A Midsummer Night's Dream - Stratford, ON

I saw the show in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. Wow. It was AMAZING!

Our school's putting on the play this year, and I got the role of Demetrius. I can't wait, it's going to be so fun. I think this is Shakespeare's funnest play.

ALIAS_RULES said:
I saw the show in Stratford, Ontario, Canada. Wow. It was AMAZING!

Our school's putting on the play this year, and I got the role of Demetrius. I can't wait, it's going to be so fun. I think this is Shakespeare's funnest play.
[post="1063473"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
You saw it in Stratford?! UGH I"m so jealous! :hmm: I went to Stratford this year (it was actually on the night of the eclipse and i missed it because it was cloudy in stratford. ;hmm: ) to see Noises off and Macbeth. OMG Noises off was hilarious but Macbeth. OY. *dies* it's so... blah. they mixed up the lines and there were no props, and it just wasnt' very well done. Last year we went to see Taming of the Shrew and Love's Labours Lost, Taming of the Shrew was pretty good, I almost slept through Love's Labour's lost because it was ran so late. :lol: We actually did A Midsummer Night's Dream in Grade 9 and it was probably the favourite piece that year. ;)

Good luck with your play!

--mandy :angelic:

Would you be talking about Stratford-On-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace? If not, I'm utterly confused

I saw my school's production of Midsummer and it was great...

BTW, has anyone here read/seen Our Town by Thorton Wilder? I'm unsure which part to audition for?

UncoveringAlias said:
Would you be talking about Stratford-On-Avon, Shakespeare's birthplace? If not, I'm utterly confused

BTW, has anyone here read/seen Our Town by Thorton Wilder? I'm unsure which part to audition for?
[post="1063544"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No, we're takling about Stratford, Ontario. That's in Canada, but it's a very theatrical place. Excellent Shakespearean plays. I love it.

I went their and saw macbeth we did macbeth in our school and i was Hecate, The Old Man, Young MacDuff, the messengar that tells macbeth about birnam, and the serveant that sees the soldiers, o and an attendant.

you can imagine how many times i had to change custome.

but nice work on the role demetrius/

I'm in my HS production of it. :smiley: It's this Friday. Auditioned for Titania (With like 60 other girls), didn't quite make it (way too many rounds of auditions, got through quite a few but not all...:(), just one of her fairies now...so I get to sing, dance, throw fairy dust at people--and have a blast. I'm going to read the play in English class in like a month from now.

Hibou said:

[post="1063544"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I've been to the real Stratford (the English one) a few times - I was there last Christmas actually.

I was first in a professional production of this when I was eight, and I was the Changelling. Over the years I appeared in more productions, and have been Hermia, a fairy and an elf.

I played Bottom in middle school and Helena in high school. I loved doing this show both times, esp. the gorgeous costumes. Plus I got to do some stage combat when Hermia attacks Helena and Lysander and Demetrius protect her.

Back