Chemistry

okay, this is my first fic, so be nice :blush:

Title: Chemistry
Genre: S/V AU...a little angst, a little fluff
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. I'm just a poor college student, so don't sue me!
Summary: Syd and Vaughn meet in college and they DO NOT get along. Sparks fly, and soon they discover Chemistry!

Chapter One

“Franciiiiiiieeeee! If we don’t leave now we’re gonna be late and Mrs. Migues will deduct points
from our grades! Again.”

“I’m hurrying! I promise! Just give me two more minutes,” yelled Francie Calfo.

“That’s what you said five minutes ago,” Sydney yelled back. Francie was perpetually late. It wouldn’t matter if she started getting ready 3 hours before she was supposed to be somewhere. She’d still be late.

“Okay, I’m ready,” Francie said as she ran into the room. “Let’s go, Syd. We’re gonna be late!”

“You say that like it’s my fault!”

Francie just rolled her eyes and pulled her friend out the door. They ran across campus and got to their class just as Mrs. Migues was closing the door. Sydney ducked her head and slipped into her seat as Mrs. Migues gave them a death glare.

“You girls need to learn to be on time. How do you expect to be nurses if you can’t even be on
time for an 8:30 class? Clinicals start much earlier, you know,” Mrs. Migues stated in a tone
designed to make students feel the size of an ant.

“Sorry, Mrs. Migues,” Sydney mumbled as Francie tried to hide a grin.

“Don’t apologize. Just be on time. Now. This morning we are going to talk about pain during
childbirth and nonpharmacological pain management. We are moving the IV practice lab to this
afternoon.”

Sydney left class with her usual nursing school headache. Why does Francie always have to make me late? It doesn’t help me get on the professors’ good side if I can’t ever be on time. They already don’t like me because of my father, she thought.
Jack Bristow is a doctor at one of the local hospitals. He’s an excellent surgeon, but he has a bit of an attitude problem. Actually, it’s more of the God-complex that many doctors seem to come down with. Sydney tried to make her professors understand that she is nothing like her father, but she finally realized that she would have to prove it through her actions instead of her words. So far, it hasn’t worked.
As her head continued to pound, Sydney walked slowly back toward her dorm. Francie’s boyfriend, Will Tippen, met them outside of their classroom and took Francie to the House of Java. Because her head was down, she didn’t see the person walking toward her. She turned quickly off the path to take a shortcut to her room and ran smack into him.

“Oh! I’m so....,” she began as she looked up. Immediately her chocolate brown eyes turned ice
cold. “Oh. It’s you.”

TBC??

seriously, i don't know if i should keep writing this or if it is any good, so let me know...if you like it the next posts will be longer....shelley :blush:

Ooooohhhh, i like this!! Please continue!!

Poor Syd, you know, if i were her, i would just leave Francie behind... does that make me a bad person?? And living in the Almighty Jack's shadow... that's gotta suck!

Hmmm... i wonder if the stranger could be Vaughn.... hee hee....

Please PM me when you continue this, which you must do!!

This sounds really good, can I get a PM please??? Pretty please??? Love that Jacks a doctor, seems so, ironic from his character in Alias.

~lily~

Okay, here is chapter two....please r&r...shelley :blush:

Chapter 2

“Oh. It’s you.” Michael Vaughn just glared at her, his electric green eyes practically boring holes right through her.
“Maybe you should watch where you’re going.” Spoiled brat.
“Well, maybe you should get out of my way,” she shot back. Pretentious jerk.
“Oh. Well excuse me, Princess. I didn’t realize that I had crossed onto your sacred territory. Please let me beg Her Highness’ forgiveness so I can be on my way to class.” He bowed mockingly, rolled his eyes, and walked toward the building she had just exited.

Sydney watched him walk away and let out a frustrated growl when he was out of ear shot. And I thought my day couldn’t get any worse. But NO! I had to run into him. That self righteous prick. As if getting yelled at by Mrs. Migues TWICE today wasn’t enough. She doesn’t know why, but she just bristles around him. It’s been that way since the first time they met. Well, since the first time they spoke anyway.

Flashback

“Mom, I don’t think I can do this.” Laura Bristow just looked at her daughter and smiled.
“Of course you can, sweetheart. You’re a Bristow. That means you’re the best. Bristows are winners. Besides, you’re already guaranteed a scholarship. This competition is just to see who gets the top scholarship.”
“I feel sick.” Sydney has a nervous stomach. Every time something big comes up, good or bad, she is up sick the entire night before.
“You’ll be fine. Once the competitions starts, you’ll forget all about your stomach.”
“I wish Dad could be here.”
“I know you do, sweetheart. I wish he could, too. But you know he had to work.”
“He’s always working. He probably wouldn’t care about this anyway,” Sydney mumbled.
“What was that?”
“Nothing.”

The two drove in silence for awhile, then finally turned onto the campus of Louisiana College. They pulled into the parking lot in front of the student center. Sydney smoothed out her skirt and jacket, then looked over at her mother.
“You ready?” Laura asked.
“As ready as I’ll ever be. Let’s go check out my competition,” Sydney said with a dimpled grin.

They walked into the crowded building and glanced around. Immediately, a perky brunette bounced up and introduced herself. “Hi! I’m Dawn,” she giggled. “Are you here for the competition, too?”
“Yeah. My name’s Sydney and this is my mother, Laura.”
“They just announced the groups we are going to be put in before you walked in. I’m in group 1, but I think you are in group 3. They’re all standing over there.” She pointed to a group of about 10 people standing on the far side of the room.
“Thanks,” Sydney replied as she began making her way over to them. “Good luck!”
“You, too.”

Sydney glanced at the different faces in the group. Although there were a couple of girls, the group was largely made up of guys. One guy-- his name tag identified him as Eric Weiss-- was attempting to lighten the mood by telling jokes. Some of them are pretty funny, she thinks as she laughs to herself. She feels someone bump into her and quickly turns only to meet some of the most piercing green eyes she has ever seen.
Wow, is all she can think.
He stares deep into her warm brown eyes.
Hmm, maybe this school is going to be interesting after all, he thinks. He begins to take in her features– curly chestnut hair falling just below her shoulders, beautiful brown eyes, and a smile that can make a man forget his own name. He glances down at her name tag. Sydney Bristow. Why do I know that name? It suddenly dawns on him that he knows exactly why that name is familiar. His boss, Dr. Bristow, is her father. Dr. Bristow is always bragging about his perfect little angel of a daughter. She sounds more like a stuck up, spoiled little rich girl to me.

“Excuse me, Princess,” he says with a sneer. Immediately her smile faded. Michael felt a tinge of regret at the loss of that smile. But not enough to feel guilty. Sydney rolled her eyes and turned back to Eric and the rest of the group, silently making a vow to impress the judges so much they wouldn’t even notice he was in the room. Little did she know that he was making the same vow.
As the competition began, the groups were asked a variety of questions. They ranged from riddles to what-would-you-do situations. Michael interrupted people so often that she would almost laugh out loud when he got an answer wrong. At the end of the day, Sydney was declared the Smith Scholar and the recipient of a full-paid scholarship. Several of the other students came up and congratulated her after the awards ceremony, including Dawn. Michael narrowed his eyes at her as she passed him on her way out. She was going to keep walking, but instead whirled around and marched right up to him.

“Look. I don’t know what your problem is with me, but you need to get over it. Now! I haven’t done anything to you. If you’re mad because I won and you didn’t, tough! That’s the way the cookie crumbles. Maybe if you would get over yourself for one second, you could see that you are not the center of the universe and other people deserve good things, too.”
“I’m sure Daddy will be proud of you,” he said as he angrily stalked off.
“Yeah, right. I’m sure he will,” she said to no one in particular.

end flashback

It has been three and a half years since that day, and nothing has been resolved. If anything, things between them have gotten worse. They occasionally hang out in group settings because they have a few mutual friends. They even manage to act civil towards one another. But that is not the case when no one else is around.
As Sydney reached her dorm, she began digging for her key. Sighing, she remembered leaving her keys in Francie’s purse. Anything else? Just then a typical Louisiana rainstorm began. “Of course it would rain.” After about five minutes, her other roommate, Dawn, walked up. She shoots Sydney a look saying she knows exactly how she feels, and the two walk up to their apartment.

“So I don’t need to ask how your day is going, do I?”
“Four words. Debra Migues, Michael Vaughn.”
“That bad, huh?” she asked, barely suppressing a grin.
“Let’s just say that getting locked out in the rain was the high point of my day.”
“Yikes!” Dawn shoots her a pained look.
“Yeah.”

tbc

pm list
syd26
Bubbles
grassyass
vaughnshoney
Prediction 47
6helterskelter6
Chicketepee
Kate_14
cupcake55
Lily Ella
BrownEyedGirl

Poor Sydney, getting stuck out in the rain like that. I've had days like that.
I hope Syd and Michael start getting along soon, it's sad that they aren't. :(
Thanks for the PM!

Awww.. poor Syd... what a Crappy day!

stupid Michael.. why did he have to go and judge her before knowing her... and Eric, what a sweet goof!!

Thanks so much for the PM!!

*leans back in recliner chair and sips tropical drink*

Aaaaaaaahh... this is the life!

Bring on the angst and the fighting! :woot:

Absolutely loved it... can't wait for more!

love JuJu :harp:

Now Vaughn shouldn't have judged so quickly just because of her father!! :nonono:
-But I know that they will both regret not talking to each other sooner or later!!! ;)
-I'm not worried...cause all this tension will turn into love!! :rolleyes:
Right!!! :thinking:
:lol:
Thanks for the pm!

*leans back in recliner chair and sips tropical drink*

Aaaaaaaahh... this is the life!

Bring on the angst and the fighting! :woot:

had one of those tonight myself....angst really is my favorite

I'm not worried...cause all this tension will turn into love!!
Right!!!

i dunno...we'll have to wait and see...i'm kinda partial to the fighting myself

Great update. They really do hate each other right now huh?

yeah, pretty much

thanks for reading y'all....shelley :blush:

Back