Beautiful Disaster

ok guys so this is my first try at writing fanfic ever. I seriously don't know what I'm thinking by writing this but its kinda fun for me. Anyway my friend thinks its actually good but I can't tell if she is just being nice or if it isn't cr*p and I started posting this at SD-1 and some people there actually like it too so hopefully some people here will enjoy it as well! Anyway its Sarkney set somewhere in season 3 after Sydney has come back to find Vaughn married but we dont know that Lauren is Covenant yet. The point of view switches around constantly and whenever Syd is having a convo with someone I try to put her thoughts in italics for u. So please read it and tell me if its totally bad or whatever just be honest okay. Thanks
...oh and yes there are lyrics mixed in...

BeautifulDisaster.jpg

Chapter 1

Sometimes it’s all an act. A lie, a part to be played. Sometimes it feels like it’s all the time. That no matter where I am or who I’m with that I’m still playing that part because deep down I know the me that I have been being is not the real me. The real me has become empty and lost in all of the cities that I’ve been to and aliases that I’ve played. The only time I was ever me was when I wasn’t allowed to be. I can’t believe I let my guard fall….ooh but it felt so good. His arms just made me feel so safe and those eyes, those beautiful blue eyes never judged me. If only it were really possible for us to be together….

He’s strong as what I believe
A tragedy with more damage then a soul should see
But do I try to change him
It’s so hard not to blame him
Hold me tight, baby hold me tight….

“Sydney? Sydney are you okay?” A slightly out of breathe Marshall had suddenly appeared disturbing Sydney’s thoughts.
“Huh? Oh, yeah, Marshall I’m fine thanks. Just a little tired still from the jet lag I guess.”
“Oh okay well there’s a debriefing in five minutes. Looks like you might be going on another mission.”
Oh great another mission. “Ok thanks Marshall I’ll be right there.”
“Okay do you want me to wait for you? I mean we could walk together….Uhh or not it’s okay I’ll just be going now see you in there.”

As Marshall jostled off and the fake smile that had been plastered on her lips faded, Sydney took a moment to compose herself. She knew she shouldn’t let her mind wonder to her mission a couple of months ago. It was stupid and it was over she shouldn’t waste time or energy fantasizing about it. After all, nothing could come of it; he was a wanted terrorist in more then 26 countries and she was a CIA agent. No there was no way anything could ever come of it. She should just forget about it like her missing years, just erase the memory all together.

And if I hold on though the tears and the laughter
Lord would it be beautiful or just a beautiful disaster

Another dull briefing with longing looks from Vaughn and encouraging glances from Weiss. If only things were different maybe it wouldn’t be so hard. But it’s so hard to be pitied by everyone in the office. True she had ‘died’ and lost all of her friends and family and Vaughn had moved on and married Lauren who had a particular hatred for Sydney. But not all bad things had come from it. She was closer to her father and Weiss had become such a close friend but oh who was she kidding life just sucked.

“It seems Sark has disappeared off the grid again and we are following up on some leads that will hopefully clarify what his next move is.” Dixon stated as he began shuffling some papers around looking for something.

What! Oh no I should have been paying attention. What’s this about Sark? I mean we have to find him and capture him for umm questioning right. Think Sydney think.
“What do we think his next move might be?” I’m only asking because I want to know what kind of weather to pack for, right? I don’t care what Sark is up to. I mean its not like we’re together or anything. Wait, no. I care about his motives when it involves national security.

“Well, see that’s the thing. It seems as though Sark has disconnected himself with the Covenant and is now trying to bring them down from within. It seems that he got tired of playing their errand boy while they were running the show with his money.”
“We’re not sure how accurate this information is or if the Covenant is even aware of his recent activities.” Does Dad always have to be so skeptical of our intel? Maybe Sark is turning himself around.
“The NSC is under the impression that he is still working with the Covenant and any actions suggesting otherwise are simply a ruse.” At this Lauren threw a smug smile in Sydney’s direction. Ugh, how I truly despise that woman and not because she married Vaughn. I’m not in love with Vaughn anymore, not like I was anyway. True I was and I still am hurt that he gave up on me, on us like he did but really I’ve changed and so has he and its just not the same anymore. But why did he have to marry Lauren? Lauren. She is such a smug little…I just don’t trust her. It’s like she is constantly hiding something and everything is always the NSC this and the NSC that. And she is after all Lindsay’s little pet and there was that whole Sydney killed Lazerazy lets torture her and perform permanent brain damage causing surgery on her. And even Sark seemed leery of her. Oh no don’t go there. Just focus on what Dixon is saying.

“Ok Sydney you’ll leave tomorrow morning. Vaughn, Weiss you’ll go with her as backup and coms. Any questions? Okay get to work everyone. Dismissed” Oh no what did I miss? Where are we going and is Sark involved?

And if I try to save to him
My whole world would cave in
It just ain’t right, no it just ain’t right
Oh and I don't know what he's after
But he's so beautiful
He's such a beautiful disaster

Lyrics: Beautiful Disaster by Kelly Clarkson

Chapter 2

Is this a dream?
If it is please don’t wake me from this high
I’d become comfortably numb until
You opened up my eyes
To what it’s like when everything’s right

This is such a bad idea. Sark is going to be there. Well most likely anyway but still Sark is going to be there. What am I going to do? We haven’t talked since I left and I don’t know if he’ll be mad or hurt or if he even cares. I mean it’s not like he came running after me. It was nothing; I don’t know why I keep making such a big deal out of it. He probably won’t even remember. But he was so gentle and caring and so unlike the Sark I knew and if he has disconnected himself with the Covenant then maybe… No I’m not even going to think that and as much as I dislike Lauren she is probably right; Sark is still with the Covenant any actions suggesting otherwise are a ruse. So it’s business as usual then, get in, get the disk and get out. Right that’s all there is to it. I’ll just go home and pack and get some sleep before I have to be up impossibly early to fly to Paris. The last time I saw him in Paris I still despised him even if he was delicious looking in his Armani suit…

You found me when no one else was looking
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah you broke through all of my confusion
The ups and the downs and you still didn’t leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me

But when Sydney unlocked her door she knew. She sensed something was off and for a second she thought maybe he was there but she shrugged that off as wishful thinking. But as she entered the living room she couldn’t shake the feeling that something was off. She pulled out her gun and rounded the corner to the kitchen to find nothing. All this thinking about Sark must just have made me jumpy. I’ll just go take a nice long bath, pack, and go to bed and figure this all out in the morning.

“Hello Sydney. So nice to see you again. And I see you’re looking rather well, a little thinner then the last time. Still not eating regularly I see.” And there he was, looking as sexy as ever, standing in the doorway to her bedroom.
“What’s it to you, Sark? And what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be off plotting something evil?” Why am I being so mean to him? Oh I know because he shows up now, why now?
“So its back to Sark now is it? Okay well then Miss Bristow I suggest you hear my proposition over an exquisite meal as I’m sure you haven’t eaten one, if anything at all in months?” At this Sark started to leave the bedroom entrance and head towards the kitchen. Ugh where does he get off giving me one of those signature smirks and eating advice? Although it is true, I have missed his cooking. But wait dinner with him and a proposition.
“Wait, what kind of proposition are we talking about here, Sark?”
“Well a business one of course Miss Bristow. What other kind of proposition would I come to you with?” And he just kept walking to the kitchen and began looking around for what one could only assume was something to make.
“What are you doing, Sark? I haven’t accepted anything and I certainly haven’t consented to you sniffing around my kitchen.” With that look of disapproval I might add.
”I’m looking for something to make of course. Although I see that there is nothing here, which I expected and is why I brought some things with me. I’ll just go get them from the rest of my things.” He headed off for the bedroom, leaving a very stunned Sydney pondering just how much of his stuff had he brought and what exactly was he planning.
“Hold up Sark.” And as she rounded the corner to her bedroom she was thrown into a state of shock. The place was covered in rose petals, lavender ones, pink ones, white ones, and red ones everywhere. On top of that there were candles everywhere (her favorite scent, honeydew melon), dishes set up and food sitting in serving containers. Sark had turned her bedroom into the most romantic room ever. Flower vines draped from the ceiling, windows, and the entrance ways to her closet, bathroom, and main door. White Christmas lights outlined the whole room as well as mixed in with the flower vines swaying around the ceiling. It cast such a beautiful glow around the room; it was simply the sweetest. But that wasn’t the only thing that Sydney noticed he had done. His shoes were lined up neatly next to hers at the row at the end of her bed. And she wasn’t sure but she thought she saw an extra toothbrush in her bathroom and some suits hanging in the closet before he shut the doors, and was that a new dress lying on her bed? She didn’t know what to say but she knew she had to say something; she couldn’t just stand there gaping at the room forever.
So, here we are
That's pretty far
When you think of where we've been
No going back

“…What is all this?” Omg what a stupid thing to say.
“Dinner of course. You didn’t think I was simple going to discuss business over a TV dinner did you?”
“Um no, but…”
“Good, I’ve brought you something to change into if you’d like and then we can get down to business.” He pointed to the dress lying on the bed. It was perfect. Nothing too fancy but delicate and very springy; just perfect for the mood that he had created. It was a deep red with a v-neck and a skirt that flowed out from her waist. She could just see herself twirling around the room in it.
“Of course if you’d rather take a bath first and freshen up I’d understand. The food should stay warm.” Oh god right I must be such a mess but there is no way I’m going to take a bath with him standing in the next room or was he implying that we take that bath together?
“No thank you. I’ll just go change and maybe freshen up in the bathroom real quick…. Don’t try anything while I’m gone.”

I'm fading out
All that has faded me within
You're by my side
Now everything's fine
I can't believe
You found me

Omg. Sark is in my bedroom and he has turned it into the most romantic place ever and oh my god he has practically moved in here. His toothbrush is in here along with his toothpaste and other bathroom accessories. What is going on? We don’t talk for months and suddenly he shows up unannounced and moves himself in without even asking me. Oh no I don’t think so. But oh this dress is so gorgeous and that dinner smelled so good and he looks so good and this just can’t be real. Okay breathe, 1, 2, 3. I’m just going to change and then see what happens.

You found me
When no one else was lookin'
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
You found me

Lyrics: You found me by Kelly Clarkson

omg dudey i've missed my sarkney fics! bring it on! :woot:

awesome writing katrina, please pm me, i love it! can't wait to see what happens next

*sighs contentedly* this is sooo cute :love:

luv juju :harp:

Bubbles - aww thanks! I'm glad you like! So many people are like ewww Sarkney but I love sarkney!! hehe

ok so chapter 3....

Chapter 3

You found me
You broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
The good and the bad
And the things in between
You found me

When Sydney exited the bathroom she looked absolutely stunning. Even Sark was impressed, his jaw couldn’t help but drop slightly and he nearly spilled the wine he was pouring all over himself. Sydney just smiled at his reaction; it was nice to know that she could still surprise him.

“See something you’re interested in Sark?” Sydney smiled coyly at him as she continued her entrance into her room and seated herself on the floor in front of the food that Sark had been setting out. Sark was still too stunned to say anything and starred at her for another second or two before coming out of his trance.

“I’m impressed Miss Bristow, I expected you to take far more time getting ready. I know you don’t usually like to rush things.” With this Sark sat down across from her and handed her her wine glass.
“Well I do hope my rushed appearance doesn’t disappoint you but I was intrigued and couldn’t wait to hear your proposition.” Still not touching her food, Sydney unfolded her napkin and laid it gently across her lap waiting for his response. He was going to have to make the first move.
“Well then a toast perhaps to new beginnings and perhaps even beautiful disasters.” He raised his glass in anticipation, hoping that Sydney would respond. She has to of guessed why I’m here. Why is she making this so difficult? Doesn’t she know I would do anything for her, to see her happy?
Sydney loved watching the generally over cocky Julian Sark squirm a little. He’s made me wait all this time for him I think he can wait a little longer.
“Not so fast, Sark. I want to hear just what kind of new beginnings you have in mind before I toast to it. I’ve heard that you’ve been up to some rather questionable activities lately. I’m not sure I can afford to make a business deal with someone as unpredictable as yourself.” Sark didn’t miss a beat. He had expected her to be hesitant. He knew she had wanted him to come after her when she left but he felt it better to wait it out just in case. He wanted to have something to real to offer her before he asked her to risk her career and her life to share one with him. He knew she would take some winning over but he had not expected her to make it so hard on him. Still he was up to the challenge. He lowered his glass, spread out his napkin and began to cut up his château-brion.
“Is that what you’ve heard? Since when have you, Miss Bristow, believed everything you’ve heard? I was under the impression you were into investigating the truth yourself. Or have you grown soft working your cushy job at the CIA?” He knew he’d pushed her a little hard there but he felt it was necessary.
“I have not become soft.” Sydney could not believe the audacity of his statement. The implication that she Sydney Bristow had a cushy job and become soft was too much for her.
“And I do investigate for myself which is why I have gone along with this dinner proposition thus far. So cut the sh*t, Sark and tell me what you want?”
Sark couldn’t help but be amused at her response. He had gotten to her and he loved every minute of it. He loved how she blushed when she couldn’t control her feelings and the way she had tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear as she finished her statement. She was so beautiful and so amazing it was so hard for him to resist the urge to jump across the makeshift table and kiss her. But instead he simply responded with a smirk and “I would have thought, Miss Bristow, that it was completely obvious what I want.”
Sydney couldn’t help but blush even more and she tried to hide it by taking a sip of her wine but Sark knew she was surprised and flattered by his statement. He hadn’t meant to throw her off guard so much but he was a little thrown off his by her as well. He knew why she'd left and he had understood but still he had thought she had more feelings for him and would have reacted better to his presence.
“Perhaps Sark you should clarify your intentions then, sense they are not so clear.” The double meaning of her statement was not lost on Sark. He knew she was curious about his business dealings as well as his motives for showing up in her apartment like he had.
“As you wish then Miss Bristow. I assume you’ve heard that I’ve recently been involved in activities that suggest I have turned against the covenant.” Seeing a slight nod of acknowledgement from Sydney he carried on. “It is true; I have in fact been working to bring the covenant down from the inside. Unfortunately, I believe they have become suspicious of my actions and have in fact been tailing me. As a result I have been forced to put a halt to my plans until I have once again won over their trust.” At this Sark paused to sip his wine and gauge Sydney’s reaction.
“How am I do know if I should believe you or not? The NSC is under the impression that your actions are simply a ruse to throw of the CIA.” I can’t believe I just brought the NSC into this.
“My dear Sydney have I not already warned that you shouldn’t believe everything you hear, especially when it comes from the NSC, particularly that Miss Reed.” His slip up of referring to her as Sydney was not lost on either of them but Sydney was beginning to become impatient. If he was being tailed why had he come to here to a CIA agent’s home and where did she come into his plans?
“Tell me Sark why is that I should believe what you say? You tell me not to believe everything I hear and who I should and shouldn’t trust. What makes you think I would listen to your advice on such matters?” If Sark was more than a little surprised by her anger he kept it well hidden. He simply stood him and walked over to a briefcase and pulled out some files which he brought over and place in front of her without saying a word. Sydney could tell of course that he was hurt or angry at least that she had questioned his word and judgment, but there wasn’t much she could do about it now.
“What’s all this?” It was all she could think to ask him as she began to leaf through the papers in front of her. He took a long sip of his wine before reaching for the bottle and pouring himself more. Finally after several more long sips he responded.
“I would have thought that by now Miss Bristow you would have come to trust me but if you require evidence that I am speaking the truth then by all means look through the files. I assure you the documents have not been doctored at all. They simply show what I have been working on these past few months. Information I have gathered on the inter workings of the Covenant, senior members, their future plans and ultimate goals, my research, and my own plans. I should think they will satisfy your curiosity and give you at least some reason to trust me. However, should they not I will leave and no longer burden you with my presence.” At this Sydney closed the file and made up her mind. She looked him straight in the eyes for a moment just to be sure and was surprised to see the depth of emotion and love in them.
“No, Julian I don’t think that will be necessary. But I am still curious as to why you are here and just what exactly your proposition is.”

And I was hiding
'Til you came along
And showed me where I belong
You found me
You found me
How did you know?
How did you know?
(You found me)

HOLY CRAPIT!!!!!!!!!
WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME THAT YOU POSTED THIS?!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
aww you're so cute - you bleeped out the word felgercarb :hug:

Janet it does that automaticaly!

BUT YAYAYAYAYAY :D :D :woot:

I recognise this story! :D :blink:

wooooo go cathy- is that your name because now i'm confussed :blink:

But anyway you know my thoughts on this and that on this ONE occasion i maybe like Sarkney :run: :hide:

:blush:

I know what happens :happydance:

i'm an aliasaholic - Hey! Sorry about the name confusion. My name is Cathy but my nickname is Katrina and usually for all my online stuff I go by Katrina but Janet here knew me from school so when I joined her site I just went by Cathy but everywhere else I go by Katrina but you can call me either it really doesn't matter!! hehe but I'm so glad that I've got you reading a Sarkney!!!! HA and even better I make Janet read it too!!! hehe *evil grin* Janet even made my banner!!!! :jump: She's so cool like that!
and yes you do know what happens but shhhh no telling anybody cuz all the good stuff is yet to come!! :D

lol so cute
yes i do know here hmmm :Ponder: probably one of the few ppl who really know each other
meh just makes us cooler (y)

:D

1st- I'm not reading Sarkney- I'm reading this- this is the one and only no more!

2nd- i'll call you umm :Ponder: cathrina ;)

3rd- Janet actually WRITES a sarkney fic :jawdrop:

and why don't you post the banner! :D

Louise

i'm an aliasaholic - LOL I know Janet does write a Sarkney!!! I'm so amazed by her! She hates sarkney and yet she writes it sooooooo freaking well! :love:

And yes what was I thinking ur not reading sarkney! You're reading my story! hehehe did I mention that I feel so honored??? :D

lol cathrina is cool! I like it! hehe :blush: new friends, new nicknames!!

oh and the bannerthingy in my signature...thats what Janet made. Is that not what its called?? I'm sooo retarded to when it comes to this stuff thats why its so good to have the talented Janet as my friend! :kicking:

~Cathrina!

I don't know... :confused: I don't think so but she might have. You'll have to ask Janet. I use it at Janet's site and at Caro's so maybe thats where you've seen it. Although I'd love to get my hands on the she will be loved sig that Janet made for Caro. It was too freakin cute!

okay so I'm bored and felt like posting the next chapter!

Chapter 4

“Lets eat first and then I will tell you everything.” Sark lifted his fork and began to eat waiting anxiously to see if Sydney would go along. Sydney eyed him curiously but did not object to his suggestion as the idea of eating the scrumptious meal in front of her was too appealing.

They both ate in silence not wanting to disturb each others thoughts. Finally when they both had finished Sark went to the kitchen and brought back dessert.
“Sark…this is amazing. I mean you decorated the place, you made a delicious dinner and now you’ve got dessert too. What is it you’re up to? Are you trying to seduce me?” Sark couldn’t help but smirk at her flirtatious manner.
“Why? Is it working?”
“No. But it’s nice that you would try.”
“Anything to make you smile.” Sydney blushed uncontrollably at Sark’s last statement. She had dreamt of this moment so many times over the past couple of months and she had tried to stop herself from thinking it could ever be true. But here he was giving her one of the most romantic nights ever and even if it was all just to get her to work with him on his Covenant business she wanted to believe that he was here for her as well. She didn’t know what to say to him, a part of her just wanted to kiss him and hold him and spend the night in his arms but she had to know that he was doing this for the right reasons. She had to know how he felt about her. Why had he waited so long to come to her? Was he just using her to achieve his end game?
Sark could see the fear in her eyes. No matter how good an actress she was he could always see past her defenses. The way she seemed scared of being hurt by him made him want to wrap his arms around her and protect her from the world. He wasn’t Agent Vaughn. He wasn’t going to give up on her or leave her or hurt her. In fact he was doing everything he could to protect her. If only it hadn’t taken him so long. Maybe he made the wrong the decision; maybe he should have told her what he was up to sooner but he wanted to have more to offer her. Sark just couldn’t take the silence that had grown between them. He had to explain to her what he was feeling before it was too late.
“Sydney I know it has been awhile and I’m sorry I didn’t come here sooner but what I have been working on…it’s important…”
“More important than me, Sark? Is that all this is, business to you? Well I have news for you
Sark, I am not a part of some business deal nor I am a pon in your games.” Sydney couldn’t fight the anger and fear that was boiling up inside of her. It was getting too hard to fight back her tears and she just needed him to wrap his arms around her and make everything right. He had understood her so well and he been so gentle. Why did it seem like that was so long ago and yet only just yesterday? Why couldn’t he see that what she really needed right now was him to simply be with her, for the CIA and the Covenant, Vaughn and Lauren and everyone else to just go away and let them just be together?
Sark couldn’t bear that he was the one bringing her pain right now. He knew she was close to tears and he wanted nothing more than to comfort her but he wasn’t sure if she would let him. He had to make it clear to her first that he was here for her, that his business was important because of her, because it was for her, for them. But he himself was struggling with words, seeing her in so much pain made his heart wrench.
“NO Sydney that is not the case.” He finally managed to choke out.
“Then what is, Julian?” She mumbled in a barely audible tone.
“The only reason I stayed away and I’ve been working so hard is for you Sydney. When you left I realized that we could never be together the way things were. You’re a CIA agent and I’m a very wanted terrorist. I’ve never been a fan of the Covenant and not only because they took my money but because they hurt you and took years from your life and I want nothing more than to bring them down. I know I have no right to come to you now even or to ask you to do anything that would jeopardize your career with the CIA and your morals but I couldn’t stay away any longer and I’m finally getting somewhere but I…I need your help. Please Sydney don’t say no. I know you’re angry that I barged in here after all these months and I probably shouldn’t have moved half my stuff in but I was afraid not to. It’s a lot harder to throw all of my stuff then to never let me move any of it in and I just thought that maybe, maybe you’d see just how much I want this to work. I’ve missed you. I’ve really missed you Sydney.”
I used to be scared of
Letting someone in
But it gets so lonely
Being on my own
No one to talk to
And no one to hold me
I'm not always strong
Oh, I need you here
Are you listening?

Hear me
I'm cryin' out
I'm ready now

Lyrics: Hear Me by Kelly Clarkson

i said:
[post="1369702"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]

JuliaSark05 said:
I don't know... :confused: I don't think so but she might have.  You'll have to ask Janet.  I use it at Janet's site and at Caro's so maybe thats where you've seen it.  Although I'd love to get my hands on the she will be loved sig that Janet made for Caro.  It was too freakin cute!
[post="1369710"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah my guess is louise saw it @ my site

and OMV chapter posting *h**e cathy :lol: make 'em wait a day ;)

man janet and louise sure know how to confuzzle the hell outta me :confused:

ok ignoring those posts 😆

awesome two chappies... dudey i love the sarkyness :P loved it!

sorry, i'm on the fly, i'll give you a better review next time :hug:

luv juju :harp:

p.s. i'm normally an s/v shipper but dudey, if you're a good writer sarkney kicks some SERIOUS ass :woot: lol i like sarkney heaps!

i'm with JuJu. i hate Sarkney, but this is really well written. can you pm me :Please: and don't tell my S/V shippers that i read Sarkney! :hide: lol

and OMV chapter posting *h**e cathy  make 'em wait a day

lol I know I should have but I was bored and putting off writing my next chapter!

Bubbles -
man janet and louise sure know how to confuzzle the hell outta me

LOL I know they confuzzle me too sometimes!! but I still luv them! :love:

p.s. i'm normally an s/v shipper but dudey, if you're a good writer sarkney kicks some SERIOUS ass  lol i like sarkney heaps!

aww wow! now I feel even more honored that you're reading my fic!!! :blush2: lol and I love your review!

SydneyAnneVaughn - awww so sad that you hate sarkney but SOO excited :woot: that you're reading this fic anyway!!!! and no worries I'll be hush hush about you reading this! :shh: My lips are sealed! P.S. Love your name SydneyAnneVaughn!!!

and cuz I've recently taken such an interest with the smilies what is up with this dude? :Ph34r: Is he like undercover or just trying to rob a bank?? I want to know!!!

Yesss Janet I'm posting a new chapter again! I know, I know I'm too nice..LOL still its a short one!

Chapter 5

Know all about
About your reputation
And how it’s bound to be a heartbreak situation
But I can’t help it if I’m helpless
Every time that I’m where you are
You walk in and my strength walks out the door
Say my name and I can’t fight it anymore
Oh I know, I should go
But I need your touch just too damn much

Sydney was speechless. She wanted so much to believe what he was saying. But it was all so sudden and so fast. She needed to get out; she needed to clear her head and go somewhere she could think. But she couldn’t just leave a wanted terrorist in her apartment and go for a run in the dress she was wearing. It was just too much emotion at once. She knew she wanted to be him but she hadn’t really admitted it to herself before this because she had always known that it was forbidden and could never happen. But now it was an option, but it couldn’t be. Even if he was trying to go good the CIA still saw him as bad and he was still wanted by over two dozen other countries. Could it really work? It was too overwhelming. She wanted to take the risk but she didn’t want to get hurt. Vaughn had left her scared and Sark was Sark. He was evil and cruel and cunning but he had been so wonderful and gentle and understanding and she had fallen for him. But could she risk that it had all been a facade, a ploy to get her to trust him and help him further his ultimate goal?

Loving you isn’t really something I should do
Shouldn’t wanna spend my time with you
That I should try to be strong

But when she looked into his eyes her answer was there.

But baby you’re the right kind of wrong
Yeah baby you’re the right kind of wrong
Might be a mistake
A mistake I’m making
But what you’re giving I am happy to be taking
Cause no one’s ever made me feel
The way I feel when I’m in your arms

“Yes.” She couldn’t help but smile as she said it.

They say you’re something I should do without
They don’t know what goes on
When the lights go out
There’s no way to explain
All the pleasure is worth all the pain

Sark was too stunned to say anything. She has been so quiet and then suddenly she had spoken and he wasn’t sure if he had heard her right but she was smiling and blushing.
Sydney took one look at his face and realized she must have surprised him so she clarified her feelings for him as she made her way over to sit beside him.

“Yes. Yes I want to give this, us, you and me a try. These past few months have been so hard on me and there have been so many times where I’ve wished I never left but I’ve been afraid too. I didn’t think there was a way for us. I mean I’m a CIA agent, a very loyal CIA agent until a couple of months ago and I just never thought we’d be able to make it work. But it’s worth the risk to me. If you’re really this willing to make it work then I am too. I’ll do whatever I can to help with the Covenant and with us.”

I should try to run
But I just can’t seem to
Cause every time I run you’re the one I run to
Can’t do without, what you do to me
I don’t care if I’m in too deep

Sark was so surprised and excited and relieved. The flood of emotions that was flowing through him was too overwhelming. He couldn’t resist anymore. He pulled Sydney into a searing kiss. Sydney responded by pulling Sark in closer and wrapping her arms around his neck. But before the kiss could heat up too much Sark began to pull away.

Loving you isn’t really something I should do
Shouldn’t wanna spend my time with you
That I should try to be strong
But baby you’re the right kind of wrong

He searched her eyes just to make sure this is what she really wanted. He knew she was scared, so was he. He had never let anyone see as much of him as Sydney had and he never allowed himself to feel so much for someone. He didn’t want to rush this, he wanted to take things slow and not mess them up.

“Sydney are you sure this is what you want? I can’t promise it will be easy, if anything it’ll be hard as hell.” Sydney just smiled one of her dimpled smiles and kissed him.

“Of course this is what I want. What fun would it be if it was easy? I’m Sydney Bristow, I can handle anything.” She couldn’t help but laugh a little at the irony. Her life defined hard. She had died only to come back and find the love of her life married to someone else. She may be tired of fighting but she was also tired of giving up what she wanted. And she wanted to be with Sark, that she was sure of.
“But that doesn’t mean there aren’t still a lot of things we did to work out. Like why you moved your things in here. Are you planning on living here and not having the Covenant catch on? And how am I supposed to help you with the Covenant? I have a mission tomorrow morning in Paris where I’m supposed to steal a disc and bring you in if you’re there….”
‘I know. I know, Sydney. I don’t have all the answers but I do have some of it figured it. But that can wait. Right now all I want is to hold you in my arms.”

Yeah baby you’re the right kind of wrong

Lyrics: Right Kind of Wrong by Leann Rimes

Back