Alias Awards Countdown

I hope you also find great excitement around this time of year as Alias is picked up for many award nominations and wins. Here are some upcoming awards shows to look forward to, and cross your fingers Alias is nominated/a winner!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
American Society of Cinematographers Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in cinematography of films and television.
Nominations Announced: January, 2004
Awards Presented: February 8, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Two years in a row, Michael Bonvillain was nominated, and this year I think he'll also make the cut with "Phase One."

Art Director's Guild Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in Production Design of television and film.
Awards Presented: February 21, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Heck, I don't even know what the criteria for this award is, but I'm gonna say Scott Chambliss should get a nod for either "Phase One" or "The Telling."

Cinema Audio Society Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in Sound Mixing in film and television
Nominations Announced: Thursday, January 22, 2004
Awards Presented: Saturday, February 21, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Alias picked up a nomination last year for "Cipher" and I think, again, "Phase One" set the high bar for sound mixing achievement.

Costume Designers Guild Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in Costume Design for television and film
Awards Presented: March, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Laura Goldsmith picked up this one last year for her work, and I think she very well may pick up another this time around. Although the costumes weren't as eccentric and wild from January - December 2003, you still just can't beat the outfits Syd wears on her missions!

Eddie Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in editing film and television.
Nominations Announced: January 14, 2004
Awards Presented: February 15, 2004
Tender's Predictions: From what I am told, "Phase One" was edited absolutely exceptionally.

Golden Globe Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in televion and film.
Nominations Announced: Thursday, December 18, 2003 @ 5:30a PT (on E!)?
Awards Show: Sunday, January 25, 2004 @ 8p on NBC EST
Tender's Predictions: As stated before in another post, I believe Alias will pick up two nominations this year, Best Actress (Jennifer Garner) and Supporting Actor (Victor Garber). Unfortunately, Lena Olin is a long shot because the supporting actor/actress categories have to fit Drama, Comedy, Miniseries, and Made-Fors. I think Victor Garber has a chance because they usually include more male nominations.

Golden Reel Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in Sound Editing in film and television
Nominations Announced: January - February, 2004
Awards Presented: March 21, 2004
Tender's Predictions: "Phase One" should give Alias at least a nomination at these awards.

Golden Sattelite Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in television and film
Nominations Announced: December, 2003
Awards Presented: February 14, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Now THESE guys know good TV and Movies! While browsing through last years noms/wins, lots of movies and shows were honored that Emmy voters would never even think of. Alias should pick up quite a few nominations here. I'd say: Best Actress (Jennifer Garner), Best Supporting Actress (Lena Olin), Best Supporting Actor (Victor Garber), Best Supporting Actor (Ron Rifkin), and Best Television Series.

Hollywood Make-Up Artist and Hair Stylist Guild Awards
Awards Type: Excellence in make-up and hairstyling in television, theater, and film.
Nominations Announced: December, 2003 - January, 2004
Awards Presented: February, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Last year, Alias was nominated for three and picked up two awards. I think it will receive nominations in the same three categories (Character Hair Styling, Contemporary Make-up, Contemporary Hair Styling), and pick up a couple as well.

People's Choice Awards
Awards Type: Popularity in music, television, and film
Nominations Announced: No nominations.
Awards Presented: January 11, 2004
Tender's Predictions: Our gal Jen has dramatically increased in popularity since last year and I feel she has a great chance to win the Favorite Television Actress Award!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I only posted upcoming awards ceremonies where Alias has been nominated before. I'll keep you updated on nominations and wins for Alias and let's all take a moment to thank "Phase One" for giving Alias an excuse to win so many awards ;)

Back