Buffy on Alias?

dicksun

Cadet
After ranking number one at the box office this past weekend with her latest film, The Grudge, Sarah Michelle Gellar was heard on the Tony Danza show discussing what's next for her career. When Tony Danza asked if she was interested in doing something spy-related, Gellar mentioned that since (according to rumors) Pierce Brosnan wouldn't be starring in the next Bond film, that maybe she could take his place, adding that she didn't understand why it couldn't be a girl who got to play Bond, Jamie Bond. My thought: Who better to guest on Alias than Miss Buffy the Vampire Slayer herself. Maybe a recurring storyline, 3-4 episodes, a new nemesis for Sydney. I think it could be gold. What do you think?

If you agree, I say that we share our thoughts with J.J. and Jenn and Sarah.

dicksun said:
she didn't understand why it couldn't be a girl who got to play Bond, Jamie Bond.
[post="1040851"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Perhaps because fans of the series wouldn't accept a female Bond? Good lord . . . that should be a different franchise, not a female Bond . . . :lol:

Natalia said:
The problem is, SMG in an action television series is always going to be Buffy, no matter what name they give the character.
[post="1042838"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

True true. But they've had other characters on the show that were at one time someone else that pulled off the Alias character very well. Such as David Caradine and Roger Moore. I think that SMG would kick ass on Alias.

sPyInThEdArK said:
True true. But they've had other characters on the show that were at one time someone else that pulled off the Alias character very well. Such as David Caradine and Roger Moore. I think that SMG would kick ass on Alias.
[post="1044049"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have thought about this a lot actually. Sarah Michelle Gellar being on Alias. I would love to see her do a re-curring part of 4 to 5 episodes. 2 episodes this coming season towards the end - two episodes in season 5 and one episode in season 6. They could maybe even use her as the main villian for an Alias movie.

Such as David Caradine and Roger Moore.
But none as recent as Buffy!!

Like last season with RG, I felt like I was watching The Office.

Putting television's two female action stars together is going to be Buffy vs Alias, kind of like Alien vs Predator. I think it would be tacky, and a blatant appeal to the younger audience.

If SMG were to be in Alias, wouldn't she be some sort of a!!e-kicking hero? The other stars have come in and played different characters, not been recruited because they are already well-known for playing that particular kind of role.

I would love it to see Sarah Michelle Gellar on Alias, but not as the Buffy-Character. I would prefer it to see her as an cool ass-kickin`-agent.

Id loooooathe it. LOATHE. It would be like "well, you were an ass kicking chick on YOUR show, so lets just bring you on this show.. because its an ass kicking chick show as well.... and.. well... yeah, thats all we got."

Argh. Also? I severely dislike SMG, although i am a rabid hyena of a Buffy fan. Go figure.

I think she be great as long as they made her a bad character rather than a good one because otherwise it'd be too similiar to buffy! :(

it's totally ok as long as syd gets to kick her butt in the end it would not be fair if a new character would be stronger than syd!!! (y)

I'm against it - unless Syd gets to seriously kick her butt and/or kill her. I liked SMG on Buffy, but I don't want anyone stealing the spotlight from Syd. Comparing Buffy and Syd, I much prefer Syd because she can kick butt while still remaining sweet and ladylike. I don't think that Buffy was a very nice girl for the most part. Plus, I think she's a much better friend. So, if SMG is ever on Alias, I think she should get the felgercarb kicked out of her (even if she's not playing Buffy). My reasoning probably doesn't make sense to anyone else but me, but that's how I feel. Just say no to SMG!

I love SMG, but no matter what I see her in, she will always be Buffy to me. It would be too weird if she was on Alias, because, like I said, no matter what name or character they give her, she will always be Buffy. We already have 2 ass-kicking girls, we don't need a third.

Back