace.

If Tom Grace ends up being a Derevko relation (via Katya), then VG could be his mentor and that would bring a new facet to Jack. RR, CL, KW and even GG (if his next venture isn't successful) could be a re-energized team and they could add some very attractive and functional new faces. I don't think Rachel Gibson has the star power to flourish, but I'm sure she could play a secondary role, a foil for Marshall. Tom Grace could prove to be the new nemesis for Sark (bring him back!!!). There are great possibilities for female villains and their attraction to TG...it could definitely work.

Wow. so you guys are saying that JG is the only person in the universe that can play a kick*ss spy chick?? I love Syd Bristow, but I disagree that the show would have to end without her. The premise of the show is good and with really good & fun characters it could easily continue. It may not be the same, but different isn't necessarily worse, just different.

Any way, I hope it doesn't come down to replacing anyone, but they need to get on the ball and give us some better shows. I've been spoiled by the first 3 seasons and want more.....

If the rumors of Jen leaving the show are true, what do you think of Racheal McAdams replacing her? I love Jen as Syd, but this show is just getting boring to me and I have been a die hard fan since the beginning. I own the first 3 seasons on DVD, but I doubt I'll be getting any others. If Jen is leaving then I think the show can still be salvaged with someone who would be equally fun to watch. Racheal McADams is the only one I can think of that fits the bill. ALthough, I doubt she'd leave the film industry. ;)

Can you think of anyone else? I just don't want to give up on the show quite yet :D
First I think it's improbable and impractical. Secondly, I would not watch, as charming as I think Rachel McAdams is, she doesn't fit the role in any way shape or form.

--Mandy :angelic:

Also Rachel McAdams is one of the hottest ( in terms of career) actresses right now. She has a lot of movies that want her. She wouldn't want and wouldn't have the time to do Alias. Plus Jen is Alias, there shouldn't be anyone that replaces her.

No one can replace JG, not because she's just the best or anything, it's just that Sydney IS Alias. I mean, Alias is HER story, and just replacing it won't keep Alias. I mean, imagine trying to carry on Buffy without Sarah Michelle Gellar, you know what I mean? I'm not saying any other actresses can be a kick ass spy chick-of course they can-I think Kate Beckinsale or Evangelline Lilly would be really good- but not on Alias. Rather, a new spy show should be written for them. But no one can replace Sydney, nono.

To me Jennifer is Sydney. I grew fond of her character and I can or never will imagine someone else in her shoe. Alias wihtout Jennifer is nothing at all.

Back