Curse You Navarre

Yes, Obama's going to give it a red hot go, huh, despite the posturing that he's only testing the waters, etc, etc.

Yeah, once you've got an "exploratory committee" it's pretty much like coming right out and declaring that you are running. I can't envision anything possible that would prevent that committee from discovering "gee, our candidate has an excess of charisma, intelligence, spirit, and is highly fundable/electable."

If redneck retards are calling a simple name in red, white, and blue propaganda... Where's the WMDs? Propaganda? Wait, wait.. Freedom.. No. Osama! Yes, he's the enemy.

08's looking great. I'm glad someone with actual integrity decided to run.

...I don't even have the vaguest idea of what you guys are talking about... I liked your old sig, though, Luc. I identified you by it. Now... not so much...

Get with the program Kuzzle, you slacker! Just cause you're Alaskan doesn't mean your political awareness should be limited to which candidate wants to drill more so you get another check from the fed. ;)2

We're talking about Barack Obama, one of the Democratic candidates for president in '08. He's been essentially the rock-star of the dem. party for a couple of years and is the first black candidate, in my opinion, to have a serious shot at the presidency.

Like him or hate him, you can't deny he has a different attitude towards politics. The serious question is whether he is qualified enough- he has some state senatorial experience but not so much in the fed. government (though that's still more overall political exp. than Bush had)

And yes Daax, Luciro and I are derailing your thread *cackles* ]:smiley:

The reason my sig is there is for one reason. So US citizens can go check out Obama on their own. I'm not even going to sing praises to the guy. Just know that I support him. If you're like.. 08 Obama? Now when it comes up in the news or if you do a search on his platform, then boom. I just have a great feeling about the guy. Propaganda or not, he's the way to go since obviously the way we're heading is bleak and dark.

He'll give it a good run but (not myself supporting this) there are two probalbe reasons he might lose: Idiots associate Obama w/ Osama, esp. after what CNN did & 2: He is black and whenever a black person runs all the white supremacists(so not spelled right) get out and vote for white people.

Yeah, but he may win for a similar reason too. America's got a lot of minorities now who'd vote just for color rather than the man's ability to lead the nation. Which, he has.

I'm not really backing Obama after all the felgercarb about him hiding his religion, middle name, and recently the smoking thing. Amercian voters HATE smokers. And he probably has a far less chance now because of it. And quite honestly, I don't want a Muslim president. Especially not one that went to a school of a radical muslim sect. Why? Well, look at bush. It'll just end up as a mess with Obama trying to pass laws based on religious reasons and not for the well-being of the american people. Islam and democracy don't mix. That's why the middle east will never change. And the fact that he lied and tried to play himself off as a goody-goody christian man shows how he runs his sh*t.

but I may be wrong about the guy. Right now, I'm undecided in my vote but leaning toward Hillary as my best bet now that she's officially a presidential candidate.

I can't complain about Hilary either. But I've never seen any political actions taken by Obama where his only reasoning was... "These people hate my daddy." or "Jesus told me to."
Plus I don't think he hid his religion. He just didn't put it at the bottom of his business card and kept it out of his politics. Ya know, the way the forefathers wanted it.

I really don't know who I will vote for. Possibly neither. I really don't think Hillary has values I can really agree with. She says she's democratic, but she seems to have quite a few republican ideas, and ones I don't agree with.

When I was little, and even just a few years ago, I thought that it would be great to have a female president. And it would be.. I just don't think she's the kind of president I want.

:whs: Huh... Just noticed that it wasn't "What they said". We need a "What she said" sign. But, yeah, the problem with me saying "I don't think Hilary Clinton would make a good president." is that I always feel like someone's going to think I'm sexist for saying it. But, I mean, c'mon, regardless of gender, I don't like her.

I agree with both Div and Kuzzle, I heartily look forward to our first female president... just not Hillary filling that role. While I'm certainly interested in Obama as a candidate, there is still quite alot of time before the full list of candidates is revealed and more info is known on them all. I'm not one for picking people w/o a whole lot of info.

You'd devote the entire military's budget to cloning dinosaurs with bombs strapped to them to fight our wars for us. In other words, I'd vote for ya.

I think he'd waste it all on Pez and just SAY he's cloning dinosaurbombs.. We've already had one president like that, and it's not worked out too well. Now if it platform had something to do about.. END FORCED MULTICLASSING! He'd win my vote.

Back