Beneath the Ice

Wow!!! Past a month since I updated? I thought I had an update already for this fic. Maybe I did write a chapter, but my internet might have went down...it's doing that to me a lot recently. Any way, double update tomorrow for my mistake! :blush: All updates will be on Fridays, with one on Wednesday of next week because I have a foreign exchange student coming so I don't know how often I'll get to write, but when I have the chance, this will be the first fic I update because I haven't updated in a very long time. I apologize. DOUBLE UPDATE TOMORROW! :D

UPDATE!!!! So I know it's been over day and I apologize. Please review and tell me what you think! :smiley:

Chapter Four
Sydney woke up. Sark walked in. Is he watching me? Sydney thought.

“Good morning Sydney.”

“On your agenda this morning is to work on cracking a stack of codes I have for you to crack. Then, you’ll be preparing a four-course meal for me and my associates later on tonight. We’re having a dinner party. You’re welcome to come, of course, in this lovely dress I bought you.” Sark pulled out this sexy black dress.

“Um…okay…thanks for the offer.” In the back of Sydney’s mind she wasn’t going because it was Julian Sark, but because she needed to find out what was going on. She also knew that Sark was trying to brainwash her by making her crack codes. Sydney wouldn’t allow being brainwashed. She would completely and totally disregard anything that was slighty like it if she could help it.

“Great. Get dressed quickly. You’ll work on codes until 3 P.M. and then you’ll take a shower and get ready for the dinner and cook. There is everything you need for tonight in the door on your left. I’ll be periodically checking on you.” Sark told Sydney.

“Okay,” Sydney said. In the back her mind, she was thinking…Dixon, get me out of this.

Sydney got ready and headed down the hall to work on cracking codes for about six to seven hours. It was going to be a long day. The codes started out fairly simple and then got more complex and difficult. Project Christmas had prepared her for this, so she cracked every single one of them at 2:50 P.M. She got up from the table and walked back down the dreary hallway to her room to get ready.

She wore the black dress, a diamond necklace, diamond earrings, and a diamond bracelet. Sydney then proceeded to the kitchen which a guard directed her. She ran into Sark on her way. “Sydney, we need to talk.”

“Alright,” Sydney said.

“For the dinner I need you to wear this diamond ring on your ring finger. You and I are engaged. No questions, just do as I say, and you won’t have to crack another code.”

Sydney nodded her head and put on the ring. It was stunningly beautiful. But then again this IS Julian Sark. For dinner, Sydney prepared: a garden salad, cream of celery soup, grilled chicken with a savory sauce, and for desert, cheesecake. Everything was perfect down to the last placing of the herbs. She just wanted to be free from Sark.

“Sydney dear, our first guest has arrived!” Sark shouted.

“Alright honey, I’ll be there in a minute.” Sydney called back.

Chapter Five
Sydney walked out of the kitchen to a bold red hall with a chandelier hanging above a grand staircase. There was a large antique rug on the wooden floor. Sark had a maid standing nearby to take the coats of the guests.

“Please take them into the dining room Sydney,” Sark said and then whispered, “Second door on the left.” And then went in making it look like a kiss.
Once she lead the first guest into the dining room, they sat down and made small talk. After ten minutes, everyone had arrived. Then, the four-course meal began being served.

“This is delicious honey” Sark said in between bites of his salad. In the middle of eating their grilled chicken, they heard a door bust down. Sark grabbed Sydney and they went into a closet and through a passage way. The rest of the men were left for themselves.

In the house/brainwashing facility, Dixon radioed in, “Sir, there is no sign of Sydney, but we did find her polar suit, a tracking device to track a person, and a bunch of cracked codes. We have taken two men we found into custody for questioning.”

“Excellent and very well, he must be on the move, so look for any sign of where they went.” Sloane told Dixon.

Sark and Sydney were safely on a jet. Sydney didn’t know where they were headed, but Sark sure did. They were going to a secret location in the island of the Bahamas. Sydney fell asleep, being exhausted from all cooking, and code cracking found that she was really tired.

Fifteen hours later, Sydney woke up asleep on a sofa and she could hear the waves crashing as they met with the sand on the beach. She got up and looked around. It was so much nicer than the one where they were last. Sydney found that she was still in the black dress and diamonds. At least there was no more pretending that she was Sark’s fiancée. Gross!

“Hello Marie. We are now on an oceanfront as I guess you can tell. I have a task for you to complete…” Sark was cute off my Sydney’s voice.

“My name ISN’T Marie, it’s SYDNEY!” She said with her temper flaring.

Sark walked over to one of his men and whispered, “Take her to the back room, and brainwash her until she tells you her name is Marie and that she wants to kill a woman named Sydney Bristow.” He walked away.

The men grabbed a kicking Sydney and tried to carry her away. Instead, she fought back, and finally got loose and bolted straight through the door, kicked off her heels very quickly, and ran as fast as she could. She was going to run far, far, far away from this place.

YAY! Is this going to be Sarkney? kk... well... PM me when you update! I hope it's soon! :D

~Anja

I'm not sure...but it is in general fiction. So not sure. I'll PM you when I update.

Yes, about that update...It is looking at about March 24-27 because my foreign exchange student has left and things will begin to slow down. :Ph34r: But, I might get the chance to update between today and the 24th. I promise I'll try. If I don't it'll be like a double update for every one's patience. :D Maybe triple.

YoungStarsOwner
Alias Fan Gillian
AgentKate
Patomac
Sebhae
Aliasfancarrie7
iheartvaughn
Phoneix 47
tubby
IWantRome
6helterskelter6

Great chapters! Thank you so much for continuing this. I was afraid of just letting it die. And add me to the PM list!
Thanks. :blush: And no problem. Sorry I can't update all the time, but I'm trying to get on a schedule. Added ;)

PM LIST
YoungStarsOwner
Alias Fan Gillian
AgentKate
Patomac
Sebhae
Aliasfancarrie7
iheartvaughn
Phoneix 47
tubby
IWantRome
6helterskelter6
*~Celtic Jedi~*

A/N: I'm putting up another chapter tomorrow, so you all can speculate on what's going to happen next. :smiley:

CHAPTER SIX
-Sark’s POV-
I hated to brainwash Sydney and do the things I had to do, in return I only hurt her. The Covenant made me do those things against my will. They knew that I was capable, yet kind and somewhat caring. Just watching struggle under the ice was too much for me. Sydney is beautiful in more than one way. And, that is exactly why I’m going to help her get out of this situation.
-End of POV-

Sydney was half way down the beach when she saw Sark coming in his jeep. “Sydney!” Sark called out. Sydney kept on running. “Listen to me please!”

“No!”

“Please, if you want to be free, stay and I’ll help you get out.”

Sydney stopped. This could be fun, she thought. If she’d played Sark’s game, there would be danger involved. If she went on her own, she might be in even more danger. Sydney decided that she would play Sark’s way, and if he turned against his word, she would runaway for good.

“Alright, I’ll play your game. If you turn against your word Sark, I ensure you that you wouldn’t live and I’ll runaway.”

“Okay, Miss Bristow. You need to act. When I bring you in, you need to be struggling, upset, etc. You must go along with the Covenant’s brainwashing.”

“Mhmmm,” Sydney nodded, “You realize if my team comes and finds me, you’ve put yourself at a high risk. Just maybe, I’ll put in a good word for you.”

The beach house was within sight. “You need to start acting now.” Sark told Sydney.

He pulled the jeep into the driveway and took Sydney inside the house. “Men, show Miss Bristow to her room. We’ll pick up where we left off tomorrow.”

They lead Sydney to her new room. After the door was shut, Sydney started exploring the room. There was a giant glass window that looked out on to the ocean, a queen size bed, a nightstand, a magazine, a lamp, and a chair in the room. The room was painted a warm yellow. Sark did a pretty good job and this BETTER be worth it, Sydney thought. Around six o’clock in the night Sark brought her some dinner, spaghetti with garlic bread. He slipped her a card. Sydney then knew that the Covenant must be watching her every move. She decided to play it smart and open the magazine and stick the card inside it. Sydney read started to read the card,

Miss Bristow,
Brainwashing is to occur tomorrow. Be prepared, the head of the covenant wishes to see your progress. Be sure to be on your best behavior.

Yours,
Julian Sark

Thanks for the heads up Sark, she thought to herself, Oh great the head of the Covenant.

That was good. Thanks for PMing me!
Thanks and no problem!

A/N: Sorry about not putting up another chappie. I don't know what happened there. Enjoy the chappie. I'm hoping to post another before I leave for another trip. :blush:

CHAPTER SEVEN
She fell asleep wondering who the head of the Covenant was. Sydney awoke early to the rising sun shining through the windows. felgercarb! Was the first thought that came to Sydney’s mind. Brainwashing was today and what was ten times worse was that the head of the covenant was coming to watch and make sure things were going as planned. She saw breakfast waiting on the table. Toast, some tea and another letter sat on a tray.

Miss Bristow,
Be on your best behavior today. Do not screw up or you’ll never get out of this guaranteed.

Yours,
Julian Sark

Around nine a.m. sharp she was brought out of her room and was brainwashed. “Hi. What is your name?”

Sydney played along, “Marie. Marie Annette Thorne.”

“Pleased to meet you Marie. Who do you work for?”

“I work for you wonderful people.”

“I see. So, you would kill this man?” He said indicating the man in the chair.

“Yes.”

“Do so.” He said as he handed her a gun.

There was one loud shot and the man was dead. “Don’t doubt me ever again…” Sydney said waiting for him to tell her, her name.

“The name’s Kelly Payton.”

“Geez Sark, if there’s one thing you had to forget, was her NEW boss. I can take things from here. I will be taking Sydney to my facility in Berlin and…”

She was cut off by Sydney, “Who’s this Sydney girl?”

“Never mind who she is. Like I was saying, I’ll get her prepped for her first assignment in one week.”

“Ms. Payton, we need one week to complete the brainwashing otherwise it’s most likely to wear off.”

“Sark, I was clear, I needed her by today.”

Sydney sent Sark a death glare. He had lied. “Ms. Payton, she will be at her absolute best when you would receive her in one week. Please. It’s for the Covenant’s own good.”

“Sark, I disagree. Let’s see what Lauren thinks.” She said as she pulled out her cell phone.

“Fine.”

On the phone, “Lauren, it’s Payton. Can we give Sark one more week with Sydney?”

From across the room, “WHO IS THIS SYDNEY GIRL?” Sydney said yelling.

“Marie, quiet, I’ll tell you in a couple minutes.”

“Okay.” Sydney said all cheery.

“Two days. That’s all we can spare.” Lauren told Kelly.

“Okay.” And with that she closed her cell phone.

“You have two days and do not push it, or you’re dead. I mean that.” She said as she headed out the door.

Woah...I almost gave away the ending by posting my idea of how it's going to end. Sorry guys, you'll just have to wait. :smiley:

PM List
YoungStarsOwner
Alias Fan Gillian
AgentKate
Patomac
Sebahe
Aliasfancarrie7
iheartvaughn
Phoenix 47
tubby
IWantRome
6helterskelter6