Cult show

:woot: I read in tv guide that Alias is one of the shows that are in the coming of being a cult show.

They said inorder to become a cult you have to be on for a long time and have a great story line or somiething. I really want alias to become a cult! :D

It could bring up ratings.

I read that article too. Unfortunately some of those shows barely lasted a season or two. It seems to me the main ingredient for a true cult show is querky characters that are easily identifiable (Farscape, Star Trek) or that drive the weirdness with eccentric personalities (Twin Peaks, X-Files).

The only weird thing about Sydney is that she's normal. As far flung as Rambaldi is, they haven't gone full bore into the Sci Fi end, so the mythology is only speculation (not that I'd want it to go X-Files).

Besides, what do you wear to a convention... a suit? (I know, and a million wig colors)

ya, it waz in da tv guide and those things had been on a while or were really lame like star trek. but Alias could become 1, it said it waz a wannabe.

it could become a cult show but after the season finale of alias EW, or soum1 in a magazine said that alias lost 800,000 viewrs. thats a lot. tho i may not have likd the season finale as much as the second season, im not jus gonna stop watchin alias,b/c i want 2 c wat happens 2 evry1.

They're not paying attention. Alias already has all the hallmarks of a cult series. It has unusual plot elements and an unusual premise (the combination of spy-action/family drama-romance/scifi elements), a strong reliance on the careful development of long-term story arcs, characters and relationships that change as the series goes on, and fans increase their enjoyment of the series by drawing upon their understanding of the history of the action and characters. Just because Jennifer Garner is a star and they were able to obtain the services of two actors (Victor Garber and Ron Rifkin) and (briefly) one actress with great reputation does not change this. Just because a series is a "cult" series does not make it lower quality--in fact, quite often the reverse is true. (And why didn't my TV Guide come in the mail?! I think someone stole mine!! :angry: ) ;)
✌️

I read in tv guide that Alias is one of the shows that are in the coming of being a cult show.

They said inorder to become a cult you have to be on for a long time and have a great story line or somiething. I really want alias to become a cult! 

It could bring up ratings.

Part of being a cult show is that the show has a CULT following. That means a stable, loyal audience that doesn't increase/decrease by very much week to week. Cult shows usually don't get good ratings, and being one certainly means your ratings will not go up. ;)

Yea I already thought alias was considered a cult show..and I thought it was mainly based upon the loyality of fans, which alias clearly has!

verdantheart said:
They're not paying attention. Alias already has all the hallmarks of a cult series.
I was thinking that too as I read the article - that the writers obviously don't go online a lot, or they'd know that Alias is already as full-fledged "culty" as it can possibly get. I mean, look at us! We're freaks! ^_^ I think this is one of those series, like "Buffy", where the cult develops early and quickly. It isn't necessary for the show to have been off the air for years in this case. We're already at the obsessional point-of-no-return.

Back