Beneath the Ice

Sorry about the double post. Here are chapters eight and nine. Ten will be up tomorrow. Then this fic is complete...sorry for those who still had interest. Sorry for the short chapters.

CHAPTER EIGHT
Sydney watched Peyton walk out the door and drive away. Two days that was all she had to escape. And who knows if Sark would go behind her back.

“Marie. Please return to your room. Lunch will be served to you in approximately half an hour. In the meanwhile please decode this stack of papers.” Sark told her.

Sydney took the stack of papers and returned to her room. She sat down at the desk and hurried through the papers so she could think of an escape plan.

She finished the stack of papers with ten minutes to spare. Within those ten minutes she decided she would escape in the middle of the night. Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Sydney said.

“Marie, we’re going to eat on the beach alright?”

“Okay Mr. Sark. I finished decoding those papers you wanted.”

“Excellent, let’s go.”

Sydney slipped on her shoes and followed Sark out to the beach. They walked quite a distance on the beach.

“Sydney, this is your chance to escape back to Los Angeles. I have a ticket and a passport for you. We will be flying to LA on the same flight. After that, you probably won’t ever see me again. I’m going to disappear. So this is goodbye.” Sark said and then he and Sydney kissed.

“Are we walking to the airport?”

“No, the limo is just up the beach waiting to take us to the airport, to escape.”

“Thank you for all you have done, except the brainwashing.”

“No problem. The pleasure was all mine.”

They arrived to where the limo was parked and got in. As they were turning into the next street the limo spun out of control.

“Take this,” Sark said handing her a gun.

“Thanks.”

Sydney and Sark crept around the limo to find a bunch of men waiting to take Sydney and Sark. Sydney sent the first shot. Fire was exchanged between the men and Sydney and Sark.

“Cover me!” Sydney shouted as she ran towards the remaining men. She sent punches left and right and kicks were flying everywhere.

“Syd…” came a voice that she instantly recognized.

What have I done? Sydney thought.

CHAPTER NINE
The voice belonged to Marcus Dixon who was now lying unconscious on the hot asphalt.

“SARK! I need medical help now!”

“Why?”

“Now d**m it!”

“On it.”

Sydney knelt down next to Dixon, “I know you probably can’t hear me right now, but medical help is on its way. I’m really sorry. Everything is going to be alright. Hang in there. Tom and Robyn need you. Hang in there. Please don’t die on me Dixon. You’re a great partner.”

Sydney was in tears, she was the one who had knocked the wind out of her SD-6 partner. What would Sloane say when he found out?

“Medical help is here!” Sark said.

“Over here!” Sydney shouted and waved her hands.

The next events were all a blur.

Twenty-four hours later:
Sydney awoke in what she guessed was a naval hospital.

What am I doing here? Sydney thought.

A nurse walked in, “How are you feeling Kate?”

“Good, I think. Why am I here?”

“Well, it says here you were shot and had to have surgery.”

“Oh.” Sydney had one question lingering, where was Sark?

Sydney fell back asleep from all the medications she was on. Four hours later she woke up to find her father and CIA handler Michael Vaughn.

“Dad…Vaughn…how did you know I was here? Where’s Dixon? Is he okay? How about Sark?”

“Sydney, I know you have many questions, we’ll answer them.”

“Dixon is in an SD-6 hospital, Sloane thinks that you were brought to a hospital in the Bahamas. Dixon’s alright as far as we know. Sark ran off after you were shot. We don’t know where he went or if he’s okay. But don’t worry about him,” Vaughn told her.

Sydney didn’t say anything, she just nodded.

“Okay, well you can go home tomorrow. You have a two week medical break from both SD-6 and the CIA.”

“Okay dad.”

“Bye Sydney, I love you,” Jack said.

“Bye Syd, see you soon.”

Like I said, the FINAL update tomorrow.

Who shot her?

And where's Sark?

So, this fic is ending tomorrow? That's too bad. But I get it. Things don't always work out the way you want.

:love:
~Anja

:eek:ldhi: Hey guys! Thanks for sticking through the thick and thin of this fic. I appreciate it as I'm sure Celtic Jedi too. Look out for a general fic in the near future called, 'Believe Me' or some new romance ones. Anyway, enjoy the final update, and please R&R. Thanks again for reading.

-erin :D

CHAPTER TEN
Two weeks went by quickly. Sydney spent some time sleeping, relaxing, recovering, and meeting Vaughn at their meeting place.

Every time she moved her shoulder it hurt where she was shot.

Sydney got dressed in a suit and went off to Credit Dauphine, aka SD-6. She walked to her desk and found Dixon sitting across from hers.

“Hey. How are you feeling?”

“Good. Yourself?”

“Pretty good actually, I’m really sorry about…”

Dixon cut her off, “Syd, don’t worry about it. What happened happened and how were you supposed to know it was us. We believed that Sark was taking you somewhere again. We took the risk and look where you are now, back, safe and sound.”

“He was taking me back to LA.”

“Anyway, don’t blame yourself. We are both alive right? Enjoy what life has in store for you Syd and don’t ever forget that.”

“I won’t forget.”

“Sydney, Dixon, Sloane wants us.” Jack said.

“Okay.” Sydney replied.

Kelly and Lauren never actually found out what happened to Sark or Sydney that afternoon. They proceeded to investigate and did not find out the truth. However, Sark returned and rejoined into the “business” and they continued on, only after Sark’s punishment.

Two years ago Sydney chose to live the life of a single agent. When Danny was killed, she became a double agent and grew into a different person. No matter what challenge a new day brought, she was ready to put up a fight or think her way through it. Being a double agent had its own pros and cons, but she wouldn’t give it up for anything in the world. She chose this path in life and will continue to pursue it. Sydney is enjoying life like Dixon said she should.

-Fin-

PM List

YoungStarsOwner
Alias Fan Gillian
AgentKate
Patomac
Sebahe
Aliasfancarrie7
iheartvaughn
Phoenix 47
tubby
IWantRome
6helterskelter6
*~Celtic Jedi~*

Again, thanks guys.

That was great. I'm pretty sad it's done. :( But, your new fic (romance one...I just read it and i already forgot the title) is awesome. Thanks!

that was great
thanks for the pm
im sad it is finished too :(
but i am sorry that it has taken me a while to reply, i crashed my computer a couple of days ago

Back