Courtship

Oh man... those are nice guys... all the guys in my school are either jerks... or actually scratch that... they're all jerks!!!!!

LOL... I love my 2 friends... I don't know what I'd do without them. One of them is trying to "hook me up" (as he calls it) with the other one. I think that given a chance, it might work out, but I don't want to jump into anything. I want to be friends (and good friends at that!) with a guy LONG before he becomes a love interest. As of now, I'm happy with having them both as some of the best friends I've ever had, and brothers in Christ...

no where, but I want to find someone who is a Christian, I'd like someone with the same values and beliefs as me so I don't fall apart as I get older.

Alias Obsessed 47 said:
aliasjgfanaticmv said:
None for me.  No one, nothing, nada, zip, zero, zilch, I will grow up old and bitter ^_^
awwwwww..........we dont want a bitter jo. for me, id like a gentleman to hold doors open, to carry books for me, and to bring me cards and flowers on our anniversaries. but..........GET REAL! how many ppl do u know that are like that? oh well.
i know a guy like that...my friend's boyfriend...read my post on the first page...anyways, she might break up with him soon though

I like that old fashioned stuff to a certain degree. My old boyfriend was like that. But he wasn't over-the top or anything. It's kind of nice to be treated like a lady every now and then.

if i a guy were to ask me out(and not many do im too old fashioned and goody goody for guys to like me becuase basically all high school guys want is easy girls and im a challenge becuase i wont date any run of the mill obnoxious immature wannabe!(is that harsh?!LMAO!)
but if a guy were to ask me tou(which i hope one does soon!) i would want him to be very front about it, and go out to see a movie or go putt-putt and then to get ice cream or something different like bowling or taking me shopping(hey even that immature guy could take me shopping and i would say yes!LMAO!!!!)

i've been asked out by a few guys, not very many, but they were just really derperate, they had just broken up with their girlfriends.. and i wasn't about to go out with them, they had never even talked to me before. ugh.. guys are stupid! lmao! but if there was a halfway ok guy, he would be really funny, and sweet and caring, and he would stand up for me, and he would resepct me, and would be a chrisitan, and would always remember my birthday. ;-).. hehe

Apperantly I'm not popular enough to get asked out. People say popularity doesn't matter but it does. I was asked out by a creepy kid that barely knew me though.(I said no.) I guess Prince Charming is only a fantasy.

glimmerofhope said:
mandi I wish I knew a guy who would hold open doors for me I can't seem to find any!!!
he does that and once we were walking home from school and i had lots of stuff to carry so he carried my flute case (which is not heavy by the way, but i let him cause he felt like he was helping! LMAO!) it was really hilarious though, because he looked like an idiot carrying my flute around, but he really didn't care...

TephieD said:
Apperantly I'm not popular enough to get asked out. People say popularity doesn't matter but it does. I was asked out by a creepy kid that barely knew me though.(I said no.) I guess Prince Charming is only a fantasy.
I'm sure popularity does play a part, but those kind of relationships DO NOT last. Yes, maybe one in fifty, but in reality by not giving in to this popular flow, I'm sure you'll be much happier later on in life. You will find that prince charming, I don't doubt it in the least bit!!

I've had these...I suppose you could call mini week long relationships. I've never been asked out...and maybe it's the thought that counts.

But TephieD don't even think about lowering your standards for a guy or just b/c you want to be asked out. The right time will come for you and me for that matter! lol

I'm not thinking about lowing my standards so don't worry! It's not that I want to be asked out...it's just that...I want someone to be there for me, to hug me, to love me, to understand me(though I doubt it possible since half the time i don't understand myself), to care about me, that kind of thing. Sorry. Got a little emotional there. I guess i'm just a hopeless romantic. :smiley:

TephieD said:
I'm not thinking about lowing my standards so don't worry! It's not that I want to be asked out...it's just that...I want someone to be there for me, to hug me, to love me, to understand me(though I doubt it possible since half the time i don't understand myself), to care about me, that kind of thing. Sorry. Got a little emotional there. I guess i'm just a hopeless romantic. :smiley:
Don't feel bad or anything, b/c I'm the same hopeless romantic. And I do feel nearly the same way as you...I don't necessarily want a boyfriend at all, I just have this fear of being alone.....and it's probably one of the bad things about me....this fear of loneliness, and this has nothing to do with my faith b/c that's another story, but a human kind of love...

btvaughn said:
I'm sure popularity does play a part, but those kind of relationships DO NOT last. Yes, maybe one in fifty, but in reality by not giving in to this popular flow, I'm sure you'll be much happier later on in life. You will find that prince charming, I don't doubt it in the least bit!!
Thats a really good point

Back