A Mother's Wish

Summary: When Sydney becomes pregnant, she struggles with raising the baby on her own and living a life she never had expected. Her daughter, Kayden, seeks to learn the truth when she turns 14.
Rating: G-PG13
A/N: This is my first Fan Fic for Alias, i do other ones like Lost, and LOTR... all you need to know is that it is about a year later from S4... hope you enjoy!!

Sydney sat on her bed holding the phone. She was dazed. Vaughn had just broken up with her. Her head swarmed with thoughts. She looked down at her bulging stomach. After Vaughn had gotten her pregnant he had been really weird, avoiding her, and changing the subject when it came to the baby. Sydney had requested a maternal leave from APO and gotten it. At 8 months pregnant, she was working at a grocery store. Her doctor had recommended her to settle down. So she had, she settled to just cleaning the apartment she was still sharing with Nadia.
Sydney suddenly started crying. She was scared. Her baby girl was now going to be fatherless. Sydney was scared, how could she raise a daughter, she wasn’t mother material. Sobbing, Sydney dialed Nadia’s cell phone.
“Nadia.” Her sister said on the other line.
“Nad, can you come home?” Sydney managed, she shook with sobs.
“Of course, what’s wrong Syd?” Nadia said, her voice was concerned. Sydney tried to speak but couldn’t.
“Ok, I coming home.” Nadia said, and hung up.Sydney slowly stood up and walked out of the room. She curled up on the couch.
It seemed to take hours before Nadia got home. Nadia rushed over to Sydney, her brown eyes were full of concern.
“What happened?” Nadia said.
“He...he broke up with me.”
“Vaughn?” Nadia asked.
Sydney nodded, “Nadia, I’m scared...”
“I know, Syd, I know...” Nadia said. She hugged her older sister.
“Hey look, I will always be here.” Nadia said.
“I know.” Sydney said.She forced a smile. Nadia stood up and started to make tea.
“I’m scared for her...” Sydney said.
“Who?” Nadia asked.
“Hayley.” Sydney said, rubbing her stomach.
“Who’s Hayley?” Nadia asked.
“My baby.” Sydney said.
“You named her?!?” Nadia cried, a grin was plastered on her face.
“Yeah, I did.” Sydney smiled for real.
“Kayden Bristow. I like it, let’s go out for dinner, to celebrate.” Nadia said. She helped Sydney stand up. Sydney went to go change into something nicer.

Nadia and Sydney were sitting at a patio table. They were eating at a cafe. Sydney was dressed in a tank top and jeans. Her chestnut brown hair was pulled up into a bun. It was summer, so nights’ were warm.
“How’s work?” Sydney asked.
“Oh, nothing special, we haven’t gone on a mission for about a month so, you know.” Nadia said. Sydney looked at her younger sister.
“Yeah, I hated when we just did stupid paper work.” Sydney said.
“Hey, why don’t you come to work with me tomorrow?” Nadia said, picking at her salad.
“Oh... I... I couldn’t.” Sydney studdered.
“Don’t worry. He’s going out of town tonight anyways.” Nadia said.
“Oh, really? Ok, then, I’ll come.” Sydney smiled.
“Good.” Nadia said.
“Why? What’s going on?” Sydney asked. Nadia had a small smirk on her lips.
“Oh... nothing.” Nadia said, with fake earnesty.
“Nadia...” Sydney started, “Just because I haven’t done anything spy like for about 8 months, doesn’t mean I am rusty.”
“Oh, you promise you won’t tell?” Nadia cracked.
“Promise,” Sydney smiled.
“Ok, Marshall has it all planned out,” Sydney said.
“Marshall?” Sydney giggled slightly.
“Yes, we’re throwing you a baby shower!” Nadia grinned. Sydney tossed back her head and laughed. She hadn’t had a baby shower yet, and was excited.
“Oh my gosh, are you serious?” She laughed.
“Yes really. Excuse me sir, we would like to see the dessert tray.” Nadia said to a waiter.
Sydney and Nadia talked through dessert then drove home. Sydney stayed up late reading that night, her favorite thing to do now-a-days. When she went to bed, she was feeling the best she had in months.

Ugh, I take it Vaughns an a$s in this ficcie?
Well, I like the counds of it - Nadia being there for her and all...
And from the summary I cant wait to see how the plot unfolds.
Please PM me when you update!
Ash

i would love to have a pm to this story it sounds really good, thank you for deciding to write it i cant wait for more, and i cant picture vaughn walking out on her but hey i guess theres always parts of people you dont know

OH MY GOSH!!!!!! I love it, but Vaughn break up with Sydney because she got pregnant with his child. I would think that Vaughn would own up to his reponsibility and help take of the baby. Please PM me when you have updated. Thanks.

Back