Politics Agnosticism/Atheism

One thing good that I can say about athiest is, is that they defend their faith, or rather lack of faith. That is probably the only thing regarding this area.

Hmm? The Bible was written by a bunch of doped up old men? Now that just makes a ton of sense . First of all the Bible was written at different points in time. So while it sounds silly to say that one of the men who wrote the Bible was "doped up" it is utterally ridiculous to say that all of them were. Another thing that needs to be addressed is that someone said something about God being " made up" because the human race needed religion or something like that. Okay I can totally address that but first I need one of you to answer a question first. Do athiest believe in evalution? Now I know it sounds wierd but I'll make my point when it's answered. :D

GirlSpysRule said:
One thing good that I can say about athiest is, is that they defend their faith, or rather lack of faith. That is probably the only thing regarding this area.

Hmm? The Bible was written by a bunch of doped up old men? Now that just makes a ton of sense . First of all the Bible was written at different points in time. So while it sounds silly to say that one of the men who wrote the Bible was "doped up" it is utterally ridiculous to say that all of them were. Another thing that needs to be addressed is that someone said something about God being " made up" because the human race needed religion or something like that. Okay I can totally address that but first I need one of you to answer a question first. Do athiest believe in evalution? Now I know it sounds wierd but I'll make my point when it's answered. :D
[post="1415837"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I can't speak for all athiests, because I'm sure there's at least one exception. But I will say that the vast majority of athiests do believe in evolution.

I know I do, as well as many (if not all) of the agnostics and athiests on this board along with many Chrisitans.

QUOTE(Alias_Addict47 @ Oct 6 2004, 01:29 AM)
I believe that Christianity and God were created as a belief because people needed a religion, needed a purpose. Many Americans would have committed suicide if they didn't believe their life had a purpose. To me it is just something people can lean and rely on, it doesn't sound real.
I definitely agree and I also think that religion is great in giving people a feeling of security.
I'm an atheist and believe in both evolution & the big bang theory.

I believe that Christianity and God were created as a belief because people needed a religion, needed a purpose. Many Americans would have committed suicide if they didn't believe their life had a purpose. To me it is just something people can lean and rely on, it doesn't sound real.

This is exactly how I feel. The principle religions were created a long time ago, a time where there was no science to explain what happened in there world. So they invented an explanation for everything that was unexplainable.

I don't know what I am anymore but a couple of years ago I was very much an atheist...

Sillyest thing about it all is that I am a Minister in the International Church of Atheism... (kind of ironic... eh?) I can legal marry people etc.

Hibou said:
This is exactly how I feel. The principle religions were created a long time ago, a time where there was no science to explain what happened in there world. So they invented an explanation for everything that was unexplainable.
[post="1454269"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Exactly, it was all created in a time long before us. When science had not evolved to our level and our understanding. People desperately clung to beliefs and always wanted things explained. Back in their time there was no way to explain how man was on Earth. No one would be able to come up with the theories that scientists have come to today, back then. I'm not saying people back then were dumb but they were quick to try and find something that could in some way make sense to their problems. Humans have evolved in thinking and science has with it. Who knows if this question shall ever be answered if there really is God or some higher power. For now all we know is what we believe. And if He is real, and he did give us free will, then we have the rights to believe what we wish.

ehgripo said:
I don't know what I am anymore but a couple of years ago I was very much an atheist...

Sillyest thing about it all is that I am a Minister in the International Church of Atheism... (kind of ironic... eh?) I can legal marry people etc.
[post="1454341"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

o.O There's an atheist church?! How strange...

Back