Cheap

My guess - Jack is Vaughn's client, and Syd is Jack's daughter, but she got so tired of Jack's felgercarb so she ran away and was unable to get a job, so now she's on the streets. :smiley:

Great Start! Can't wait for more... PM Me.! (y)

That was great!!! One second your at the top the next second your at the bottom of the food chain... Interesting concept!! :smiley: Please keep me on the PM list

Thanks for all the reviews!

Chapter 2

A glimmering object caught her eye as it entered the alley. Sydney focused her eyes on what appeared to be a watch skidding towards her. Looking up at the many people passing by on the sidewalk, she saw that no one was searching for it. It had probably been dropped and kicked into the alley by accident.

She rose to her feet, approaching it slowly. She picked it up and was shocked to see that it looked expensive. It was shiny silver, obviously real, and the glass wasn’t cut or scraped. The inscribed ‘ROLEX’ on the band furthered the idea that it was expensive.

Smiling at her discovery, Sydney took it back to her box for safekeeping. She knew she could get a lot of money at a pawnshop for this kind of thing. She just hoped they would believe she didn’t steal it.

She wondered about the man who dropped it, as it was obviously a man’s watch. Did he deserve to loose something so precious? Or did he work hard for his money? Was he handsome? Was he kind?

She shook her head, ridding her mind of thoughts like that. Daydreaming would help her situation about as much as a thunderstorm on a cold night. Clutching the watch to her chest, she fell asleep for a while, happy that she might be able to actually buy something when she awoke later.

“Thanks for meeting with me on such short notice.” His client thanked him at the end of the meeting. Michael shook his hand and noticed his wrist felt lighter than normal. When he pulled up his sleeve, he saw that his watch was gone. It had been a gift from his father for his birthday that year. Maybe the clamp came loose during the meeting and it fell off, he thought.

“Have you seen my watch?” Michael asked, ducking under the table to check the floor.

“Where did you last have it?” The man asked, checking around the meeting room.

“Um... I last checked the time when I was on the sidewalk… so somewhere between here and there.” He deduced. Not finding it in the conference room, he said goodbye and headed outside.

The overwhelming New York crowds made him stop in his tracks and wonder how he was going to find his watch and not get trampled.

Sydney glanced out of her box as she awoke later that afternoon. A man was standing still among the moving traffic of people on the sidewalk. She wondered why he wasn’t going anywhere and what he was doing. He was looking around at people’s feet.

Suddenly realizing that this man probably was the owner of the lost watch, she tucked it into a pocket on her coat. She should probably return it, but she needed the money more than he did, obviously.

The task felt hopeless, he thought as his eyes searched the ground on the sidewalk. There were too many people walking by to be able to see much of the ground. If it had been dropped out here, it wouldn’t still be on the sidewalk. Someone would have kicked it, or picked it up, or stepped on it.

His eyes suddenly connected with a young girl in the alley to his left, sitting in a cardboard box. He could plainly see she was homeless, but there was a chance she could have seen where his watch went.

He pushed through the crowd, keeping his eyes on her. He entered the alley, slowly approaching her box. When he got a clear view of her face, he could tell she was afraid. It probably wasn’t everyday a random man walked up to her.

“Excuse me… Um… have you seen a watch?” He asked, trying not to scare her.

TBC...
PM List
sydneymicheal
derevkointraining
SpygirlAmy
gtwallichs
texasalias2004
vaughnshoney
grassyass
NadiaSantosFan
LittleNicky
Kate_14
laura_vaughn
tunita
vaughn4eva24
Faye Vaughn
farliieansds225
Addicted 2 Alias
gregstar
phoenix shotgun 47
krzykty57789
funkymonkey
cookiemonster
sparklingrainbow
Ms.MichaelVaughn
Donniegirl
blknight
Agent Bristow-Vaughn
Catpin

Huh?! She looked scared as he approached her!?
Micheal Vaughn is hardly a scary looking man. . . .
But then she's probably afraid he'll interogate her. . .
Hey! She should guess Micheal's too much of a gentleman to get rough with her?!

Thanks for the pm.

Back